Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10th October - Match Thread

Chertsey Town fc 1 - 1 Westield FT.

Once again Westfield were the makers of their own undoing! With just 5 mins on the clock they conceded a very soft goal through their poor defence, whom once again looked little better than comatozed as a cross came in. They stood ball watching and allowed Chertsey the simplest of headers as the goal scorer made his run across the box totally unmarked and unchallenged.

In fairness to Westfield they did start to pick up a little and at times were the more dominant team. Eventually getting an equalizer from a cleverly placed free kick finding a Westfield head near the back post and I began to feel that Westfield would then kick on and go on to win the game. Unfortunately it was not to be and though they had a fair share of the play, they created very little threat going forward. It was Chertsey who came close to stealing the three points and but from a sharp reaction save at the near post from the ever impressive Westfield keeper they could have taken all three points today. As an outsider looking in, I reckon Westfield need to take a long hard look at the defence and also try and find a real threat in front of goal. The strike power seems to be lacking awfully at the moment and the "get the ball out to the right wing all the time" is becoming more than predictable. I hope they can pick things up for Tuesday in the cup. In summary I think a draw was probably a fair result today and I would suggest the ref might need to arrange an eye test after failing to see a blatant dive from the Chertsey no 6 who got a Westfeild player booked. There was absolutely no contact made and the ref was no more than a couple of yards away from the incident.

A real downside to the day was the lack of refreshments at the ground. The burger bar was in a right state at 10 mins before kick off with no burgers on the go and the tea urn not even hot. Eventually I got served halfway through the first half but when I went back for another tea almost half an hour before full time it was shut !!!! I would have thought that with most grounds that the burger bar is a large part of the revenue for the day. Next time I think I shall take a flask and a sandwich.

Edited by Jellybean

Chertsey Town fc 1 - 1 Westield FT.

Once again Westfield were the makers of their own undoing! With just 5 mins on the clock they conceded a very soft goal through their poor defence, whom once again looked little better than comatozed as a cross came in. They stood ball watching and allowed Chertsey the simplest of headers as the goal scorer made his run across the box totally unmarked and unchallenged.

In fairness to Westfield they did start to pick up a little and at times were the more dominant team. Eventually getting an equalizer from a cleverly placed free kick finding a Westfield head near the back post and I began to feel that Westfield would then kick on and go on to win the game. Unfortunately it was not to be and though they had a fair share of the play, they created very little threat going forward. It was Chertsey who came close to stealing the three points and but from a sharp reaction save at the near post from the ever impressive Westfield keeper they could have taken all three points today. As an outsider looking in, I reckon Westfield need to take a long hard look at the defence and also try and find a real threat in front of goal. The strike power seems to be lacking awfully at the moment and the "get the ball out to the right wing all the time" is becoming more than predictable. I hope they can pick things up for Tuesday in the cup. In summary I think a draw was probably a fair result today and I would suggest the ref might need to arrange an eye test after failing to see a blatant dive from the Chertsey no 6 who got a Westfeild player booked. There was absolutely no contact made and the ref was no more than a couple of yards away from the incident.

A real downside to the day was the lack of refreshments at the ground. The burger bar was in a right state at 10 mins before kick off with no burgers on the go and the tea urn not even hot. Eventually I got served halfway through the first half but when I went back for another tea almost half an hour before full time it was shut !!!! I would have thought that with most grounds that the burger bar is a large part of the revenue for the day. Next time I think I shall take a flask and a sandwich.

CWU 2-3 Windsor

Well, for the 2nd Saturday in succession Windsor looked like a very good team in the 1st half this time going in 3-0 up....

...only to face a 2nd half onslaught from resurgent opposition. Backs to the wall for sure.

Again Carl Dennison was in MOTM form making a string of saves including one I doubt will be bettered all season.

I assume the CWU No 9 is the same guy who always gives us problems with his electric pace. He and the 11 are quite a handful but somehow we managed to hold on for another hard fought victory.

