Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

27th-29th October Matches

Surrey FA have invited a few AFA teams into the Premier Cup which is a good thing. It adds something a bit different to the mix. I'm old enough to remember the days when some of the AFA teams played in the Senior Cup as well but I think that would be a step too far for most of them these days.

We've played a couple of AFA sides in this cup in recent years - Old Wilsonians are still the best we've faced IMO but Dorkinians were decent as well.

They do play at Pixham Lane. One of the oldest venues for football in the county. The 1888-89 Surrey Senior Cup final was played there. I think Duncs may have been involved.....

Surrey FA have invited a few AFA teams into the Premier Cup which is a good thing. It adds something a bit different to the mix. I'm old enough to remember the days when some of the AFA teams played in the Senior Cup as well but I think that would be a step too far for most of them these days.

We've played a couple of AFA sides in this cup in recent years - Old Wilsonians are still the best we've faced IMO but Dorkinians were decent as well.

They do play at Pixham Lane. One of the oldest venues for football in the county. The 1888-89 Surrey Senior Cup final was played there. I think Duncs may have been involved.....

yes VPCTFC i was a ball boy and you gave me a lift home on your horse and cart lol

What did you think of Windsor TRS?

Championship contenders or just short of what is required?

Or a bit early for that sort of observation just yet...?

Must say judging by the highlights Just Short.The ref had a good game though judging by the Highlights,any comment Rother.

Westfield v Windsor

As usual, excellent highlights TRS - Thanks !  Turning point for Westfield was missing open goal with header !  Windsor seemed to boss the first half according to the highlights with Westfield more in the game especially after scoring in the second half.

Again I emphasise that from these highlights, I saw Ashford Saturday and think they are a little better, but you really cannot judge from an 11 minute video. 

Still along way to go Rother,

FT Met Pol 4-3 Dorking

Good fight back by the Chicks I'm told, after being 3 down after 20 minutes !!!

Rich I have no idea if it's the same pitch bit chances are the ground is basically the one

Friends provident on the other side of the road would be a possible alternative

Lot of old buildings in pic ham lane mean only so much space was available and of course water

JEFF !

I'm pretty sure this is the pitch you are referring too.

Dorking Ladies are using it for their home games during their enforced exodus this season caused by the closure of Meadowbank.

Yes  -  It is sited very near the River Mole, yet drains remarkably well.

The only real draw-back is that the changing rooms are located some 700 yards from the pitch in the UNUM social club block, which, incidently, has a wonderful bar with beers at an extremely respectable prices and a very friendly atmosphere.

Edited by Big J R

As usual, excellent highlights TRS - Thanks !  Turning point for Westfield was missing open goal with header !  Windsor seemed to boss the first half according to the highlights with Westfield more in the game especially after scoring in the second half.

Again I emphasise that from these highlights, I saw Ashford Saturday and think they are a little better, but you really cannot judge from an 11 minute video. 

Still along way to go Rother,

Indeed. Squad depth will be important at some stage and our main list of 17 provides good cover for every position. If we have an injury / suspension in any position (except keeper) I would be confident of little impact.

Our young keeper Justin Courtnage is decent (and will get better) but the return of Carl Dennison from injury would probably strengthen things a little at the back. That said, without having checked, it feels to me that there have been less daft goals given away since Dennison has been injured so it may be that the defence are playing with a little more concentration due to "looking after" Courtnage. (Just speculating...)

The manager appears to be rotating the squad at the moment meaning we don't have to play through knocks which one would imagine will stand us in good stead later in the season. Famous last words there!!

Ashford may well have similar strength in depth of course. (Not dismissing Cove, Molesey and Camberley.)

Rich I have no idea if it's the same pitch bit chances are the ground is basically the one

Friends provident on the other side of the road would be a possible alternative

Lot of old buildings in pic ham lane mean only so much space was available and of course water

Thanks tsf. I'm certain it was nearer the station than Friends Provident though, as Epsom or their opponents occasionally chose to defend the station end, meaning Deepdene Station.

What did you think of Windsor TRS?

Championship contenders or just short of what is required?

Or a bit early for that sort of observation just yet...?

Quite impressed, though Windsor usually look good whenever I see them! Bit wasteful up front first half and one or two ponderous moments at the back which one of the top sides may have taken advantage of. Difficult to judge re championship on one game and I haven't seen Ashford or Cove yet to compare and the Camberley game I saw was a bit one sided in their favour. Shaping up to be a decent contest though!

Quite impressed, though Windsor usually look good whenever I see them! Bit wasteful up front first half and one or two ponderous moments at the back which one of the top sides may have taken advantage of. Difficult to judge re championship on one game and I haven't seen Ashford or Cove yet to compare and the Camberley game I saw was a bit one sided in their favour. Shaping up to be a decent contest though!

Trevor,Bad Guy will not be happy,you forgot his favourite side Molesey,naughty boy.

There is only 1 team that will win the title

Judging by your location Weebs, I assume you mean your local side?

You may be right; certainly the best team we've played I think, but I still reckon there are three others in with a good shout!