Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

One for the refs

I know of several referees who watch matches involving teams they will officiate in the coming weeks. I've also been asked about clubs by referees at various times because a huge number of match officials operating at Contributory and Supply League levels (i.e. Steps 3-5, so SSML Premier Division) do put time into analysing the match scenario for each game they get. This includes any potential "needle" between the clubs, their current form, key players, etc. Of course, Google and sites like this are incredibly useful in this regard.

At this level, the match officials take it every bit as seriously as the players, managers or supporters and that includes doing their research.

I note your comment comparing Referees to Nazis.

This I find extremely offensive.

I assume that you are still a Club Official of Hoddesdon Town.

Very dangerous to assume anything Pete. I assumed you still possessed a sense of humour. Turns out I was wrong. Just because you find something offensive, doesn't mean it's offensive.

Now get over yourself.

Here's one for you Pete - you can be the Assessor

Any point for the referee here

http://youtu.be/_Zi_uCcfA8s

Both goal keepers in the same colour jerseys is the only thing I have noticed although if neither has a change of top you can allow them to wear the same colour.

Is this what you are referring to? 

Both keepers wearing the same kit and both teams wearing white shorts. Six players wearing the same colour boots....

From FIFA's Laws of the Game

Colours

• The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and also the referee and the assistant referees 

• Each goalkeeper must wear colours that distinguish him from the other players, the referee and the assistant referees

Since the socks are different, I believe that the teams distinguish themselves, even though both were white shorts.
Edited by britman

That's it. Am still stunned we get refs who allow different shades if green and others who make keepers change when clearly different shirts that share one common colour.. Yet in a Prem game keepers can where what looks like an identical strip which was barely mentioned with everyone purring about the goal. Surely common sense should play a part. The lack of common approach from officials is irritating to say the least

They do as they like higher up the Pyramid.

I blame the Assessors for not penalize them.

We get it in the neck at Grassroots level for doing things properly.  

Edited by petethegreek