Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Transfers

i was wondering if Nice Guy has spelt the second part of his user name correctly.

Are you allowed to have a go at him TSF you will be slated by the Windsor crew if you are not carefull,oh no I forgot its allright for evreyone else to have a go at him but as soon as I do( and I think you have done it in the past ) I am told i am hijacking the topic.forgive me if I am wrong.

Duncs, I don't think you'll get any complaints from Windsor people if you wish to have a pop at NG, in fact as far as he's concerned there are no rules against it ! Still waiting for him to grow a pair and take the charity bet I offered 6 weeks ago based on his so-called insider info on budgets but not a squeak - just what you expect from a Jaffa !

MULTITUDE OF CHOMPS ........ ;) !!!!

Just a bit of banter about JJ not being allowed on this forum and WOW so protective......so much love :wub: !!!!

Oh VP I'm so sorry for being interested in Camberley, its just natural when things change at a club people are interested in whats happening. Could it be that I actually ask the questions that other posters won't ask, but yet they are still intested to know what any replies would be ? Perhaps thats my young journalism coming out I suppose.......... ;) "

VP take no notice of this insecure little man, to add insult to injury he likes to try intimidate people even more by putting them on his status that he is some kind of supporter he needs to grow up.I hear you have signed quite a few players from Sandhurst from last season not sure some of them are quite ready for a challenge at the top of the league but good luck I hope it all goes well next season.

Cheers Duncs.

Because I'm not an official and not desperate for news of signings, I haven't got a clue how many we've had at training or who they are. All I know is that we've signed a 20 year old from Chalfont St. Peter. I only know that cos he Tweeted it.

By the way, when I say from Chalfont, I mean that's where he lives. I haven't got a clue who he's played for before.

I might pop along to the two friendlies v Knaphill on Saturday - might not. I doubt there'll be a bar there so not really worth going.

Didn't Cannon play for Didcot and Hungerford a few years ago? Can swear he once put a few past Gloucester in the Southern League Cup!

Interesting facts gleaned from Google,he is called 'boom boom'more interestingly Windsor have replaced their hard tackling R/B,with another player from Flackwell Heath,Jamie Thripp guess what he has similar traits to Master Tilbury.

If Windsor are prepared to break the bank, then this striker is looking for a club:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Trundle

Supposedly, he's been on trial with us but there's been nothing concrete in the local press in Gloucester about it.

Sorry, Bomaya, I meant my team Gloucester City.

Mercilessly cut and pasted news from Planet Croydon:

AFC Croydon Athletic are starting to put together the squad they hope will hit the ground running once the league season gets underway next month. The first 10 signings for the forthcoming year are announced today.

Antony Williams is looking to deliver a mix of youth and experience in his squad and there is plenty of experience of the Combined Counties in his first group of players. It includes 4 players who last season plied their trade at Warlingham FC who finished 4th and won the Division One League Cup as part of a successful season.

Danny Pledge (23), who finished last season as Manager’s and Player’s Player of the Year for Warlingham FC, is joined in the squad by midfielders Daniel Penfold (21) & David Baker (24) and striker Lee Jansen (26). The club will be hoping that Jansen can repeat his scoring record from 2010/11 season when he scored 28 goals from 34 appearances.

31 year old Paul Spencer has joined from Guildford City fresh from their championship winning season and brings plenty of experience. He joined Guildford City from Warlingham FC last season so will also be well known to a number of the new contingent. He is joined by former Croydon Athletic and Croydon FC Goalkeeper Dean Rose (24) who has joined having played last season for Coney Hall FC in the Kent County League.

Croydon Athletic Academy winger Jerry Adjei (18) is one of three younger players announced today. He joins along with former Whyteleafe midfielder Lee Stripp (19) and Maxime Zagbayou (20).

The final player in this batch is central defender Simon Logan (28) who played for Corinthian-Casuals. The Newry born player has impressed during the pre-season friendlies and brings an experienced head at the heart of the defence.

The Club is also delighted to announce that Denis Lawton has joined the Management team as Club Physio. He brings plenty of experience with him to help keep the players in good shape.

There will be further signings announced over the coming days ahead of the next match at Crowborough Athletic FC on Saturday.

