Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

38 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Rejecting the proposed mini league not only means common sense has prevailed but more importantly the integrity of the National League System has been upheld. 

Integrity - you are having a joke?

They have no integrity left as the loan/grant fiasco has proved.

They then went through the farce of the vote.

And charging clubs who put their player's safety first.

The national league would not even have integrity as clowns in a circus - their level on incompetence is mind blowing.

It took the FA to instruct them to void of the season.

15 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Integrity - you are having a joke?

They have no integrity left as the loan/grant fiasco has proved.

They then went through the farce of the vote.

And charging clubs who put their player's safety first.

The national league would not even have integrity as clowns in a circus - their level on incompetence is mind blowing.

It took the FA to instruct them to void of the season.

But apart from that  ?

4 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Rejecting the proposed mini league not only means common sense has prevailed but more importantly the integrity of the National League System has been upheld. 

The integrity of the National League system has already been irreparably undermined, as upon the announcement in February that NL North & South had voted to null and void (therefore meaning no relegation from the NL Premier), several NL Premier clubs furloughed some of their first team and staff (Weymouth, King's Lynn, Wealdstone etc.). Two separate halves of the season have therefore essentially been played under different rules, as clubs at the bottom had something to play for until the announcement, and then all of a sudden they didn't. It would have been better to null and void the whole National League (along with the Football League and Premier League, as the same applies to them regarding promotion/relegation).

It was very short-sighted to attempt to play the season without guaranteed grants to see clubs through the entire season, or until the virus was under control.

18 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

You can tell MW has written that! Couldn’t be arsed to read the waffle. But ffs just let it go Dorking, accept it and prepare for next season when you’ll have probably the biggest budget again. It’s beyond embarrassing now just let it go please!!!

It seems MW has finally given up the fight to get the league re-started but is now looking to go to arbitration seeking some sort of apology from the NL for their total incompetence in how to run a league and to get some sort of reform going to kick out the clowns who run the NL. 

He's got to be careful with his language, as he could soon find that he has put his club in contempt of the league rules, of which some could see a club removed.

Also, if a league is ratified as being N&V, any club within, loses their elite status until the league resumes. So this could mean that any "friendly" matches played are not in conjunction with current protocols, and there could be legal issues there as well.

The Hemel players have decided to continue with training sessions mainly because of the long gap between now and the start of the season whilst leaving it to individual players to decide if they want to take some time off.

Players have played so little football this season is this something that we have considered to help keep players ticking over rather than starting training from scratch after such a long period without football?  

Edited by Reading Rebel

• 2 weeks later...

As things are so quiet on here at the moment I may as well put this post up.

I was out on my daily walk around where I live earlier today.

It was nice and quiet  with nobody else in sight, I guess because it had rained hard not long earlier.

In the distance two couples appeared heading in my direction, the women with pushchairs and the two men following dutifully behind them.

I didn't pay too much attention to them, and when they came alongside me I noticed that one of the men was carrying  a baby, with great care and tenderness.

I suddenly realised that I recognised this man and I said "hello", but I was so surprised to see him down a quiet country style lane and also being gentle with a baby I couldn't remember his name!

( Of course I remembered his name 2 seconds after  we  went our separate ways. That's what happens when you get old! )

It was Ben Harris.

I gormlessly asked " Is that baby yours ?"

Ben replied with a laugh " No. I just found it back there", pointing further down the lane he had just come.

I don't follow any social media so if indeed this has been put up on any sites previously I wouldn't know, but if this baby is indeed Ben's and he didn't just find it, Congratulations Ben.

I just hope that the possibility that Ben has become a doting, caring, loving daddy doesn't turn him soft on the football pitch !

Edited by Holyport Rebel

14 hours ago, Holyport Rebel said:

As things are so quiet on here at the moment I may as well put this post up.

I was out on my daily walk around where I live earlier today.

It was nice and quiet  with nobody else in sight, I guess because it had rained hard not long earlier.

In the distance two couples appeared heading in my direction, the women with pushchairs and the two men following dutifully behind them.

I didn't pay too much attention to them, and when they came alongside me I noticed that one of the men was carrying  a baby, with great care and tenderness.

I suddenly realised that I recognised this man and I said "hello", but I was so surprised to see him down a quiet country style lane and also being gentle with a baby I couldn't remember his name!

( Of course I remembered his name 2 seconds after  we  went our separate ways. That's what happens when you get old! )

It was Ben Harris.

I gormlessly asked " Is that baby yours ?"

