Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Monday 6th May

Can't clubs use their u18s to fill the gaps for reserve teams? That's what we've done today for our match at Warlingham

Is that because your reserves played CB Hounslow first team yesterday ;-)

Powelly don't be a tool, Knaphill is Westfields and Sheerwater reserves combined, and that was the joke that clearly passed you.

And my other mistake was?

Ah ok Ellers. decent gag that mate. You're right it did pass me by - must be all this sunshine. Apologies for being so inept. Tool might be a bit strong though - maybe you've had too much as well.

There were two others really. One was a few weeks ago when you said you'd beaten Ripley 4-1 yet you'd drawn 4-4 with them a few days previous.

The other is obvious - taking the Knaphill job. Poisoned chalice.

The other is obvious

Guernsey 1-0 Farnham Town!

Well done to Guernsey, treated really well by all involved at the club, great day only spoilt by not getting a result.

Shame the Bibs that Guernsey provide disappeared over the weekend! (Shirts and skins!!!)

No offence meant mate.

I've never said we beat them at all, they beat us 4-1. And we drew 3-3 with them.

To be honest I do not regret taking the Knaphill job, I loved it there, and got on with everyone, hence my surprise at being sacked so quickly.

Still they look like they have brought in some one who can attract decent players and help the club progress (I am being sarcastic now), yesterday they got beat by a team with 3 points all season and today they can't get there reserves team out to play a game.

Another sacking on the cards or should the chairman take a good look at himself.

Personally I think all the talk preseason about winning the league,may have cost you the job.

Looking at the fixtures though,you were slightly unlucky to play most of the sides that finished at the top,at the start of the season.

Southpark 4 Horley Town 1

Manager Ali Rennie last game in charge and Anthony Jupp last game for Town saw Horley lose again to Southpark. Town were down to ten men for most of the second half after Adam Pullen was sent off for a hand ball, this was a very poor disission by the very poor referee. Town scored a geat goal from a free kick from Dave Brown giving ex Horley keeper James Wastell no chance.

See the goal on U Tube  http://www.youtube.com/user/HORLEYFC

Also photo's at http://www.horleytownfc.btck.co.uk/

Edited by Carthorse

Ellers I watched,and was vocal,on a lot of your games at the start of the season and in hindsight I have nothing but sympathy for you.You clearly had good players there(Egham are testament to that)but for whatever reason they simply did not want to play for you.

Anyway,it appears rather unfortunately that Knaphill are going for another horrific season next year. It seemed all was not well when joint manager Kevin Bailey stepped down but yesterday I hear that Ruggles will be continuing with Matt Baker as number 2.This is a laughable and embarrassing attempt to re-sign Baker and one that is set for failure.The pair will not see Christmas through and Knaphill will then likely lose Baker the player too.The chairman seems a nice enough bloke but he and/or the board are trying to ruin a club that for a few seasons were genuine contenders.I can only imagine Ruggles has some hold over the club as it appears weekly I hear of him whoring himself out to other sides,not exactly the loyalty you would hope for from a manager. 

Congratulations to Egham, Guernsey, Mole Valley SCR & AFC Croydon Athletic for their various successes this weekend.

Went to the cup final today & Croydon Ath blew Lammas away with 5 second half goals on an amazing pitch at Windsor. Should have some highlights for you shortly.

Cannot believe Dorking have finished bottom, so another season in Division 1 which is a travesty for the club. I believe Dorking Wanderers finished in the bottom 3 also, but i suppose may survive if 2 go up from Sussex Div 1. If so they will be the senior club in Dorking next season. A sobering thought for all at Meadowbank.

Pleased to see MVSCR get promotion, firstly as they are nice folk and secondly I'd rather have clubs that can go up finish top three.

Also delighted for Guernsey and their 4 wins in 4 days. A few people have been digging them out from day one and even up to a few weeks ago were saying they wouldn't go up. But from the minute I first saw them two years ago I knew they were a step 4 side not just for quality but they have a passion that no other club can match due to their uniqueness. Pleased to see I was right and I look forward to seeing them in the Ryman next season.

Cannot believe Dorking have finished bottom, so another season in Division 1 which is a travesty for the club. I believe Dorking Wanderers finished in the bottom 3 also, but i suppose may survive if 2 go up from Sussex Div 1. If so they will be the senior club in Dorking next season. A sobering thought for all at Meadowbank.

TRS, I believe you get what you deserve in this league!