Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23rd November Matches

Italia90

Well you can't get worse..............only joking Ash committee before you take it seriously its mine and Gareths little bit of banter.

Oh it can duncs just ask the teams that have played on it but only one postponement so far so not doing too bad a

job

to be fair you do a great job with the pitch mate its the lines that feck you up lol[/quote

Duncs can't say that as I got a Big thumps up from all officials last tues telling me how straight they were

But then again they could have been pist when they told me lol

A truly ridculous statement you don't see ANY weaknesses in a team that has picked up one point from six and scored once, against two of the sides Molesey are challenging for the title!!

As deluded as the little man in the Molesey dug out!

Well done epsom and ewell yesterday a very good win.

Molesey played better but again couldn't finish. Hit the bar twice and couldn't hit the target.

Epsom looked lively up top as usual, there first goal keeper beat at his near post and second was a mistake from the defender giving a weak backpass.

I have enjoyed watching molesey the last 2 games, I don't see any weakness in there side and can see some high scores coming.

Agree the footage is very good and gives those not at the match a very good overview - did you think it was a fair result? In your opinion are SP genuine title contenders and do you think Colliers will get sucked into another relegation fight?

Thanks Stan. I thought it was a fairly even game to be honest. If Wood had taken one or two of their missed chances it could've been a different outcome. Only the 2nd time i've seen SP this season and i'm lead to believe they weren't at their best yesterday. I do think they have what it takes to win the title. They always strike me as a team rather than just a collection of decent players. The addition of Joe Jackson is a great signing for them and gives them yet another option up front. With the likes of top scorer Chris Smith and Lavery to choose from as well, you can be confident that they will score enough to win a lot of games even when the defence is a bit shaky. Long way to go though and possibly a prolonged Vase run could affect their league campaign. As for CWU, they looked really dangerous going forward at times and didn't really strike me as a relegation contender but again only the 2nd time i've seen them this season.

I agree TRS, I know I was giving them some grief earlier but I also think they are genuine title contenders and Epsom's biggest threat to getting promotion, they look better than last season and as you say have some really good striking options.

In my opinion, I think the biggest difference between the two is Epsom are better defensively and I think that will be the difference come the end of the season.

As you say a decent run in the Vase which they are more than capable of having could prove an unwelcome distraction.

Long way to go should be exciting ...

Must say one of the funniest things happened at football yesterday all my years of watching non league football never seen a referee assesor lose it with the crowd. Even calling himself an adjudicator!!!!! 

I agree TRS, I know I was giving them some grief earlier but I also think they are genuine title contenders and Epsom's biggest threat to getting promotion, they look better than last season and as you say have some really good striking options.

In my opinion, I think the biggest difference between the two is Epsom are better defensively and I think that will be the difference come the end of the season.

As you say a decent run in the Vase which they are more than capable of having could prove an unwelcome distraction.

Long way to go should be exciting ...

You're right, Stan, we so need to get some solidarity back defensively and try and get back to how we were playing at the start of the season. On an attacking front the boys are doing the business for us, think we're one game away, from a defensive perspective, from getting back on track.

Take nothing away from CWU though, always difficult to play against and lively up top. They will certainly frustrate teams and take points off the sides near the top.

FWIW. I thought Molesey and Epsom were, as always, very well matched, and as is often the case in matches between the teams who know each other very well, the games often get compressed with little real goalmouth action.

Molesey did hit the bar twice, but one of these was from distance and both clipped the top of the bar so were never going in. For our part, we scored twice and had two other cases when our players were clean through one on one but didn't score, partly due to good keeping and partly due to a bobbly pitch. So Epsom were as deserving of a point as Molesey were, but this time we just happened to nick a late winner, which let's face it, we were due, after a 92nd minute Raynes Park equaliser and two Hanworth Villa injury time goals that cost us four points in total.

I said at the start of the season that the two teams to watch were South Park and Windsor because they are both very organised off the field and have a plan. I felt that if they slipped up we could be the next best alternative and I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise. Camberley are on a good run, but Epsom had a great run last season and it got them precisely nothing at the end. 

One final note on South Park. Firstly, I don't agree with Stan on this. What South Park did last year is irrelevant and that includes our previous meetings, although I will concede that we appear to match up well against them. So they have conceded a few goals, but it didn't bother Guernsey last year who often conceded two or three but just outscored the opponents.