Ben replied with a laugh " No. I just found it back there", pointing further down the lane he had just come.

I don't follow any social media so if indeed this has been put up on any sites previously I wouldn't know, but if this baby is indeed Ben's and he didn't just find it, Congratulations Ben.

I just hope that the possibility that Ben has become a doting, caring, loving daddy doesn't turn him soft on the football pitch !

Like you I can't remember if we were informed about Ben having a new little-un.

Either way you can rest assured once a nutter always a nutter ?    

see attached statement from Hemel FC.
One way of getting the gates up!

CLUB STATEMENT FROM CHAIRMAN DAVE BOGGINS – SEASON TICKETS 2021/22

With the curtailment of the 2019/20 season, the club decided to offer a vastly reduced price for the 2020/21 season ticket.

By purchasing your reduced price 2020/21 season tickets last summer at a very uncertain time, you really did support the club and allow it to get through until the National Lottery funding was provided.

This allowed us to start the season. Unfortunately, other than one ‘test game’ against Hungerford Town on December 12th all other games were played behind closed doors with no spectators.

I would like to thank every season ticket holder personally for their fantastic support over the last two disrupted seasons.
With this in mind the club wish to make the offer to all existing season ticket holders that you will be entitled to a FREE 2021/22 season ticket.
The club will be in touch over the coming pre-season to all individuals with the application form for your FREE season ticket.
Hopefully as we start to move forward and get fans back into stadiums, we can once again, enjoy our club together!
Once again, I would like to thank you all for your continued support.
Dave Boggins

9 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Just seen that Barnet have appointed a new manager with ex Slough assistant manager Dave Anderson as his assistant and goal keeping coach.

They look two ideal choices for Barnet FC to me.

Introducing our new coaching team

Just now

Large

As announce last night, the Club are delighted to welcome both Simon Bassey and Dave Anderson to Barnet Football Club. Both have joined as the first two parts of the backroom rebuild at the Club.

Bassey, who spent 17 years with now EFL League One side, AFC Wimbledon, joins the Club as First Team Coach and will lead the Bees in the immediate future, starting with Saturday's National League trip to Maidenhead United, whilst the Club continue to rebuild the backroom staff ahead of the next campaign. 

Anderson, who has previously managed the Dons as well, has extensive knowledge of the local non-league scene and has come into support Bassey as an assistant coach, he will also work with the Clubs goalkeepers. 

Simon Bassey:

Following a playing career that saw Bassey represent the likes of Aldershot Town, Crawley Town and AFC Wimbledon, the 45-year-old retired from the playing side due to injury. Bassey then stepped into the coaching side at the Dons, where he spent 14 years as firstly Reserve Team Manager before taking on the role of First Team Coach, playing an instrumental part in the Dons meteoric rise through the leagues before they established themselves within the English Football League. Bassey worked under a variety of different managers during his time with AFC Wimbledon, before departing at the end of the 2018-19 season

Bassey also took over as caretaker at AFC Wimbledon on two occasions but is hailed as a Club Legend at the League One side for his fantastic work in ensuring the development of the Club formed back in the early 2000s. Bassey's experience in coaching and development means that his arrival looks to be a shrewd move by the Bees. Bassey also knows the non-league scene and has excellent contacts within the game, which will support the rebuild of the First Team Squad heading into the 2021-22 National League season. 

Dave Anderson:

Small.jpg

Anderson is best known to have managed AFC Wimbledon during a three-year spell between 2004 and 2007, where achieved promotion in his first campaign, as well as winning the Surrey Senior Cup. The Ulsterman played an instrumental part in Simon Bassey's transition from playing into coaching, appointing him as Reserve Team Manager of the Dons. Dave enjoyed two runs to the playoffs with the Dons, before departing the Club in 2007. 

Since then Anderson has enjoyed a coaching career, of varying roles, within the local Non-League scene and has extensive knowledge of non-league football and the players within it. Before heading into coaching, Anderson had a youth playing career at Sheffield United and Wolverhampton Wanderers, also representing Northern Ireland at 'B' and Youth Levels.  

The Club are delighted to welcome both Simon and Dave to the Club, supporters can hear from Simon in an extended interview which will appear on the Club Website in the coming days. 

10 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Just seen that Barnet have appointed a new manager with ex Slough assistant manager Dave Anderson as his assistant and goal keeping coach.

Always enjoyed meeting Dave Anderson in the board room at Queen Street. I recall the startled look on his Ulsterman face when our Lardy Boy choir launched into its "No Surrender (to the low fat spread)" song.