Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 3rd January 2015 Match Thread

Camberley on any dead ball nearly anywhere on the pitch lump it into the opposition box with clearly great success. I laugh when people on here defend it with comments of 'but they don't hit the big centre forwards cos they are small'. The instance they get a free kick, they send all the big lads up (6 of em, all 6ft plus). They either get a header on target or knock it down to a small player. They've scored 9 against Knaphill this season, I can only remember 2 of the goals coming from the boot of a player. The rest were headers (i think).

Look, I'm not knocking it. If it works and you have the players to do it then by all means do it. If they win promotion, it will certainly serve them well in the ryman or southern leagues next season.

But please no one come on here and say they don't lump it forward on most occasions cos they do.

At last !    Totally agree JohnnoJudo from a footballer.... ;)

At last !    Totally agree JohnnoJudo from a footballer.... ;)

Ha Ha and ignored the comments from at least 2 others who were impartial :)

JJ was just a little bitter they were beaten :)

Thanks Dave, not so sure about your 2nd point though!

He's always been exceptionally modest !

Agree TRS the early red card was an important factor, but in my opinion, E&E defence was poor with too many open spaces for Windsor forwards to run into, they lacked discipline.

E&E ran out of puff and think after the 3rd goal they almost gave up, or just plain tired, their defensive recovery was virtually non-existent hence the 3 latish goals...  Windsor were deserved winners but equally I was disappointed with Epsom, no disrespect intended just my opinion.

Some well taken goals and silly mistake goals.

Although rother has already listed it earlier in the thread, our match report is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN136.html

Also nice to meet you rother and will no doubt meet up again in April.

I was intrigued by the comment earlier in the thread about giving Lazarczuk space on the edge of the box. It must be pointed out that we were down to ten men by then and our holding midfielder who would have been there was the one sent off. Whilst we had another player move into that role, it was his first game in three months.

If we are considered poor on that performance, so be it, even though we played 76 minutes with ten men, and the second goal was a ricochet (blocked goal kick which went in from the edge of the area) which probably did the real damage to morale. However, I referred in the preview to the fact we were missing three suspended midfielders with another to join them shortly, and with two new guys on the field too (who I thought showed promise) we were very much up against it even before the game started, as indeed I told rother before the game.

We'll be fine this year but are struggling a little for personnel right now which will be an issue for the whole of January. Only four times before this in our entire history had we suffered red cards in consecutive games, yet this run is now four in four, and has equalled our club record of seven in a season already. However, we have won two of those four matches and in the other two have just tired in the second half. It is the worst time to be down to ten, while the pitches are heavy (even Chipstead's!) and Windsor passed the ball around nicely. I expect a much closer match when we visit Stag Meadow in April.

As for the sending off, some thought it harsh, others thought it was high and therefore reckless. I was at the other end of the field but the reaction of the players is often the most telling issue and our players didn't appear to complain greatly about the red card. Then again, maybe we are used to it now! The other incident was a strange one when from where I was Gould appeared to go in late on our keeper. Again, I was far away but it really looked like the striker was in serious trouble until the ref spoke to the Assistant and then all of a sudden we were back in play with no card at all, so maybe it wasn't a bad challenge after all. It's all about the angle you see the incident from sometimes.

Looking forward to seeing TRS's video shortly. I think!

Yep that's what it was Krooner.

And of course you are completely impartial

Totally impartial view here,Camberley are 16 unbeaten,yet because of one toe rag aka Bad Guy,who never posts a game report from any game he alledges he is attending,calls into question their style of play.All and sundry jump on the bandwagon supporting him.Johnno going back to mark at corners is ludicrous :D ,on the post maybe.I hope Camberley go unbeaten till the end of the season,now that my first choice Cove cannot get promotion.

I don't mark at corners Smudge. I was marking from a freekick and on two occasions had to mark one of the big lumps. I don't mind though, I love a challenge.

