Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hartley witney

HKP I have just returned from the Club and the pitch is fine even though it resembled a boating lake yesterday. The weather is set fair so can't see any problems. Will post if anything changes

Ok thanks. :)

Edited by HKP

ive come into prem with bedfont an id say the top 6 in div1 would easily compete with the top half of prem.bearing in mind im going on last seasons top 6. i think the difference in our first few games is we werent taking our chances an opponents were the strikers are more clinical an you get punished for a mistake , teams are more organised when they havent got the ball where as last year we could go a goal down we knew we could get it back this season thats not the case teams are more disciplined an yes imo fitter but not by much but it is a better footballing standard teams get the ball down an play .

i can honestly say barring guernsey an windsor when they had all the big players there isnt a stand out team which we should of lost to. results dont lie i know that but in games were creating more but being punished by individual errors!! will say gk's are alot better also!!

Played in both don't think there is a a huge difference. The top 2 or 3 the prem in are normally much better than the rest.

Will say its more disciplined in the prem tho.

Some of the best players i played with at ccl level were at div 1 clubs

Played in both don't think there is a a huge difference. The top 2 or 3 the prem in are normally much better than the rest.

Will say its more disciplined in the prem tho.

Some of the best players i played with at ccl level were at div 1 clubs

you struggled like Feck in the Prem i'm not that old and senile but in Div 1 you look like a world beater there is not 1 player in that league that shouldn't be there wether its ability or attitude I don't know but there is a reason.

Duncs - once again such a limited football opinion to go alongside your limited ability to type with punctuation or correct grammar. Fundamentally everything that is wrong in raising the standard of grass roots football... I am guessing limited coaching badges (maybe collect 5 coupons from the back of a cereal packet level 1). But let me guess.... "pride and passion and know a player when I see one" blah blah stinky chat etc!

Duncs, you telling me every player in div one deserves to be there, well I disagree, what about someone like Paul Johnson at Spelthorne, started the season in Ryman Prem, and ended up leaving Hampton, could easily walk into ,ost if not all step 4 sides, if not a lot at step 3.

Why is he playing there then, he has become disillusioned with aspects of football, and wants to take time out etc, and yes play somewhere local with some mates ( does not make him any less of a payer, just suits him at this moment in time) !

I remember my Dad who was one of the best left backs around in non league (and that is not his son saying that but most people that saw him play)and was playing every week for Farnborough ithe conference, spent about 6 months playing for Hartley, reason being, work was a nightmare for him at the time, so needed a club where he did not need to commit as much.

Things changed and he ended up back at Farnborough, but at the time it suited him, as he had a young family, and the long journeys on top of his job meant he just needed a change.

Some people just decide it is a right fit for them at that particular time in their lives, it is the same at every level!!

Cor Duncs you are the most negative poster I've ever seen on here. Speak utter tosh too. Totally agree with Neil, because players play in div 1 doesn't mean they have bat attitudes as you say. Has Phil Page got a bad attitude and deserve to play in div 1? Simply No but has too because of work commitments. Simmons, Meps, Ruggles are these all players that deserve to be in div 1? No! Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Brunty playing Evo Stik? And apparently struggled at Prem. ha! As Sean and others have said I personally don't think the gap is that big. Like Sean said the top 6 of div 1 would manage in the prem. A man with such experience ( Apparently) does make some ridiculous comments.

you struggled like Feck in the Prem i'm not that old and senile but in Div 1 you look like a world beater there is not 1 player in that league that shouldn't be there wether its ability or attitude I don't know but there is a reason.

Probably right duncs!

Duncs you need to stop beating around the bush and say it how it is

Why are you so angry?

You talk like you hate the game?

You maybe need to go on the website adultworks?

No Chomp at all from Duncs.

However both Brunty and Baker have played higher and his point about his Dad (he was a quality conference player at 40!) is spot on, as is the constant theme that the top Div 1 sides can compete in the Prem. I still feel Duncs thinks that if you win the Combined Prem you qualify for the Champions League and he forgets where the league and players sits in the bigger picture.

Although my memory of Duncs is that he gets the most animated when a throw in is given the wrong way infront of the dugout, more so than if his team don't keep the ball or don't keep a high tempo etc!

I think Duncs should dust down his jeans and Reebok Classics and manage on a Sunday or stay involved at this level of football but keep the water bottles topped up and nothing else. As I said before everything that is wrong with trying to improve the standard of this level of football

Edited by Two bob

What a bunch of Pirhana kents and I played with Keith at Hartley he was ok but Richard Walden at Right back well he was different gravy I think we came 2nd that year beaten by BAE Weybridge,and bobukent I am sitting here with the biggest grin on my ugly mug that you can imagine,angry me I think you got me mixed up with someone else P.S. I'm giving up with you from now on Brunty you aint got a decent bite in ya.I never thought I'd say this but bring back NG he is the champion biter.