Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

30th/31st August

Should have said hi Chubby! Enjoy the new bar?

Here's the shots from today's game at Knaphill. Well played to Staines, we just didn't turn up. I know we can play much better than that and the lads do too. Onwards to Badshot Lea in the cup!

Nice to meet Redders too who provided the comedy moment of the game. I'll let him explain though there ARE photos ;)

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/knaphillfootballclub/photos/knaphill-fc-v-staines-lammas-31-08-2013-409159.html

Ash utd 2 Epsom & Ewell 3.

Another defeat against one of the leagues fancied sides.

Got the perfect start scoring after a min but within a min epsom were level. Soon after epsom had taken the lead & were creating many chance. However on the break ash leveled to go in at halftime all square.

Second half saw epsom put us under alot off pressure & midway into the half they scored what was to be the winning goal. Ash almost snatched a point but the keeper made an excellent stop.

Ash utd 2 Epsom & Ewell 3.

Another defeat against one of the leagues fancied sides.

Got the perfect start scoring after a min but within a min epsom were level. Soon after epsom had taken the lead & were creating many chance. However on the break ash leveled to go in at halftime all square.

Second half saw epsom put us under alot off pressure & midway into the half they scored what was to be the winning goal. Ash almost snatched a point but the keeper made an excellent stop.

Banstead Ath 1-4 Bedfont & Feltham

We started very slow out the blocks today and an error by CTR half Ataro gifted Banstead the opening goal. We continued our lack lustre display and was it not for our keeper Berta being on fine firm we could have found ourselves going further behind. We really needed half time to come.

HT 1-0

2nd half, 2 subs and a change of formation and we finally turned up!! Banstead didn't know what hit them. Totally caught everyone there watching by surprise, not us thou as we know we could always do better. Some fine play, hard tackling, better commitment and a better attitude gave Banstead a hard learned lesson. Rash,Seb,Zaied & Ayoub with our goals and it could have been 7 or 8 had we taken all of our 2nd half chances.

FT 1-4

No excuses for our 1st half display but if we start as we mean to go on then this should make for an interesting season.

Great result for the Lammas away at Knaphill. Top of the table just got a little more interesting.

@BedfontFeltham

BJR whats happening to Dorking ?  At this rate they will be doing a Wolves !

Yesterdays result doesn't reflect the game at all.  Dorking played far better than they have been and had some great chances.

To be fair, Epsom Athletic started slowly but after they got going they showed their true ability. Tall strong defenders who worked hard and a couple of very promising forwards.

I'm sure Glynn and Steve will get things together very soon, (hopefully !!)

Rother you're normally quite vocal when Windsor win, but not so when they lose, so what was your reasoning behind Windsors defeat yesterday ?

I will give you my opinion for what it's worth. They were stronger than us and didn't let us play the way we can. No complaints either from me as to the scoreline. Officials had a very solid game so absolutely no blame or criticism of them as they got the vast majority of decisions absolutely right. I would call it a bad day at the office. Oh well, next week it is away to Frimley Green in the Vase. A win and a good performance would be nice.

Rother you're normally quite vocal when Windsor win, but not so when they lose, so what was your reasoning behind Windsors defeat yesterday ?

Injuries to an entire midfield have had an effect for sure, but personally I think starting with 3 players of 5ft nothing against a big and physical (not dirty) team was poor selection.

Also playing a guy who is a good finisher but not strong enough to play lone striker in exactly that role is also poor selection. We as a team, and certainly Gould as an individual, are simply not suited to a long ball game, which, partocularly with Dennison's huge kicks from goal, we seem to be becoming.

When the 3 small lads were substituted and Gould had more support up front we suddenly became far more competitive.

Ben Harris played another 30 mins yesterday and is obviously getting fitter every time he has a run out. When he, Garstang, Minhas, Dexter and Dean are back fit and well things will look more rosy, but right now we are not playing like real title challengers to my eyes. Top 4 for sure, but there will be bigger, stronger teams who can grind it out better than the team we are playing right now can.

I do of course appreciate that most teams will have an injury crisis at some stage and it generally levels out over the course of the season. However, if we able to field something near our strongest team for the majority of the season and our injury "crisis" doesn't get any worse than it is right now, then I do still see us as potential Champions.