Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

Bath are already advertising next seasons ticket deals.

Prices are frozen with a deadline of 31st March for existing ticket holders and 31st April for new comers.

Adults £280 reduced to £256

Concessions £230  reduced to £208

They are classing this as a major saving.

Edited by Reading Rebel

34 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Prices are frozen with a deadline of 31st March for existing ticket holders and 31st April for new comers.

Apparently they’re desperately trying to raise funds to buy a revolutionary new piece of kit that instantly warms up hamstrings…

2 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

They must be desperate if theyve extended the offer to 31st April

Those hugh reductions are near as dammit £1 per match

26 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I make it Chesham need one more win to guarantee promotion or with a goal difference of +9 possibly only a point.

That'll please some on this forum that old rivalries will be renewed.

Should please everyone being they’d be our local derby and should generate very good crowds for both clubs. Be interesting to see if they’re able to hold onto their star striker German and if they do how he’d adapt to a higher level.

51 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I make it Chesham need one more win to guarantee promotion or with a goal difference of +9 possibly only a point.

That'll please some on this forum that old rivalries will be renewed.

Yes they're all but Champions. I make it only Salisbury, Gosport & AFC Totton can catch them, but only if they win all their remaining games and Chesham lose all theirs!

I think there's still an outside possibility of them ending up in the North though, though it all depends on who goes up from Step 3 (looks likely to be Hornchurch and Needham Market, Hornchurch clearly South but who knows for Needham Market) and down from the NL Premier; Oxford are down with Kidderminster also in deep trouble with only 4 games left (both will probably end up North). Dorking and Boreham Wood make up the other two at the moment, but say if Kidderminster save themselves at the expense of Wealdstone or Maidenhead? They are further south than Chesham and if the likes of Gloucester and Bishops Stortford can end up in the North, so can Chesham.

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

Yes they're all but Champions. I make it only Salisbury, Gosport & AFC Totton can catch them, but only if they win all their remaining games and Chesham lose all theirs!

I think there's still an outside possibility of them ending up in the North though, though it all depends on who goes up from Step 3 (looks likely to be Hornchurch and Needham Market, Hornchurch clearly South but who knows for Needham Market) and down from the NL Premier; Oxford are down with Kidderminster also in deep trouble with only 4 games left (both will probably end up North). Dorking and Boreham Wood make up the other two at the moment, but say if Kidderminster save themselves at the expense of Wealdstone or Maidenhead? They are further south than Chesham and if the likes of Gloucester and Bishops Stortford can end up in the North, so can Chesham.

The atlas has been out and there's plenty of teams further North than us 🤣 Needham will go North as all winners of that Southern Prem Central have in previous years

But then others if needed should hopefully be from the top few on this list rather than us

51.8759N - Braintree Town

51.7740N - Oxford City (relegation from National)

51.7543N - St Albans City

51.7539N - Hemel Hempstead Town (outsiders for relegation from National South given their recent results)

51.7532N - Chelmsford City

51.7509N - Merthyr Town (potential promotion from Southern League Premier South)

51.6991N - Chesham United (potential promotion from Southern League Premier South)

51 minutes ago, cufcgeneral said:

The atlas has been out and there's plenty of teams further North than us 🤣 Needham will go North as all winners of that Southern Prem Central have in previous years

But then others if needed should hopefully be from the top few on this list rather than us

51.8759N - Braintree Town

51.7740N - Oxford City (relegation from National)

51.7543N - St Albans City

51.7539N - Hemel Hempstead Town (outsiders for relegation from National South given their recent results)

51.7532N - Chelmsford City

51.7509N - Merthyr Town (potential promotion from Southern League Premier South)

51.6991N - Chesham United (potential promotion from Southern League Premier South)

You're right about Braintree being furthest North, but neither them nor Chelmsford are near a Motorway going North-South, unlike St Albans, Hemel Hempstead and even Chesham. I'd think they'd be the first to be moved (rather than Braintree or Chelmsford) for that reason; this is surely why Gloucester City (off the M5) and Bishops Stortford (off the M11) are in the North but Braintree Town aren't.

As for Merthyr you're right about them as well, but they're just one of the teams in the play-off mix. If it's not them it'll be one from: Gosport, Salisbury, AFC Totton, Hungerford, Walton & Hersham, Bracknell, Hendon or even Basingstoke or Winchester (unlikely, but possible). All are Berkshire/Hampshire/Wiltshire/Surrey/London and so, unlike Merthyr, unquestionably headed for the South should they go up. Chesham are much further North than any of these.

You're also right about Needham Market, they'll probably end up North. My only thought regarding them is that they're far closer to Braintree (the closest team currently in the South) than they are to Kings Lynn or Bishops Stortford (the closest teams currently in the North). The road network doesn't help here, it's more or less the same for them in either direction (in other words, nowhere near a motorway).

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, I hope to see Chesham next season!

1 hour ago, Nathan said:

Chesham United won 4-1 and are therefore mathematically Champions of the Southern League Premier South. Congratulations to them and I look forward to renewing our rivalry (provided they end up in the National League South).

I'll second that.

I look forward to renewing old rivalries.

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Taunton's home game tonight against Maidstone has been switched to Gloucester City's ground due to a waterlogged pitch.

The follow up statement seems to suggest this arrangement is very much against Taunton's will. But the league has to finish and TBH this should have been forced upon them before now 

1 hour ago, BFR said:

The follow up statement seems to suggest this arrangement is very much against Taunton's will. But the league has to finish and TBH this should have been forced upon them before now 

BFR totally correct Theyre broke and desperate for cash with some staff and wages unpaid since Feb.