Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures/Results etc 23/24 September 2014

Smudge

Hope he is alright,but is that not a trademark of his,just remember him cleaning out Tommy Mooney last year.What goes around comes around.

Having followed Carl's football career for many years, I can confirm that it is not 'a trademark' of his, how can you form an opinion on one game?!

I find it sad and childish that you think making a comment of what goes around comes around on a forum is acceptable.

I'm sure his wife and family will draw strength from this comment while he is out of work as a self employed builder!

Oh dear...someone seems to have misunderstood the concept of a forum and opinion.

Nobody on here is an 'expert', just people blowing hot air over boys kicking a bag

of wind...Certainly not important enough to start name calling (although that's just my opinion, of course,)

Edited by thevoiceofreason

We done what was asked by Tony and noggsy,we worked and kept our shape.

Unbeaten since Feb 2013 I hear??someone will correct me not doubtedly

We were huge tonight.

Spelly are a super team!

Re Carl Dennison - 1st X Rays indicate bad swelling but no break.

He is an extremely able 'keeper and far and away the best in the League at coming off his line to clear the ball outside his area and to swoop onto any through ball in his box. You have to be brave to do what he does and that will involve taking and giving knocks.

So yes, occasionally he mistimes it, so does Neuer. It happens.

On Tuesday he collected a ball at his feet outside his area and looked up to pick a pass, delayed a fraction too long allowing the attacker to close him down - as he made the clearance he got hurt. I was a long way away but I suspect he hit the player's foot on his swing through, which can be really nasty - he got straight up, hopped around a bit then went down. 

As for earlier comments - there is an old bag of wind I'd love to kick around Stag Meadow... what goes around comes around.

Well done CWU - isn't that Spelly's first league defeat since the season before last? Fantastic run though.

End of a magnificent run TRS, but I did say didn't I about Spelthorne altho' at the moment Colliers Wood are not in the top 6 !    I recall saying at the beginning of the season CW are a threat this season and would be the surprise package and will beat alot of teams especially with their pace at top.... the problem with CW they're unpredictable thats is why they are a dangerous team .....at times.

Thats now only 1 point in 6 for Spelthorne over last 2 games..and looking at Spelthornes fixtures they have some difficult games coming up with teams in the top 6...so lets see where they lie after that.

BUT Spelthorne are a good footballing team on my first viewing last night. They didn't have any scoring efforts of notice in the first half but they are very disciplined. Their game plan and threat, as I saw it, was to get the ball out to Atiasse, their dangerous pacey right winger, with their right back, who had boundless energy. bombs on in support, but this is where the right back area was prone to the counter attack, which CW gambled and paid dividends when CW winger Ogunseye attacked Spelthortne's centre backs and got the valuable penalty to make it 2-1 and it was the same player who missed a sitter towatds the end with open goal gaping at his mercy.to make it 3-1. .

Footnote:

I will be surprised if Atiasse will not be snapped up by a Ryman / Southern League club before too long.  I was told last night that he played for Egham before breaking a leg 2 seasons ago !

All makes for an interesting season.

Jesse Atiase played for Spelthorne in the Elite before they went up. He's a real talent, but has suffered with injuries I understand. He went to Egham at the same time Jamie Read did from memory.

They have a few that have been with them that long - Staples, Smith, Flatman, Richards, Wright. Good to see they've stuck together and that undoubtedly has helped with their success.

Is Mario Embalo still at CWU? Very good player. Dangerous.