Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10th October - Match Thread

Well I know as do everyone involved at Ctfc that the second spencer moved on and took all the players and the budget, we were always going to struggle at that level. I don't need to put a spin on it, or dress it up. Facts are there to see, we did extremely well to be punching way above our weight for 3 seasons and the only reason we actually went down was due to voluntary relegation due to financial reasons.

Shortsighted people will always see it as failure.

For 10 yrs it seems camberley have finish around the top i would say if playing that way is success why are they still here, 2nd yr for knaphill, mid table finnish 1st yr, Looking for progression we couldnt afford to go much higher then top 10, we have another 8yrs

Of course yes I would.

Winning the league is the ultimate prize.

And when or if they win the league playing this way, I'll congratulate them.

So far, it's not been successful.

At times I may be Camberleys opposition and at times I may just be a spectator, either way, the style of football they play is ugly and certainly not pleasing on the eye. And I'm not in the minority on this opinion.

For 10 yrs it seems camberley have finish around the top i would say if playing that way is success why are they still here, 2nd yr for knaphill, mid table finnish 1st yr, Looking for progression we couldnt afford to go much higher then top 10, we have another 8yrs

The reason they are still here in my opinion is because just as we got a very good young footballing team together they changed the chairman and he bought about quite a few changes,first of all i left and then so did PB and a lot of the young team we had assembled also left,we had just won the Aldershot senior cup beating a very good Baggy lea team 3 2 in the final at the rec,I think the next step would of been winning the CCL Prem but as a previous poster said in came the men with the idea it was easy to win this league (not the current manager) and boy has it turned out to be anything but easy.

Well I know as do everyone involved at Ctfc that the second spencer moved on and took all the players and the budget, we were always going to struggle at that level. I don't need to put a spin on it, or dress it up. Facts are there to see, we did extremely well to be punching way above our weight for 3 seasons and the only reason we actually went down was due to voluntary relegation due to financial reasons.

Shortsighted people will always see it as failure.

short or longsighted it is failure.

Duncs, what happened at Cove with you? You went on holiday, came back and realised you were relieved of your duties. Is that correct?

(Don't lose your rag, it's a genuine question)

yes thats right David,i never wanted the job in the 1st place and only agreed to help Simon after Phil had asked me to change my mind,i went on holiday to Spain and was relieved of a job i never wanted but was asked by the then chairman to do,i think there was a lot going on whilst i was away you may know more about that than me,i sulked for a while but completely understand why they did what they did which makes what is happening down there now seem very strange.

The reason I ask......

Failure or success???

Cos short sighted people will see it as failure on your behalf, and the others will see it as not your fault or not under your control.

I knew the basic facts or your 'dismissal' at cove so don't see your time at cove as a failure.

Failure mate in that instant but we won 3 cups and got to another final always finished in a respectful position in the CCL Prem all in the space of 4 seasons,David you know what i am like as a manager/asisstant and you know all the players i have managed love the way i respect them all,if you have sucsess and failure in your locker it makes you a better manager,i am proud of my record as a manager/asisstant and was lucky enough to be more successfull than failing.

And I am also proud of what I done at Chertsey.

Kept them up for 3 seasons with the lowest budget plus other restraints behind the scenes is an achievement in itself. Facing teams with budgets in excess of £2000 a week and facing individual players earning more a week than my whole teams budget was difficult, but we battled hard every single week. In those 3 years we had some good fa cup and fa trophy runs which again is another achievement.

We held our own for 3 years at step 4 and I am confident if I had stayed at Ctfc at step 5 we would have made a success of it.

Take a look at where Chertsey finished last season, and where they are right now.

I think I did a decent job in my first job.

Ok so I have come outa retirement for this post

I like to see the ball played on the ground but clubs have to be able to mix it up especially in this league

IF

Camberley have the same style as last year so be it but did it win them promotion?

Teams that play them rather than moan about their style do your homework on a Tuesday and a Thursday and deal with it

Not even seen Hwitney but any team that goes that close to a Conf Sourh team are gonna win the CCL prem ...

Everybody keeps going on about the keepers long kicks but Chris Ellis and his mega throws must also be a pretty potent weapon as well. Teams play to their strengths and Camberley are trying to do that from what I can see.

And

I was helping a mate out at SP reserves and had been there fortep games when he Gita fantastic opportunity at level 5 in the Sussex league which after consideration he took

He asked me but it was too far away

Enjoyed putting the boots back on if only for a short period of time and will be back on here

Prob pop over to Knaphill next time they are at home