Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23rd November Matches

Italia90

Wasn't going to miss a game now, was I? 23 years ago now so not really relevant.

This isn't a rant, this is just a response to Stan's question about organisation and I was providing examples. Remember, these are the people who are currently entrusted with sorting us out a new ground, and unless I mention it then people think they are doing a good job because most people just look at the League table. Rather worrying, wouldn't you think?

Absolutely JR. It may well be that Colliers Wood have a function that evening themselves, but I would presume that we didn't ask. We hold our AGM's in a club in Epsom and that would have been ideal for us, not to mention extra revenue for them too. We're not going there either.

E&E how long is your groundshare at Chipstead for,the reason I ask  is Chipstead are in a lowly position in Ryman 1 South at the moment.E & E are challenging for promotion from the C.C.L.,could they in anyway block your promotion.Likewise Staines Lammas could be promoted from Div 1 of the Coco,where as Ashford Town (middx) could be relegated to the Coco,could they in anyway block their promotion.By cancelling either Groundshare.

Smudge. Who are you to say "we are not a team"? Ask Frimley Green and South Park if we are a team or not! Or Raynes Park Vale.

You been at it early??? :angry: KNOB! (Bite)!

Edited by Chris Clapham

Yet still with a few minutes remaining, Molesey again created 2 more good chances, but woeful shooting put pay to any equaliser.   I honestly feel that for a team that creates so many chances Molesey will hammer someone when all their chances go in........ one day ! ;) 

I see that Molesey put there shooting boots on last night and put 5 away against Ash..... I did say  ;) !!!

Hopefully Molesey and Camberley will put on a good show Saturday with plenty of goals....... thats now the put the kiss of death on that :o .

E&E how long is your groundshare at Chipstead for,the reason I ask  is Chipstead are in a lowly position in Ryman 1 South at the moment.E & E are challenging for promotion from the C.C.L.,could they in anyway block your promotion.Likewise Staines Lammas could be promoted from Div 1 of the Coco,where as Ashford Town (middx) could be relegated to the Coco,could they in anyway block their promotion.By cancelling either Groundshare.

Are teams not allowed to groundshare if they are in the same division?

I always thought they were with Wimbledon & Crystal Palace sharing for the short period they were both in the Premier League & I believe Bracknell & Wokingham & Embrook shared Larges Lane when the latter got promoted?

Are teams not allowed to groundshare if they are in the same division?

I always thought they were with Wimbledon & Crystal Palace sharing for the short period they were both in the Premier League & I believe Bracknell & Wokingham & Embrook shared Larges Lane when the latter got promoted?

Not a problem. Badshot Lea currently groundshare with Ash Utd in this League

Edited by Green_Fingers

Yes, teams can ground share in the same division even in the Ryman League.

As for Chipstead, their programme advised that Epsom have agreed another season there for 2014/15 and they would love to see is in the same division as them, which was nice. By that, I presume they meant the Ryman League :)

What hasn't been discussed is what happens should we go up and they go down, thus making us the senior team with regard to fixture priority. However, Chipstead have brought some new players in whilst not fantastic last night, I expect them to have enough to get clear of danger. Obviously there is a long way to go in the season for both teams.

Yet still with a few minutes remaining, Molesey again created 2 more good chances, but woeful shooting put pay to any equaliser.   I honestly feel that for a team that creates so many chances Molesey will hammer someone when all their chances go in........ one day ! ;) 

I see that Molesey put there shooting boots on last night and put 5 away against Ash..... I did say  ;) !!!

Hopefully Molesey and Camberley will put on a good show Saturday with plenty of goals....... thats now the put the kiss of death on that :o .

Nice prediction Bad Guy, except for the fact that Molesey won 6-0 at Badshot Lea only a couple of weeks ago, so it wasn't rocket science.

Molesey clearly like playing at Youngs Drive these days!

Yes, teams can ground share in the same division even in the Ryman League.

As for Chipstead, their programme advised that Epsom have agreed another season there for 2014/15 and they would love to see is in the same division as them, which was nice. By that, I presume they meant the Ryman League :)

What hasn't been discussed is what happens should we go up and they go down, thus making us the senior team with regard to fixture priority. However, Chipstead have brought some new players in whilst not fantastic last night, I expect them to have enough to get clear of danger. Obviously there is a long way to go in the season for both teams.

Whilst on the subject E&E, as a matter of interest, how long have Epsom been groundsharing now ? 

It amazes me to know where the money comes from for the cost to groundshare, with average cost being between £10k to £15k per season,  its not that E&E get decent crowds is it ?  They don't get any bar takings I would have thought ? So Is there a ''silent'' sugar daddy in the camp ?  ;)

Surely E&E cannot continue to groundshare?, Already E&E booked up Chipstead for next season.  Theres no ''real home'' for the management and players so what are the club doing to get their own ground/club....or are they doing anything about it ?

Just interested because I am sure all associated with E&E must be frustrated with the situation.  I suppose at least E&E do not have the worries of looking after their own club and the work that needs to be done along with it !  :)

That last point is a small benefit, but one that would be happily jettisoned in an instant should we get a new site.

I am no longer on the Committee as I was fed up with the lack of action, not just in that area, but a real lack of organisation and direction at the club. Not that I could have got us a new ground, you understand, but the club profile needed (and still does) to be raised (hence the new and intensively detailed web site I have created - the football club will not publicise it though!) and we have no real ambition to do it with the people currently in place. Once the attitude changes amongst those in charge, I will again stand, but going to the meetings only to find almost everyone against pretty much everything was a waste of my time. It took me over 18 months to get the penny to drop in folding the Reserves and Youth Team which were costing us just over £12k a season, as we had to pay much of that in rental to Raynes Park Vale. We were actually giving money to a League rival for two years and no one else seemed to think that was an issue!

As for finances, you will understand that I cannot go into detail, although I will confirm that there is no "sugar daddy" and the club is still living off the proceeds of the sale of West Street which we left in May 1993. We bought a piece of land around that time which was going to be the new ground, but planning permission was refused, and we then sold it in 2003, fortunately at an inflated price. That sale keeps us alive today. I can also confirm that whilst I don't know how much the following season's rental at Chipstead will cost, it was very reasonable in the last two seasons and was indeed less than half what we were paying at Banstead when money slipped through our fingers because of a lack of business acumen that has not yet been resolved. Indeed, had it not been for Merstham approaching us in 2010 we might still have been there now. Chipstead, like Merstham have also proven to be excellent landlords and the pitch at High Road is incredible!!

At our current rate, we have around nine to ten seasons left. With no playing budget, that could be extended to just short of twenty five, but everyone is getting older at the club and after 20 years you'd be right to say it is frustrating and needs sorting out quickly. As a result, a decision will have to be taken within the next season or two regarding the abolition of the playing budget. It won't be an easy decision as our Committee is full of keen supporters, but mostly ones who are unable or unwilling to take those hats off and put their business hats on.