Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey launch their own TV station...

HKP

I comment, my views,not others.First to break the Guernsey joining CCL,First to break the Wembley,Budweiser link up,First to break the possibility of 2 promotion places this Season on here. I never stick my nose into others business,just ask the questions that should be answered by the League.Promote all clubs through my posts including yours.Soon as someone finds something they do not like,they criticise, Croydon(no melts)did this week.I have no loyalty to any one Club,I LOVE YOU ALL,EVEN NICE GUY.

Edited by Smudge

With any allegation, you have to be very careful about repeating it.

A few years ago, before becoming self-employed, I overheard that my boss had been arrested for a severe sexual assault on a homosexual man.

Everybody in the company was told not to repeat it, or mention it to anybody until the Board of Directors had met with him to discuss his future. We kept our word, and a month later my boss was put on garden leave and then left. Had any of us 'broke rank', that would have prejudiced the case.

I am sure that Croydon FC will issue a statement in due course, and that if guilty they will apologise to and even compensate Guernsey FC.

Adam what a load of Tripe,you sometimes spout.Must say though you must be an unlucky person,after reading some of the experiences in your Life.So a club is liable for it's players alledged actions,after the game is finished?If that was the case, half of the Clubs in the Country would be up before the Varying League Committees.The League Committee/F.A. only have powers when a Player/Club enter a ground,and up until they leave the Ground /Premises including Car Parks.If any law has been broken on the Island of Guernsey it is a Police matter,not a League matter.Just because Guernsey is an Island,that happens to play in the CCL, makes it no different to any other part of the U.K.like Westfield in Woking.The CCL League have caused this rumour spread,and as you well know,what starts of small,gets bigger by the day.Of course helped by your good self,in mentioning,Guilty,Apologise,Compensate,unless of course you knew what happened,which I guess you do not,because if you did,you would of sure told us all.You could of put yourself in a dodgy position though,by your remarks about Croydon F.C.

Darren after all you were the person who brought it to this Forum's attention,without you we all would not of known a thing.If any Criminal charges are to be brought,I could understand the reason why,but other than that it does not hold water.

As long as no names and no details of any alleged offence, then why is there a problem?

Adam what a load of Tripe,you sometimes spout.Must say though you must be an unlucky person,after reading some of the experiences in your Life.So a club is liable for it's players alledged actions,after the game is finished?If that was the case, half of the Clubs in the Country would be up before the Varying League Committees.The League Committee/F.A. only have powers when a Player/Club enter a ground,and up until they leave the Ground /Premises including Car Parks.If any law has been broken on the Island of Guernsey it is a Police matter,not a League matter.Just because Guernsey is an Island,that happens to play in the CCL, makes it no different to any other part of the U.K.like Westfield in Woking.The CCL League have caused this rumour spread,and as you well know,what starts of small,gets bigger by the day.Of course helped by your good self,in mentioning,Guilty,Apologise,Compensate,unless of course you knew what happened,which I guess you do not,because if you did,you would of sure told us all.You could of put yourself in a dodgy position though,by your remarks about Croydon F.C.

Right, I'll field these one by one:

On the load of tripe... we're all guilty of talking sloblock at times, but I do try to make my sloblock interesting for people to comment on.

My life experiences... not unlucky but unfortunate. What has happened to me has happened, I've not let a bad start hold me back in any way. I have a great life here and am happy with my lot, if you must know.

If a club, official, player or whoever makes a remark or accusation about a club or somebody involved in it then they need to explain themselves but behind closed doors. I'm not sure, Smudge, if you have ever heard of 'Chatham House' but that is how most of these inquiries are held (i.e. behind closed doors,and what is said in the room stays in the room).

Last season, I heard a vicious rumour about a league secretary in a Step 5/6 league north of Birmingham. The rumour put about was that the secretary in question was a paedophile and had naked images of under-age children on his computer. These rumours were completely false, and the rumour-monger was found to be an ex club manager who had a particular grievance against the league secretary. The manager could (and should, in my opinion) have gone to jail, but the league secretary forgave him and even had the good grace to talk through the manager's issues about him.

As for putting myself in a dodgy position, I know the law of the land pretty well Smudge. Look again at what I said. I said IF guilty they should apologise. If they aren't guilty, then no need to apologise and whoever started the rumour needs a slap on the 'arris. I am sure, however, that Croydon FC will be aware of this story and a statement will be issued for clarification. They cannot afford to simply ignore it.

I hope that Croydon FC are indeed innocent of all charges, and that they remain innocent until proven guilty - this is a democracy after all.

I simply repeated a conversation that was had Saturday. SInce then it has transpired that communication has gone out to clubs specifically asking that the matter isnt discussed on message boards. Too late now i guess. and no I dont know what happened out there

From today's Guernsey Press, page 3, - LEAGUE INVESTIGATES AFTER GUERNSEY FC MAKES COMPLAINT

The Combined Counties League is investigating a complaint by Guernsey FC about the behaviour of the Croydon team.

It is understood players from the south London team caused problems in the island on a night out after they were thrashed 8-0 in the first game of the season on 4 August.

General secretary Alan Constable said the league had written to Croydon FC advising them of the complaint and were awaiting a response.

''It is the first official complaint of this nature we have ever received '' he said.

''We have since written to all clubs in the league to warn them about their conduct when visitng the island''.

The agreement Guernsey FC has with the league is that teams travelling to play the Green Lions can chose to stay over on either the Friday of Saturday night.

When asked about the possibility of the UK clubs having to stay over the night before a game to avoid further trouble, Mr Constable said the idea would not meet with universal approval.

''It would be a big ask for teams to travel over on a Friday due to work commitments'' he said.

However if Guernsey FC made a request it is something we would have to consider''.

Mr Constable said he was unable to comment any further on the nature of the complaint, but said it was a one-off incident.

Guernsey FC declined to comment and Croydon FC was unavailable for comment at thime of going to print.

Thanks for that John,very much appreciated.So the silence is no longer,things are out in the open,the main reason I believe that Guernsey were elected into the Combined Counties was the overnight stay in Guernsey. Maybe the goal posts are about to be moved,by Guernseys complaint about Croydon Players behaviour,hope they have strong substantiated evidence to back there allegations up,rather than the word of a few individual Club Members.Would they of been elected if every Club knew they would have to fly out Friday Night and return the next day at 7pm,my belief NO.Next maybe will be fly out 10am Saturday Morning,K.O.4pm,get return flight back at 7.30pm.This would save Thousands of Pounds,in the long term.On the other hand if a case is proved against the Club naned.They have spoilt it for others,and ruined the CCL's good name,No sympathy from me.

Edited by Smudge

Lets just hope everything gets resolved to everybody's satisfaction.

Dorking entertain Guernsey a week Saturday, and I can assure you they will be warmly welcomed, as they were when they played Bookham at Meadowbank last season.

I am wondering if something happened away from footes lane....