Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2015-2016 season

Basically going on past experience before Creasey Park was re developed, the league and the FA made us aware of our grading and what needed done. 

Also, it is down to the clubs to keep checking the ground grading documents, as they are always available to view on the FA website. Clubs do need to take some responsibility regarding ground grading. I would check with your club if this did happen.

Basically going on past experience before Creasey Park was re developed, the league and the FA made us aware of our grading and what needed done.

Also, it is down to the clubs to keep checking the ground grading documents, as they are always available to view on the FA website. Clubs do need to take some responsibility regarding ground grading. I would check with your club if this did happen.

Again, I totally agree - clubs know the grading (as do most of us involved in this level of football) and this isn't a new phenomenon, the standards have been there for years. The problem is, why this year - given that no indication was given to the club that this season was any different to last (where we finished lower, with less points but stayed up) and also, why Stony as, going to the letter of the grading requirements, probably over half the sides in the league don't meet ALL the requirements.

Communication and transparency.

From last season's AGM

6.8. The FA had decided that any club at Step 6 (Division One) that had not achieved a G Grade by 31 March 2015 would be relegated at the end of next season.

From last season's AGM

6.8. The FA had decided that any club at Step 6 (Division One) that had not achieved a G Grade by 31 March 2015 would be relegated at the end of next season.

Thanks Karen - but, given that many clubs don't meet the full requirement, why stony?

The league and the FA are hot on this. 2 weeks before Creasey Park development was due to start, we were  informed the ground was still short of 50 seats or both clubs would be relegated, even though £2.5 Million was being spent.. We worked hard to install the seats.

Then the project started on time and the 50 seats were ripped out.

Basically No as I do not sit on the Management Committee.

:ph34r:

:bolt:

(Sorry  -  I couldn't resist it !!)

They must do if still in Div 1.

Definitely neither Harpenden nor Codicote would simply because of the unsecured walkway to the pitch.

Every other club which doesn't have a toilet in each individual dressing room also fails.

Someone dig up the old Hoddesdon promotion application threads... there are still teams in the Prem that don't fulfil full grading requirements (at least one anyway unless Cockfosters now have the walkway all around the pitch?)

Definitely neither Harpenden nor Codicote would simply because of the unsecured walkway to the pitch.

Every other club which doesn't have a toilet in each individual dressing room also fails.

They must at least make grade G judging by Karen's statement saying FA had said all clubs at step 6 must be minimum G. And Godling stadium amazingly has been used in Prem.

They must at least make grade G judging by Karen's statement saying FA had said all clubs at step 6 must be minimum G. And Godling stadium amazingly has been used in Prem.

Going by the FA link that was posted yesterday for that grading they don't and neither do any club which doesn't have toilets in each individual dressing (plus a whole host of other things).

Look - I don't want ANYONE to be relegated from div 1 due to ground grading. Every team has sufficient facilities, in practical if not textbook terms, to play at the level.

Surely also a 21 team div 1 and 17 team (non-floodlit) div 2 would make more sense anyway....

I would hope Stony aren't asked to foot the bill for considerably more midweek games in order to fit 34 league games in just as they have floodlights... Just a thought.

I thought this postponed for a year due to a lot of step 6 leagues not having clubs with the current ground grading. Get you club to speak with the league chairman.

I thought this postponed for a year due to a lot of step 6 leagues not having clubs with the current ground grading. Get you club to speak with the league chairman.

I would be surprised if the chairman hasn't already.

On a personal note, I cannot wait to play in div 2 for various reasons but we as a club it would be important to stay and we have quite a few players who should be playing div 1 football.

Going by the FA link that was posted yesterday for that grading they don't and neither do any club which doesn't have toilets in each individual dressing (plus a whole host of other things).

Look - I don't want ANYONE to be relegated from div 1 due to ground grading. Every team has sufficient facilities, in practical if not textbook terms, to play at the level.

Surely also a 21 team div 1 and 17 team (non-floodlit) div 2 would make more sense anyway....

I would hope Stony aren't asked to foot the bill for considerably more midweek games in order to fit 34 league games in just as they have floodlights... Just a thought.

We ended up being expected to use our lights I'm sure of it. Isn't grading for step 6 F? But minimum G set out as per Karen's post? Two divisions off odd numbered teams is....well, odd. Edited by Winslow Boy