Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 16th August

Some interesting ties with the Berko and Hertford ones the pick of the bunch for me.

Wembley and Hillingdon should enjoy their visits as they will be playing on two 

of the finest pitches at this level.

Colney Heath game wont be one for the faint hearted - can see a few reds in that one and

cant see Codicote getting anything other than expensive petrol receipts.

Tigers game should be close but a nice place to play.

Hoddy should win at a canter, Cockfosters should be too strong for Hullbridge and Levy v NPT

could go either way

Good luck to all SSML ides this weekend

My apologies to Codicote,,,,,,,,,,,,great result

WGC V HADLEY wasn't a cup classic. Hadley scored early following a slip in defence and then following a collision lost both centre backs.

WGC were much better in 2nd half. Deserved equaliser and could of won game but overall a draw was fair.

Decent crowd in and the ground, pitch, clubhouse looking fantastic thanks to bundles of hard work from people behind scenes at Welwyn.

One of the Willen players has told me the pitch was "unfit for playing on... absolutely shocking."

I'm not surprised, last season it was terrible. League let them off and they said they were playing on main pitch. Low and behold first game it's back to the cow field.

Cockfosters 5-4 Hullbridge Sports

Phew ..... What a day. Just got in and settled down to one of John Smiths finest and gathering my thoughts of todays game. And to think i almost missed this encounter after arriving to the ground late because i was stuck at a UKATA Asbestos awareness refreasher course and there were a severe lack of parking spots, not helping me out being in the long wheel based transit... But i just about managed to squeeze inbetween a Blue Audi A4 and Maroon ford fiesta just in time for kick off.

Fosters got off to a flyer going 4-0 up and Micky Roukes side went into cruise control and then let 2 sloppy goals in. Hullbridge never really had much to offer until the second half when Stuart Blackburn limped off and things opened up and the away side had two twin brothers up top that finally got them going. Old man Ferg Moore actually impressed me today, but it seemed at times alittle extra weight wasnt the only thing he was carrying after he's CB partner kept drifting off. Prehaps out of bordem im not sure. Fosters to be fair were never in any danger and a deserved result. I cannot wait for Sun's go in the FA cup next year its a magical thing.

Entertainment -10

Officials -8

Weather -9

Pitch - minus 47

Edited by RendonBodgers

Hats off to Hertford...I thought this would be a lot harder than that scoreline suggests.

We scored after 17 seconds. Haringey had the better of the first half but we scored again in last minute to go in 2-0 up against run of play. Second half we looked like we believed in ourselves and looked comfortable all the way through and no surprise we got the 3rd from Leigh Rose.

I missed the 3rd goal because Leigh Rose's previous effort was so wide of the mark it knocked a pint of cider out of my missus' hand. I was at the bar getting a replacement when he got it right!

Great coach trip back to Hertford! Would love to hear the story from my friends at Hoddy....SSML seems to compare favourably to Essex Senior.

Edited by LoucasX

A report taken from nonLeagueMatters

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
Colney Heath 3 Southend Manor 2
Addmission £6 inc programme. Att: 100 (H/C)
Although the home side won the game in the last couple of minutes this was not a quality affair with 4 of the goals being mistakes. The visitors took the lead when their forward robbed a defender trying to dribble from defence, and cooly finished on about 20 minutes. Ten minutes later, A Manor defender lunged in, missed the ball and took the man for a clear penalty. Manors keeper got a hand to a well struck spot kick and was unlucky not to keep it out. On the stroke of half time it was the turn of a visiting defender to be caught in possession on the edge of his box and was punished in emphatic style.
Southend Manor had a go in the second half but lacked a bit of belief in the final third. However, with twenty minutes left their right winger broke down the right, cut in and played a superb cross into the danger zone which was prodded home from almost on the line. The game seemed to be petering into a draw when Colney were awarded a free kick for a needless foul just outside the area. The ball was played short to an unmarked a team mate who was criminally unmarked and his shot from the edge of the box was deflected home.
The difference was probably the home teams 'know how' and experience being too much for the (Very) young visitors who gave a very good account of themselves. Shame really about their followers / officials whose behaviour towards their opponents and the match officials was embarrassing to put it mildly. Every decision against them contested in unpleasant terms - they were a disgrace to their club and in total contrast to their team.
Set up at Colney very impressive - nice club house and a total first for me - seeing a ground with a childs play area!!

Some FA Cup match reports thus far:

FA CHALLENGE CUP Extra Preliminary Round

3-1 Ashford Town (Middx) v Berkhamsted

http://www.ashfordtownmiddlesexfc.com/

2-3 Bedford v Kings Langley (@Kings Langley FC)

1-1 Brantham Athletic v Codicote

5-4 Cockfosters v Hulbridge Sports

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cockfostersfc/s/match-centre-90776/0-2446140

1-1 Cogenhoe United v Wembley

3-2 Colney Heath v Southend Manor

2-1 Harefield United v Crawley Green

0-3 Haringey Borough v Hertford Town

0-3 Hatfield Town v Baldock Town

2-1 Leverstock Green v Newport Pagnell Town

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20140816

6-0 London Colney v Woodbridge Town

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/woodbridgetown/s/match-centre-89876/0-2512438

3-0 Sileby Rangers v Hillingdon Borough

1-3 Stotfold v Biggleswade United

2-2 Takeley v London Tigers

3-4 Tring Athletic v Holmer Green

http://www.holmergreenfc.co.uk/s/match-centre-33921/0-2446845

1-2 Waltham Forest v Hoddesdon Town

1-1 Welwyn Garden City v Hadley

http://www.hadleyfc.co.uk/

2-2 Takeley v London Tigers

A brief Youtube clip from this one:

Apologies, I hadn't realised Uncle T had already posted that action from Pancake Lane yesterday, who's idea was it to use the legendary Big Match theme music.

Harpenden got another unexpected win today ... Got some very good players down there ... Well worth a watch .. However I would recommend a away game .. The home ground is a right dive ! Think they could be up the top this year .. Not sure they would be aloud in the prem though which would be a shame ... Two or three more players and they would compete .

1-1 Welwyn Garden City v Hadley

I expect Welwyn Garden City had already been planning their route to Ilford or Saffron Walden Town in the Preliminary Round but Hadley will be no mugs this season under the legendary Micky Hazzard