Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southall FC

Wednesday 26th September

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY First Round

4-0 Southall v Cranfield United

Southall deserved the win but Cranfield United gave them a game and played some good football.

K.Herbert scored two goals and played really well.

Are manger and coaching staff aint got a clue its a cup game and we have K.Herbert playin injuried wacko.png any 1 with sense rests players we have a big game sat.K.Herbert is a key player for us

569.gif

They did bring him off once the game was won.

Up until it went Southall 2 Cranfield United 0 in the second half it was a close game and if the Cranfield United players could hit the target the score and game would have been different in my opinion.

But as i have already said Southall deserved the win and they did play some really great football after they went 2 0 up.

Your right too. Best teams southall played so far we drew and lost, so I can't really say to much.

Fair enough. The point is was trying to make is a couple of gobby fellas very quick to come on and run down teams when Southall win, Southall from what I've heard are a good side with some terrific players so it doesn't mean a team is poor if they are eaten by a good side. We are struggling at the mo but have brought in players with more on the way since our game v you in which our back 4 average age was 17 (2 of those lads are not defenders by any stretch either) average age in that team was 19 that day. Even with best available players you'd have still hammered us so no excuse just a fact. On the pitch is a concern at the moment but off it we are in great shape and with lots of developments in the offing we are looking good long term. This season is going to be hard to take but we'll take it and move on. I'm here rain or shine I don't just appear and disappear when it suits. All the best with your endeavours at Southall hope you achieve your aims. You'll never get a bite with a cheap shot off me, I call it as I see it as many will testify, so if you were looking for a rise earlier sorry to disappoint.

Domcassells - I understand that Southall are interested in a former Kentish Town player called Kelfala Fofana who was instrumental in their Championship season in 2007/2008

I don't know for sure, but it would not surprise me. If your ambitions are to accelerate through the leagues at a faster than normal place, you'll constantly be striving to find and play the best players, irrespective of whether that's is good for the team or squad as a whole. Hypothetically speaking of course.

• 1 month later...

I see that Southall are searching high and low for Coaching staff:

Coaching Vacancies Southall FC

Southall FC is looking for FA Level One and Level Two coaches to work with their First and Reserve Teams. The club is looking for Coaches who are willing to learn and gain experience at a semi-professional club and are available to start immediately.

Candidates must be able to demonstrate a coaching drill at this level before they are considered and should ideally have some experience of working with a semi- professional club.

The club is also looking for youth coaches qualified to a minimum of Level One, for teams at Under-8, Under-9 and Under-10.

All Coaches must have a valid CRB in addition to their coaching qualifications. All positions are voluntary roles with the chance to move up the coaching ladder.

For further information or to apply, please contact: the club Operations Manager Dhiren Shah on 07958 409055 or email your CV to dhir139@yahoo.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

I think another season in Division 1 wont do Southall FC any harm i think they have done well in there first season in Division 1 and most of there supporters feel the same on both counts. But i know there are people involved with the club that wanted promotion this season so i wonder if the manager and players are feeling the pressure ?

I think another season in Division 1 wont do Southall FC any harm i think they have done well in there first season in Division 1 and most of there supporters feel the same on both counts. But i know there are people involved with the club that wanted promotion this season so i wonder if the manager and players are feeling the pressure ?

Yes from a very outside point of view for a first season they've done well but with the money they are spending to get players who should be too good for this level they haven't. Perhaps you're right the expectation could be weighing them down. Can they afford another season in div 1? The prem is even tougher to get out of too. Listen I'm not having a go but they put it out there what they were going to do, every team they played and beat they described as p!ss poor. They a big club with good fan base and history. I'm just asking the question.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Yes from a very outside point of view for a first season they've done well but with the money they are spending to get players who should be too good for this level they haven't. Perhaps you're right the expectation could be weighing them down. Can they afford another season in div 1? The prem is even tougher to get out of too. Listen I'm not having a go but they put it out there what they were going to do, every team they played and beat they described as p!ss poor. They a big club with good fan base and history. I'm just asking the question.

And it would be nice if some one connected with Southall could answer your question.

From what ive seen of Southall this season they look to me like a team that plays well when the weather is good and they are not losing the game. But when the weather is not so good and and they are losing a game there heads seem to go down and they play like they aint to bothered about the out come of the game. Also they seem to have used a hell of a lot of players so far this season.

Edited by Savagebee

Yeah no one is obliged to answer I guess it's just they weren't shy earlier this season. I heard against buck Ath they could have killed the game in 90th minute but guy fell over after going round keeper. However I was told they just looked like a team of quick guys who didn't play together just wanted to dribble it round everyone on their own. When we played then earlier in season granted it was weakest team we have fielded but they were untouchable didn't get near them at any point in the game. Inless they have for an endless pot of money this season could prove to be a very costly one and next season more so. Two seasons of shelling out to get to prem then that to contend with. No ground of their own as yet to be able to get crowds through the gate to ease the burden. Anyway good luck to them. Heard a lot of good things about the Southall that existed back in the day and would be great if they can get back to that