Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Past Champions

Brunty.

Yeah i probably do as played at both Eton Wick and Virginia Waters in the 90's (as a youthful GK it has to be said) and think they were both in what was the CCL back then at the time (they both then left the CCL in seperate seasons due to ground grading issues). I probably only had a handful of games, but it would still count.

I certainly then played in the RSR Tyres Surrey County Senior League, which was the predecessor to the CCL1 in the late 90's / early 00's

I think Eton Wick were always in The Chiltonian League before it was absorbed by The Hellenic.

I played for Sandhurst in 1998 and 1999 then Frimley Green, Reading Town, Camberley Town, and Frimley Green between 2004 & 2009 then Sandhurst again between 2009 and 2010. Didn't play a league game for Hartley last year.

O'Sullivan & Robinson

Yep, the O'Sullivans were brothers I believe, the best was the skipper who was a brute of a centre half!! Think the Robinson was Andre Robinson the attacking midfield/Striker, technically brilliant! They are bloody physical and battered teams at times, loved a goal celebration too!

Jurgs surely has a CCL record going back to the 90s (at least)

I remember Jurgs when I was at Cobham, he came in with Mepham, must've been 2001/2002ish after we won the league cup against Bedfont 3-2. Remember him turning up in his Virginia Waters jumper all the time at training ;)

I have for chipstead and Farleigh with a few spells at both in the late 90's and early 2000's then and have played through into this decade

Saw you last week playing against our 3rd team, what's happened mate bit of a jump Guildford City to Redhill & District League. :ph34r:

Saw you last week playing against our 3rd team, what's happened mate bit of a jump Guildford City to Redhill & District League. :ph34r:

Player/manager mate done my ankle ligaments in pre season 3rd time in 4 years!! Tried to come back but training/playing 3 times a week was no good for my ankle, so I decided to play local league football and saw that wars didn't have. A 3rd team manager so I said I'd run it!!! Did you see my goal Molly??

Since we joined the league it's Merstham in 2008 for me. They only let in 21 goals all season. I still think they're the best side I've seen in the CCL - better than Guernsey.

As part of that merstham team I will have to be biased and say that team must be up there. Some quality players who have since played at Ryman prem plus the management team of Sullivan, strats and Rhys Williams best I've played under!

Can't think of a team I have seen over last 4 5 years that would beat that team.

Very very good side felt that most teams were beat before they crossed the white line though, remember most of the side 2 twins full backs, vernon and boulter, the two wingers always scored goals left winger was unreal and the 2 Strikers bagged loads of goals only players that I can remember we're the 2 centre mids

And I know I'm biased but as someone who watched nearly every Merstham game that season, I have to say I've not seen a better team in the CCL. Only game lost was on the opening day away against Cove when I think Cooper and Johno were playing there.

I've only been involved with the CCL since 2004/05 and the best side i've seen was Merstham and two of my players from Wars were in that team, Nick Greenhouse and Matt Francis.

Thanks for the comments on mine and Kens side NM, we were a quality side and Kendo and I were a perfect match. Always difficult down the years but i haven't seen much in either division with the exception of Merstham that would have worried us. It was a travesty for the club we couldn't get promotion. Out of the whole squad theresonly one player playing in the CCL or above (Christos Nicoli, now back at Wars) and most of them don't play at all, I think that season and the following one killed a love for the game in several of them, massive dissapointment.

Does anyone remember my reserve side the previous season? They were quality too, won the reserve division one title and cup and smashed Ash 6-1 in the premier final, only thing we didn't win was the Surrey Intermediate Cup, losing in the Semi Final. The nucleus of that team stepped up with me to be part of the championship team, very young too with a little experience with Darren Benham, Broomy and Pitsy. A lot of the side are only late 20's now.

Didn't they turn over a full strength Woking side too that season?

I believe they did, in the Surrey Senior Cup right?

Has anyone played CCL football in 3 different decades?

Yes Dan I have and if you count when it was the old Surrey Senior league then it will have been 4 decades,when I first played we had teams like Lion sports and Clarions, Cranliegh Virginia Water Malden Town and Malden Vale Eton Wick played for a couple of seasons as did Thames Ditton I'm sure theres a few more but I can't remember,I mainly played for Ash and Frimley Green in those days but also flitted backwards and forwards to Camberley but they were in the Ithsmian premier then and that was like proffesional football and you had to committ more which I didn't have the time for.

The best team as far as I am concerned was the year we (Ash) won the league after we lost our first 3 league games,can't remember the year but Chris Penny was the manager,after that we won every game and were unstoppable in the league,I finished top goalscorer every year and it would be interesting (if anyone has any records) to see just how good the league was in those days,we always took a coach load of supporters to away matches and at least 2 or 3 coaches and cars to F. A. vase matches,we were the biggest team in the league then and every game was like a cup final.

When we were in the Isthmian League we used to love playing CCL sides in cups in the 1980s as we usually beat them. I remember us playing BAE Weybridge a couple of times when they were winning the league regularly and not being impressed by them. One big exception was Ash. It was always a feisty game when we played them and they gave us some right good scraps. Comparing those days with today the league has come on really well - not just on the pitch but off it as well.

I don't know what records you're after Duncs but you can see all the league tables going back to 1978-79 here - http://www.nonleague...hB/ComCou78.htm

Reg's unofficial site and the league's Mitoo pages only have the results going back to 2000-01. Someone, somewhere will have previous years though.

Edited by VPCTFC

When we were in the Isthmian League we used to love playing CCL sides in cups in the 1980s as we usually beat them. I remember us playing BAE Weybridge a couple of times when they were winning the league regularly and not being impressed by them. One big exception was Ash. It was always a feisty game when we played them and they gave us some right good scraps. Comparing those days with today the league has come on really well - not just on the pitch but off it as well.

I don't know what records you're after Duncs but you can see all the league tables going back to 1978-79 here - http://www.nonleague...hB/ComCou78.htm

Reg's unofficial site and the league's Mitoo pages only have the results going back to 2000-01. Someone, somewhere will have previous years though.

Thanks for that link. Useful.