Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hartley witney

I don't think there is that big a difference between the 2 leagues based on the matches i've seen (UK based Guernsey supporter). The Prem teams appear to be a little bit fitter and stronger, although there doesn't seem to be any more strength in depth (based on quality of substitutes). The better players are just as good, and the worst players are just as bad!

After 12 games in division 1 Guernsey were: won 10, drawn 1, lost 1, scored 48 conceeded 5

After 12 games in premier Guernsey are: won 10, drawn 1, lost 1, scored 46 conceded 11

This would suggest a similar level, although the performances and results of Bedfont and Hartley this year would suggest otherwise! (I appreciate that the Hartley team is completely different to last year)

People always talking up The prem all last season I was hearing how Gurnesey would struggle once in the prem and teams would not being getting slapped by them. 8-0 croydon to start the season the biggest difference between the prem and div1 is the egos. Lots of players in div1 could take spots held by prem players.

what is it with you lads here i am trying to help you and all I get back is disbelief,I am telling you in simple words the CCL Prem club for club is far superior than Div1 and having watched the game yesterday at Eversley I still hold that opinion.

I don't think there is that big a difference between the 2 leagues based on the matches i've seen (UK based Guernsey supporter). The Prem teams appear to be a little bit fitter and stronger, although there doesn't seem to be any more strength in depth (based on quality of substitutes). The better players are just as good, and the worst players are just as bad!

After 12 games in division 1 Guernsey were: won 10, drawn 1, lost 1, scored 48 conceeded 5

After 12 games in premier Guernsey are: won 10, drawn 1, lost 1, scored 46 conceded 11

This would suggest a similar level, although the performances and results of Bedfont and Hartley this year would suggest otherwise! (I appreciate that the Hartley team is completely different to last year)

good stats!

would indicate levels between at least the 12 sides are similar IF Guernsey FC have not improved!

I cant believe they are just at the same standard after 18 months of playing and training together.

Having coached in Prem last year, and managing in CCL1 this year, I would say that the top CCL1 teams are better than the poorer Prem teams, but that generally the standard in Prem is higher which is what I‘d expect. I haven‘t encountered a particular difference in attitude/application although obviously can only comment on those players I‘ve been involved with. It was a hell of a lot easier attracting players in the Prem though.

Having coached in Prem last year, and managing in CCL1 this year, I would say that the top CCL1 teams are better than the poorer Prem teams, but that generally the standard in Prem is higher which is what I‘d expect. I haven‘t encountered a particular difference in attitude/application although obviously can only comment on those players I‘ve been involved with. It was a hell of a lot easier attracting players in the Prem though.

Yes because its a better standard

I would say that exists at most levels. The better CCL prem sides are better than the poorer Step 4 sides and upwards I feel that travels.

The difference for me is what players are looking for in terms of personal commitment. There are a few Div 1 sides who only train once a week and that is a reason some players play Div 1 rather than CCL Prem. There are a number of players in the CCL Prem who could play higher but do not want to for reasons that we have gone through on here every year since this forum started.

Will it change. Nope.

Funnily enough we played some decent football at times yesterday, but with no one to finish the good work, so far in 20 odd games we have had 40 starters so it comes as no surpise.

not many at your club at the moment uh Kroons.........only joking mate I see the old transitional programme is still in operation well done for losing yesterday it proves your point,what do I know ?

Actually there is Duncs. 2 or 3 I reckon could play higher if they fancied it.

Funny didnt see you posting that when we won at Hanworth last week Duncs.

i thought HW had some lovely hanging baskets, a decent barbie and bar. very poor side first game of season.

what was the mr tuttle situation?

Alan Titchmarsh speaks out.

Now - If they had a Charl;ie Dimmock as well !!

:wub:

thespursfan-statistically proven factual point.

duncs-personal opinion based on historic prejudices.

krooner-commonly accepted opinion that top 6 in MOST non league divisons would compete/survive in the Div above.

personal view is that the weaker teams (bottom 4) are normally equal standard to the bottom half/midtable teams in the league below.

How is the weather and pitch looking for tomorrow's visit of the Green Lions?