Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Past Champions

Brunty.

Seen too many to choose from that lot, all had fantastic players that could win a game in a heartbeat!!

That Cove side under Beeks were brilliant from what I remember, really did the league proud too with their FA Vase run! I use to love playing against Ash in 2000-2002ish with the side they had! Mitchel up top was a menace in front of goal! Wallingford had Shane Small-King who could win a game in a blink of an eye with his skill (later went to AFC Wombles), Withdean 2000 had a well drilled squad, come to think of it all the above deserved to win the league and do what they did!!

I always though Southall were the best 'nearly club' too! They had the same group of players for many years and played some terrific football, just didn't make it count when needed and had poor discipline which really let them down. Same for Neasden Foundation, good team, but poorly run and then never finished the season where they folded.

The ones you had to feel sorry for were Viking Greenford and Cranleigh, whipping boys who you were almost garunteed to get 4/5 minimum against them!

I played a couple a few times for Cranleigh and can confirm they were the worst team i ever played for.I had 2 full backs that couldnt kick a ball. Good to see they dropped right down and starting to rebuild and doing well as some nice people there

Seen too many to choose from that lot, all had fantastic players that could win a game in a heartbeat!!

That Cove side under Beeks were brilliant from what I remember, really did the league proud too with their FA Vase run! I use to love playing against Ash in 2000-2002ish with the side they had! Mitchel up top was a menace in front of goal! Wallingford had Shane Small-King who could win a game in a blink of an eye with his skill (later went to AFC Wombles), Withdean 2000 had a well drilled squad, come to think of it all the above deserved to win the league and do what they did!!

I always though Southall were the best 'nearly club' too! They had the same group of players for many years and played some terrific football, just didn't make it count when needed and had poor discipline which really let them down. Same for Neasden Foundation, good team, but poorly run and then never finished the season where they folded.

The ones you had to feel sorry for were Viking Greenford and Cranleigh, whipping boys who you were almost garunteed to get 4/5 minimum against them!

And Stuart Beavon, who is now banging them in at Preston NE!!

Very very good side felt that most teams were beat before they crossed the white line though, remember most of the side 2 twins full backs, vernon and boulter, the two wingers always scored goals left winger was unreal and the 2 Strikers bagged loads of goals only players that I can remember we're the 2 centre mids

Centre mids were Simmo an reidy. Both quality players. Simmo one of the best I have played with. So calm and creative on the ball. Could pick a pass from any where.

I played a couple a few times for Cranleigh and can confirm they were the worst team i ever played for.I had 2 full backs that couldnt kick a ball. Good to see they dropped right down and starting to rebuild and doing well as some nice people there

Went to watch Cranleigh 1-5 Raynes Park Vale. CFC took the lead on 6 minutes.

That evening I watched Germany 1-5 England. Germany took the lead on 6 minutes.

:ph34r:

Joined bedfont in this lge 8 years ago, I think Guildford city showed great character winning back to back premiere titles after being denied promotion.

Being part of the bedfont green team that battled greenford and chertsey.we ended up running away with it.

Chipstead won the league after a long battle with merstham and Wembley, I think the turning point that year was when Chipstead pulled a 2-2 draw out of the bag when we were 2-0 up and that knocked us for 6.

The best nearly men have got to be chertsey, all that money spent never the league winners.

We scored over 200 goals that season at cove :) Mancey got about 70 lol

And we got mugged off in the vase against Chippenham, 2-0 and then a 3rd wrongly dissallowed before losing 3-2!!

Joined bedfont in this lge 8 years ago, I think Guildford city showed great character winning back to back premiere titles after being denied promotion.

Being part of the bedfont green team that battled greenford and chertsey.we ended up running away with it.

Chipstead won the league after a long battle with merstham and Wembley, I think the turning point that year was when Chipstead pulled a 2-2 draw out of the bag when we were 2-0 up and that knocked us for 6.

The best nearly men have got to be chertsey, all that money spent never the league winners.

The money was I'm sure spent to get them promoted which eventually was done, and I'm right in saying that it wasnt 'Chertsey Town Fc' that spent all that money, it was the owner/manager that did.

The money was I'm sure spent to get them promoted which eventually was done, and I'm right in saying that it wasnt 'Chertsey Town Fc' that spent all that money, it was the owner/manager that did.

Agreed jonno, really like chertsey! The fans were always good to me weather playing for or against them.

I have for chipstead and Farleigh with a few spells at both in the late 90's and early 2000's then and have played through into this decade

Kind of as well then, I played for Farleigh from 1997 and played my last 1st team game in April 2010 (And scored the winner at Westfield) but until 2003 the CCL1 didn't exist in its current format, it was the Surrey County Senior League. I think CCL1 was the reserve league back then?

Was done by default JJ ....... not thru being Champions !

Guildford City for me. Agree with Pearcey, a club who were CCL champions for 2 seasons in succession, losing only 8 (Eight) games in those 2 seasons is impressive and an excellent achievement by any standards, Teams lose more games in 1 season let alone 2 ;) !!! .....and may I say Guildford are still top in EvoStick /Southern League having only lost 3 games so far.... my hat goes off to them......

Yeah i probably do as played at both Eton Wick and Virginia Waters in the 90's (as a youthful GK it has to be said) and think they were both in what was the CCL back then at the time (they both then left the CCL in seperate seasons due to ground grading issues). I probably only had a handful of games, but it would still count.

I certainly then played in the RSR Tyres Surrey County Senior League, which was the predecessor to the CCL1 in the late 90's / early 00's

Edited by Jurg78

Yeah i probably do as played at both Eton Wick and Virginia Waters in the 90's (as a youthful GK it has to be said) and think they were both in what was the CCL back then at the time (they both then left the CCL in seperate seasons due to ground grading issues). I probably only had a handful of games, but it would still count.

I certainly then played in the RSR Tyres Surrey County Senior League, which was the predecessor to the CCL1 in the late 90's / early 00's

Who did u play or Jurgs, I think that was the league bisley played in when I was there as a youngster

Who did u play or Jurgs, I think that was the league bisley played in when I was there as a youngster

Do you mean in the SCSL? If so, I was at VWFC from 95/96 (youth team), through to the end of the 01/02 season.

Was done by default JJ ....... not thru being Champions !

Technically 2nd place can be offered promotion if there are enough spaces in the leagues above. It is also possible that the Champion club of the CCL prem can be denied promotion if too many clubs can move up. 18 feeder leagues, 14 places! It would be decided on a points per game ratio.

The fact is that Guildford failed a ground grading inspection and thus were denied promotion. It still baffles me how their ground is good enough for that level. No physio table or physio room for the away team, a porta cabin for a club house, dug outs that blow away in the wind, and possibly countless other reasons too.

Dont worry cos we are doing our best at Chertsey to return to the CCL ;)