Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Breaking news from Runnymede Stadium

tempestward

TW you know as much as onyone the managerment turnover at Egham its farcical and you cannot deny that. You would know having supported them for so long, how many managers have come and gone in the last 20 years ......10 ? Egham unfortunately have gained a name for themselves as a hire and fire club, so really Hamsher exit is not a complete shock to me.

Tell me who's the longest serving manager in the last 20 years and for how long ?

Irrespective, if Egham get an experienced manager who has a good black book you will be fine especially with the excellent budget Egham have which is probably the best bar Guernsey and Badshot Lea.in the CCL.

This is just swings and roundabouts many clubs sh1t on managers (believe me I know) and many managers sh1t on clubs it is a footballing fact of life but when it happens to your own club it is like its never happened before,egham will recover and in a couple of weeks will have moved on with a new manager in charge,good luck to Wayme and John there is never a good time for these sort of changes lets just hope they have made the right decision.

Irrespective, if Egham get an experienced manager who has a good black book you will be fine especially with the excellent budget Egham have which is probably the best bar Guernsey and Badshot Lea.in the CCL.

Could you remind us of the budgets for the respective clubs please NG?

No surprises here, disappointed for the fans but noady isn't loyal! As for john I am surprised a bit,

but he comes from the same stable as Kevin cooper.money money and more money!

Moves need to be made quickly before players are approached or nicked, I for 1 would love to see ginger playing ctr of the park with batesy.

Good luck to egham as they made me feel welcome when I joined and as a visitor when I returned.

We will move on, as we always do as clubs, irrespective of the name of the club. It is not what they did it's the way that they did it. Ho hum. "The king is dead, long live the king." I hope it's not "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" in this regard, though similar results would be handy. I have a shocking memory for who was team manager for how long and when and in which order. They come and go, somewhat less frequently (usually) than the men who hire them, but the fans stay. Next game Badshot Lea.

The world still turns. There are so many other things to get upset about. I've seen us get promoted, relegated, lose 0-9 (first game of the season after we got relegated, at Camberley, and we finished above them with a plus GD (if a 53 year old's memory can be trusted)), 1-8, let in 7 more times than I can remember, have a director of football (and he lived in Rainham!), joint managers, two sets of a trio of managers (including the one that is now reduced to Colin Bartholomew - for the time being???) and rely on Horsham being so crap we would not get relegated ourselves (dodgy, but it worked).

TW you know as much as onyone the managerment turnover at Egham its farcical and you cannot deny that. You would know having supported them for so long, how many managers have come and gone in the last 20 years ......10 ? Egham unfortunately have gained a name for themselves as a hire and fire club, so really Hamsher exit is not a complete shock to me.

Tell me who's the longest serving manager in the last 20 years and for how long ?

You seem like a well informed fella NG. You seem to have the insight only people who've been involved in the game at close quarters

have. But Guernsey don't pay their players.

I for one don’t feel sorry for Egham at all, as I won’t Chipstead when the time comes, the chairman knew the nature of the beast, and now has to get on with it

To many wonna be Abramovich chairman in CCL who throw money at Managers with no real experience at managing, just because they have a list of players names that most of the time are on way down and only looking to chase the £1 note.

They say league’s don’t lie, well in that case the CCL should be called the Billy League, with chairmen that pull their money throughout the season leaving the manager scratching his private’s wondering what to do i.e if teams that played Winsor early season got them points back the table would look a bit different.

Chairman should be looking to get some structure to their club and build it, not throw money at a manager at the start of season and then pull it because they feel all of a sudden the team is not good enough to get promoted, and then start again the following season

I for one don’t feel sorry for Egham at all, as I won’t Chipstead when the time comes, the chairman knew the nature of the beast, and now has to get on with it

To many wonna be Abramovich chairman in CCL who throw money at Managers with no real experience at managing, just because they have a list of players names that most of the time are on way down and only looking to chase the £1 note.

They say league’s don’t lie, well in that case the CCL should be called the Billy League, with chairmen that pull their money throughout the season leaving the manager scratching his private’s wondering what to do i.e if teams that played Winsor early season got them points back the table would look a bit different.

Chairman should be looking to get some structure to their club and build it, not throw money at a manager at the start of season and then pull it because they feel all of a sudden the team is not good enough to get promoted, and then start again the following season

Best post on here for a while, Dobo.

The world still turns. There are so many other things to get upset about. I've seen us get promoted, relegated, lose 0-9 (first game of the season after we got relegated, at Camberley, and we finished above them with a plus GD (if a 53 year old's memory can be trusted)), 1-8, let in 7 more times than I can remember, have a director of football (and he lived in Rainham!), joint managers, two sets of a trio of managers (including the one that is now reduced to Colin Bartholomew - for the time being???) and rely on Horsham being so crap we would not get relegated ourselves (dodgy, but it worked).

Enjoyable post tempestward. Change a couple of names and numbers and that could be Camberley. Well apart from the promoted bit !!!

Best post on here for a while, Dobo.

Couldn't agree more.

Trouble is there are too many clueless people running clubs at this level who make poor decisions, putting average managers in charge who then sign players on money that is crazy both for the level they are playing at and for the ability that they have. And this endless cycle goes on and on and no-one seems to learn from their mistakes or the mistakes of others. Can't believe some of the things I see/hear these days, the (CCL) world has gone crazy!