Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 3rd January 2015 Match Thread

Our second half against Camberley I felt as a team we sat too deep and played into camberleys hands. Fair play they pegged us back and didn't allow us to get out. But chances we did have to get out we didn't do it well enough to give the back line a rest. Camberley are strong at set pieces which second half we didn't cope.

Forst half however I felt we held our own yes Camberley had chces which you would expect which I felt our keeper did well on occasions to save. We did cause them a few issues ourselves and deserved our goal against a good bavkline. Could have scored another just before the half but for Bradders on the line getting back in well.

But that was our first game in a few weeks due to weather and festive period so a good blow out for our lads.

No complaints with the result and wish Camberley all the best for remainder of season.

Decent assessment Phil.  If your player had rolled the ball into an empty net with his left instead of trying to get it back onto his right the thread may have been a whole lot different.

Good Luck to Knaphill.  I have friends from many years that are down there and wish them all the best.

Went to watch chertsey v guildford and must say i was impressed with the amount of people who braved the elements. Decent crowd. The pitch looked quite heavy but nevertheless think it was the right decision to play the game. Guildford started brightly and you can see their young squad are full of running and took the lead through chertsey error. Chertsey came back after that though and basically dominated the game for the remaining 70 minutes. quick mention to the chertsey centre backs who were very strong and didnt let the guildford strikers play or have time on the ball. Chertsey keeper though looks very suspect and dodgy in possession. Guildford however looked weak all over the pitch and lost almost ever 50./50 and committing numerous unnecessary fouls. 2 cards in 2 minutes is a record ive rarely seen before. I worry for guildford i think they are genuine contenders to go down. 

I thought in the 1st half Knaphill probably the better team and could of been 2 up at the break,however the knaphill keeper still had saves to make to keep the score at 1 0,2nd half was a shambles with your team being completely outplayed and outmuscled,the defending was all over the place from corners and freekicks,apart fro matt morriss and your shell shocked keeper your team didn't know what they were doing,johnno was back to defend at set pieces and tried his utmost to get close to the Camberley giants,no protection for the keeper and 2 free headers at the back stick. 

Camberley weren't on to pform today, especially in the first half but the Knaphill keeper had to pull off a few good saves today to keep the score down. Our goalie was nowhere near as busy. Knaphill's number 10 was lively, the rest of the team nothing special and no real threats from any of them. Maybe I'm deluded as well.

Kroons bought Duncs his drink. They're like brothers.

Kroonsampduncs_zps7c231016.jpg

Thanks VP I'll give you like brothers ha ha ha

Hair today,gone tomorrow,is Kroons standing on a step by any chance.  :D

No mate you know how age makes you shrink hence why I am as tall as Duncs now.

Couldn't believe it he even bought a friend along to get a soup !

Thanks VP I'll give you like brothers ha ha ha

Reminds me of 'The Blues Brothers' !

Only need dark shades and trilby's.

Epsom & Ewell 0-5 Windsor

Comfortable win for Windsor helped by the early red card for Epsom's Dan Dean following a poor challenge. Rob Lazarczuk gave Windsor a first half lead and Epsom kept it down to 1 until a late flurry of goals gave the scoreline a flattering look.

Agree TRS the early red card was an important factor, but in my opinion, E&E defence was poor with too many open spaces for Windsor forwards to run into, they lacked discipline.

E&E ran out of puff and think after the 3rd goal they almost gave up, or just plain tired, their defensive recovery was virtually non-existent hence the 3 latish goals...  Windsor were deserved winners but equally I was disappointed with Epsom, no disrespect intended just my opinion.

Some well taken goals and silly mistake goals.