AFC Croydon Athletic are starting to put together the squad they hope will hit the ground running once the league season gets underway next month. The first 10 signings for the forthcoming year are announced today.

Antony Williams is looking to deliver a mix of youth and experience in his squad and there is plenty of experience of the Combined Counties in his first group of players. It includes 4 players who last season plied their trade at Warlingham FC who finished 4th and won the Division One League Cup as part of a successful season.

Danny Pledge (23), who finished last season as Manager’s and Player’s Player of the Year for Warlingham FC, is joined in the squad by midfielders Daniel Penfold (21) & David Baker (24) and striker Lee Jansen (26). The club will be hoping that Jansen can repeat his scoring record from 2010/11 season when he scored 28 goals from 34 appearances.

31 year old Paul Spencer has joined from Guildford City fresh from their championship winning season and brings plenty of experience. He joined Guildford City from Warlingham FC last season so will also be well known to a number of the new contingent. He is joined by former Croydon Athletic and Croydon FC Goalkeeper Dean Rose (24) who has joined having played last season for Coney Hall FC in the Kent County League.

Croydon Athletic Academy winger Jerry Adjei (18) is one of three younger players announced today. He joins along with former Whyteleafe midfielder Lee Stripp (19) and Maxime Zagbayou (20).

The final player in this batch is central defender Simon Logan (28) who played for Corinthian-Casuals. The Newry born player has impressed during the pre-season friendlies and brings an experienced head at the heart of the defence.

The Club is also delighted to announce that Denis Lawton has joined the Management team as Club Physio. He brings plenty of experience with him to help keep the players in good shape.

There will be further signings announced over the coming days ahead of the next match at Crowborough Athletic FC on Saturday.

Surely that is a misprint in the paper :o !!!

Interesting facts gleaned from Google,he is called 'boom boom'more interestingly Windsor have replaced their hard tackling R/B,with another player from Flackwell Heath,Jamie Thripp guess what he has similar traits to Master Tilbury.

Not sure what traits Tilbury had Smudge (although I can take a guess) but Tripp is a skillful player. Used to play against him years ago and it was never an easy ride. I think his pace will certainly cause problems in the CCL. He's never seemed to step up to the next level so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on at Windsor.

Riccardo Cannon is a quality forward whose drifted between steps 4 & 5 for the last few years but has always got goals wherever he's been so that will be a good signing for Camberley.

Looks a strong side

I think lee Jansen saw one of the best c/f in the div 1 2 seasons ago

Dave Tilbury first of all is a centre half who just happened to play at right back in a number of games for us last season. If he was anywhere near as bad as some would make out he wouldn't have spent the last 10/12 seasons at step 3 and 4 clubs. He is a wholehearted winner who gives his all in every game, perhaps not technically gifted but has a vast knowledge of the game and never lets you down. Hard as nails and loves a tackle and yes sometimes he might mistime one but he never goes out to deliberately hurt anyone and certainly doesn't go down screaming like a tart if he gets one back. The best proof though would be his disciplinary record which for a defneder at the level he's played I think is very good. Again he's had a few reds over the years but most of them were 'taking one for the team' ie last defender tackles or handball on the line type offences. In fact I can't recall him ever being sent off for a bad tackle or violent offence [unless you count double yellows which I recall once !]. I have no doubt that Dave will be an important member of the squad this season, perhaps not getting as many games as he would like but our new right back Jamie Tripp isn't anywhere near the same type of player and. as someone has already pointed out, is a fast overlapping back who likes to get forward and scores a few goals.

As for Riccardo Cannon I'll only say he never did it for us at step 4 and step 5 is probably his level but he won't do well at Camberley if they stick with their direct game as he's a player who likes to run at defenders with the ball.

As for breaking the bank to sign another forward that's something we won't be doing for any player and why would we need to ? We still have golden boot winner Ryan O'Toole, Leeyon Phelan who with a good pre-season under his belt should be a lot fitter than last season, Ben Harris and Rob Lazarcuk who are local youngsters who made an impact of the bench towards the end of the season. We knew the areas where we needed to strengthen and the signings of a right back and central midfielder are we feel just what we needed which means this season should be one where we're there or thereabouts again in the title race.