Which one of the 6, that was the number mentioned.  Interesting as I am not sure we have 6 over 6 footers.  Defo 2 of the back 4, one centre mid and a sub that came on.  Interesting that I reckon at the end Knaphill had 4 maybe 5 six footers on :)

Totally impartial view here,Camberley are 16 unbeaten,yet because of one toe rag aka Bad Guy,who never posts a game report from any game he alledges he is attending,calls into question their style of play.All and sundry jump on the bandwagon supporting him.Johnno going back to mark at corners is ludicrous :D ,on the post maybe.I hope Camberley go unbeaten till the end of the season,now that my first choice Cove cannot get promotion.

Supporting me...what you on about, its fact ?

Was it you Smudge and Krooner complaining that I have resorted to name calling.. and lets not forget the neck noose comment .... :o  

As opposed to gobbing off, you should really pay extra attention to my posts and read them properly.  I mentioned that I personally do not like watching lump it football, if however it suits Camberley's style of play because of the players, who appear to be happy with it being successful, then so be it.... Its an opinion which is what forums are about .... I think ?

My comment is fact that when I've seen Camberley play, they lump it... what is wrong with that comment , backed up by the videos on their website ?  In fact I have been complementary stating that Camberley's style is threatening and difficult to defend against, 

so its up to the knowledge of other teams to deter their style, which higher opposition seem to have mastered.

Camberley style is plain for all to see, but clubs know what to expect its upto them to defend it.  :mellow:

Supporting me...what you on about, its fact ?

Was it you Smudge and Krooner complaining that I have resorted to name calling.. and lets not forget the neck noose comment .... :o  

As opposed to gobbing off, you should really pay extra attention to my posts and read them properly.  I mentioned that I personally do not like watching lump it football, if however it suits Camberley's style of play because of the players, who appear to be happy with it being successful, then so be it.... Its an opinion which is what forums are about .... I think ?

My comment is fact that when I've seen Camberley play, they lump it... what is wrong with that comment , backed up by the videos on their website ?  In fact I have been complementary stating that Camberley's style is threatening and difficult to defend against, 

so its up to the knowledge of other teams to deter their style, which higher opposition seem to have mastered.

Camberley style is plain for all to see, but clubs know what to expect its upto them to defend it.  :mellow:

No it was me.  Smudge is more than happy to name call back :)

I have a little challenge for you Bad Guy for the rest of the season.  Be the 1st to post match comments on a game you have been to.  Yes before anyone else or any match report ;)

Which one of the 6, that was the number mentioned.  Interesting as I am not sure we have 6 over 6 footers.  Defo 2 of the back 4, one centre mid and a sub that came on.  Interesting that I reckon at the end Knaphill had 4 maybe 5 six footers on :)

Give or take one or two maybe but i think the real point here is that your 6 footers are probably closer to 6ft 4" and above, and ours are only midgets at a measly 6ft.

What I will say is that all of your big lads are extremely good and powerful in the air and all of them outjumped and dominated our 'big lumps. 

Give or take one or two maybe but i think the real point here is that your 6 footers are probably closer to 6ft 4" and above, and ours are only midgets at a measly 6ft.

What I will say is that all of your big lads are extremely good and powerful in the air and all of them outjumped and dominated our 'big lumps. 

Everyone seems to overlook with the Keeper we have the best defense in the league only conceded 15 goals.

So who has got the Ash and Frimley jobs?

Ash job is rumoured to have gone to someone from the Army, after a link was struck with the army and Ash. No confirmed truths though. 

Edited by elnino

I suspect the main source of grumbling over Camberley's 'style' is that it is quite often successful. If it failed repeatedly, I'm sure some of those who seem to think they have the moral high ground would be saying

" there you go, they've been found out,"

With no axe to grind, or baggage of club loyalty, I watched the hosts play to their strengths and get the win they clearly deserved. A team with a game plan stuck to it....hardly a reason to be  derided I would have thought, but then who knows what agenda some have when posting on a forum.