Ultimately it will come down to consistency. If Epsom can become a little more consistent by putting games to bed when they have the chances then they have every opportunity. We have played all of the top 12 except South Park but have only played one of the bottom four so far. We have a more reliable pitch and no FA Vase distraction. However, as I referred to earlier, South Park (and Windsor) have more organisation and in the event that they suffered an injury and needed a decent new replacement, they could, if they wanted to, go and get one. Our budgetary position says that we can't really do that, although Lyndon is doing a great job with the resources we have currently.

For South Park, and maybe Camberley, the issue could be disciplinary, but I for one hope South Park have a long and fruitful Vase run and the winter is a bit rough again. Those circumstances would help us (and Windsor I suppose) close the gap. Before then we have to deal with Mole Valley next Saturday, a match which assumes "must win" status if we are to put any pressure on the teams around us, otherwise any title talk is purely hypothetical.

I was driving to Molesey for the second time in a week and looking forward to seeing another top of the table clash with 2 good teams battling it out for this ''6 pointer''.

Unfortunately my excitment was soon dismissed as I was disappointed with both teams.  The game surprisingly lacked passion, tempo and tenacity for a game that meant so much to both teams.  Molesey continued on from their Windsor game by missing chances again !  Epsom had a couple of penalty shouts turned down. Epsom had the first strike neatly saved by the Molesey keeper who played injured, which was evidenced by not taking goal kicks and drops kicked from his unfavoured left foot.

As the game progressed Molesey started to take the initiative but Epsom always looked dangerous on the counter attack.  Then 2 good chances fell to Molesey but again didnt take them, then a misunderstanding (lack of communication) between 2 Molesey players led to Epsoms goal, duly finished by Epsom striker at keepers front post.  

Then the incident of Moleseys goal that wasn't ??  Was it, or wasn't it ??

To me, both teams appeared to have respect for each other and both went out not to lose, in my opinion, especially Epsom in my in the second half after Molesey equalised soon after half time, as from then on Molesey were more dominant, had more possession, created more situations but lacked that killer punch whilst Epsom mainly relied on the counter.

After about 40 mins of huffing & puffing, during which time Molesey hit the bar for the second time and must have thought Deja Vu all over again ! the game had a draw written all over it until a mistake at the death by Molesey full back whos back header to his keeper was not strong enough allowing for Epsom foward to rundown and challenge for the ball with Moleseys injured keeper, who perhaps because of this was slow to react and coming off his line, the ball then bounced nicely for Epsom player to slot into empty net, much to the joyous celebration of the Epsom players who I thought would have settled for a point under the circumstances.

Yet still with a few minutes remaining, Molesey again created 2 more good chances, but woeful shooting put pay to any equaliser.   I honestly feel that for a team that creates so many chances Molesey will hammer someone when all their chances go in........ one day ! ;) 

Make no doubt, these 2 teams will have a say and will be amongst the mix, but on THIS performance, whilst both teams look very solid defensively and hard to beat, Im not too sure they will be worthy Champions ?.....but there is a long way to go as everyone says, so we will see with more twists, turns and surprise results before the season finishes.

Perhaps Im a Jonah for Molesey, so they won't want to know that I'll be going to watch them again at Camberley on Saturday for their third ''6 pointer'' in a row, where it will be interesting to see a contrast in their styles of play and how each team counteract them.

Would agree with much of that, although I thought there was plenty of competitiveness. Both sides have had the same Manager for some time and both are very well aware of what the other can do. That may have made them both a little more cautious as a result. I stand behind the goal we are attacking but I saw no valid penalty shout for us, although others from further away might have thought different.

The was it / wasn't it goal definitely wasn't, by the way. The shot clipped the outside of the netting, so from the stand side it might have looked like it went in and then out through a hole in the net, but it didn't. Also, I think you could tell from the muted reaction by the Molesey players. If it had gone in, there would have been massive complaints.

Both sides have goals in them but need to find the net more to keep pressuring South Park.

Must say one of the funniest things happened at football yesterday all my years of watching non league football never seen a referee assesor lose it with the crowd. Even calling himself an adjudicator!!!!! 

Priceless, and certainly unusual !

Why does the budgetary position at Epsom prevent us from getting any replacements, are you saying that Windsor and SP have bigger budgets and when you say they are more organised are you referring to on the field or off it?

Just asking for clarification ...

I can't speak for windsor, but I can assure you, epsoms budget is far far far bigger than the £0 at sp.

And just for clarification, Windsor have zero player budget.

If ever there was any doubt about that a recent exchange with one of the ever present players confirmed that to be the case - after booting a ball in pre-match warm up into a neighbouring back garden the suggestion was made to him that he maybe ought to go and retrieve said ball... His reply "Nah, I got the last one back but the club make so much money through not paying us any wages that I think they can afford a new ball!"

Edited by Rother