Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Grand National

Who are you backing today??

My main horse is JUNIOR 16/1 WEIGHT (11-02) | AGE (9) | NAT. (UK) | NUMBER (10) | JOCKEY (Tom Scudamore) and for an outside chance I have gone for WEIRD AL 50/1 WEIGHT (11-08) | AGE (9) | NAT. (IRE) | NO. (3) | JOCKEY (Timmy Murphy) both have great jockeys onboard and weird al has only ever placed when Timmy Murphy has riden him.

All the runners here http://www.grand-national.me.uk/grandnationalrunners/

My main bet is Synchronised ( Tony McCoy )- It won the Cheltenham gold cup which is 3 miles 2 furlongs. It won that going away at the end so 4 miles 4 furlongs in the Grand National will suit.

I've had smaller bets on -

Ballabriggs - Trevor Hemmings horses always run well in the National

On His Own - Ruby Walsh is going for his 3rd win in the race

Sunnyhillboy - Won well at Cheltenham last time out

Just done Seabass as well ! Some decent money being put on it now !

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

Well I saw Giles08 had put his joker on Spelthorne to beat Hartley Wintney today in the predictascore. Figured he was angry at losing out to them in the 3rd place play-off last week. Has to be an omen. Giles Cross 18-1 :)

haha I did back that horse of course but too be honest as Hartley are defo third flyhought they May take foot off gas an spelthorne are a good side at home

Whilst the Grand National brings lots of joy (and misery if they lose!) to many people, and fills up the bookies pockets, we must have a serious thought about the 2 lovely horses that suffered yesterday. What must the owners, trainers the young lads and lassies who look after these lovely animals day in and day out be feeling like, its like losing one of their own.

Thats 2 years in succession that horses have died in the National and some have in prervious meetings, so why ? Too many horses, are the fences too big even tho' the fences were reduced in height for yesterdays race ?

Its a reality check as was Muamba's recent incident.

The length of the race is pretty long and after running all that way jumping over fences then getting whipped what horse wouldnt be cream crackered! I am shocked more horses dont have heart attacks after all that running and jumping. It is sad that horses keeping being put down. Something has to change about the race. I saw on the news 5 horses died at the Cheltenham Festival. Someone needs to look into the race and see why this keeps happing, last year horses and this years horses that died, have all have died after jumping the same fence.

Talking about Muamba NG. It was sad news yesterday when Piermario Morosini collapsed and died on the pitch in the Italian Serie B. It was the same as Muamba, he was only 25. Shocking situation and very sad. Not sure how many people are actually aware this happened.

Talking about Muamba NG. It was sad news yesterday when Piermario Morosini collapsed and died on the pitch in the Italian Serie B. It was the same as Muamba, he was only 25. Shocking situation and very sad. Not sure how many people are actually aware this happened.

Yeah YV I heard about this incident yesterday, so sad and so young. I believe that in Italy there are strict regulations that a medical examination is made to test the heart of each player is done on a regular basis, Now I am not too sure how regular these tests are done in the UK but surely after these 2 recent incidents something must be done IMMEDIATELY by the FA (I presume) ?

Yeah YV I heard about this incident yesterday, so sad and so young. I believe that in Italy there are strict regulations that a medical examination is made to test the heart of each player is done on a regular basis, Now I am not too sure how regular these tests are done in the UK but surely after these 2 recent incidents something must be done IMMEDIATELY by the FA (I presume) ?

FIFA make the screening tests compulsory in many European countries including Italy, which means they would of had tests but not sure how regular. I believe, and don't quote me on this, that the English FA have not opted to make it compulsory. I believe it should be as I think it is shocking that young people pass away doing what they enjoy, which includes all sports. Screening is optional at a small cost and I would highly recommend anyone doing this for yourselves and your children. This is also why I support the charity C-R-Y which is one that we helped to raise money for at Christmas with the forum match.

Glad to see the carnage of horses being slaughtered is mentioned above.

The race should be banned.

I haven't had a bet on the National in years just for that very reason.

I don't recall horses being slaughtered!

They were humanly destroyed after unfortunately breaking a leg after falling, for which there is no come back for a horse. They can jst as easily break a leg in a flat race (which is usually far worse for all concerned).