Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10th October - Match Thread

Our average attendance this season - 101.

Knaphill's average - 76.

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/25/

Camberleys estimated wage bill for the past 10 years - £200,000

Knaphills - much less!!!

And 25 supporters on average less than Camberleys is not bad considering you've been at this level for a lot lot longer. Maybe if the football was a bit more pleasing on the eye you would have more???

Jonno i played in the Ryman/Ithsmian Premier for Camberley,i think you mean the current set up.

Yes Duncs apologies.

Step 2 in the late 70's early 80's and now plying their trade at step 5. Something has gone wrong clearly!

Interesting read!

We were away to badshott lea on Saturday, we possibly played far too much football on the deck 1st half, had most of the possession by quite a bit but found ourselves 2-0 down. The pitch wasn't the best(not a dig at all)

2nd half we decided to go a lot more direct and badshott couldn't deal with it at all and we were soon beck to 2-2. Only the fact that they slowed the game down and we had a man sent off that we didn't end up winning.

Horses for courses, I don't like the long ball game, we try to play but sometimes long ball gets you points and if it's your strengths use them.

There was a great bit of analysis on TV 2 or 3 years back when Swansea had about 20 consecutive passes and ended up where they started, somewhere around the centre circle! I'd rather see some goalmouth action myself. Yes we'd all like our team to play like Barcelona on a good day, but realistically you play to your strengths. Some of the best games are where there's a real contrast in styles between the teams, just as there's been some really dull games between 2 'pretty' sides.

I recall the classic quote from Tony 'play the game the way it should be played' Mowbray when he was manager of West Brom in the Prem. "I'd rather be relegated than play like Stoke" he said. Well we all know how that turned out....

Trs, yes play to your strengths, yes dont pass it to death and yes let's see balls into the box but pumping it long and into the box 90% of the time is just embarrassing.

May as well play with 4 defenders and 6 strikers all 8ft tall. There'd be no place for midgets like me!!

Didn't start on Saturday. Was below the minimum height restriction. It's like Thorpe Park all over again.

Indeed I mean George Gould and Marcus Cousins were giants.  And dont forget Matt Humphrey who must be touching 7 foot.

NLN youre spot on,also I think the the topic is embarrassing for Knaphill FC who have made great strides over the past few years especially off the pitch and I hope they distance themselves from these unnecessary comments made by a member of their management team.It sounds like sour grapes and probably is !!

Yeah good one!!