These last 2 Saturday's have been excellent entertainment but now I want to see a performance where we have 90 mins on the front foot please...

I look forward to reading Cc's detailed report later!

Badshot Lea 3 Holrey Town 3

Just did not turn up 1st half and the 1st goal was scored after a free kick and the Holrey wall feel apart then a few minutes before half time Badshot scored goal number two to go in at half time two nil up. In the second half Horley slowley got back into the game and got a goal back through left back Jack Poplett. (See video on our U tube site) next up a block buster goal from right back Liam Cox who scorerd from well outside the area over the home keeper and into the back of the net in the top corner. Next Holrey had skipper Adam Pullen sent of for a foul and both teams picked up several bookings. Badshot Lea then went three two up. Horley contued to push foward and got the equliser through Ashley Nadesan. With sub Richard Wetton on for Town the ten men of Holrey had two further chances to score. But in the end both teams had to settle for a point each. Our first draw of the season. 

Anyone wanna take a guess at how camberley scored their last minute winner against Knaphill today.???

How about this, the keeper punted the goal kick quite high, a freak gust of wind brought the ball back goal wards.

Looking like it was going over the bar when for some reason the ball punctured, it dropped like a stone on the line. Rapid deflation had shrunk the ball and when the ref who was first on the scene saw that the now very small ball was over the line he awarded a goal.

I hear you say never, it's a good story

Massive punt upfield seems to be the common theme for some reason... I'll continue that and suggest the keeper scored direct from his kick from hands.

A drop kick from his hands seems more plorsable,.

it's only a tale.

In reality, was it was a tap in from the home keeper, making it an O.G.

Loving the answers fellas and here is the correct answer.  With a minute to go we won a free kick in the Knaphill half.  We loaded the box, put the ball in there, won the first header, the ball bounced about 8 yards out and our player headed in the winner :)

I look forward to watching the CCL team this season with a minute to go and they need to win playing a free kick short and trying to weave some pretty patterns to get the goal :)

Also just a quick note that I reckon Knaphills keeper passed the ball to our keeper more times than any of our players yesterday :)

No problem with teams lumping it into the mixer with five minutes to go.

Camberley do it with 90 minutes to go.

effective with their personnel but terrible for their fans watch. Unless of course they all still think it's 1978

Edited by fatboyatmfc

Loving the answers fellas and here is the correct answer.  With a minute to go we won a free kick in the Knaphill half.  We loaded the box, put the ball in there, won the first header, the ball bounced about 8 yards out and our player headed in the winner :)

I look forward to watching the CCL team this season with a minute to go and they need to win playing a free kick short and trying to weave some pretty patterns to get the goal :)

Also just a quick note that I reckon Knaphills keeper passed the ball to our keeper more times than any of our players yesterday :)

I can't wait for jonnos take on the goal.

Didn't expect anything else from Krooner.

Biggest rose tinted glasses EVER.

And yes, a big punt into the box from a few kick.

That's what they did the whole game so no surprise on the 100th punt into the box they scored. Play percentages!!!

It's just an ugly ugly way to play football. Camberley barely passed the ball to each other and constantly missed out their midfield. Yes winning is the important part but I couldn't play for, manage or coach that style of football. And if their supporters were honest, they would surely prefer to see good football, not hoof it at every opportunity.

2nd half we played some really nice football and dominated the possession. Better finishing and we certainly would have come away with points. Which is why the sucker punch in the dying minutes hurt even more.

Cb Hounslow 1 Ash Utd 0

Took on the league leaders & within 5mins was a goal down to some poor marking inside our own penalty area. Cb dominated the play but rarely troubled the ash keeper & on the odd break Ash did manage to hit the post twice. The second half was much the same as cb dominated but just couldn't kill ash off mainly due to some bad finishing which always kept ash in the game but rarely looked like we would score.

Not much else to say which hasn't been said already about ash, so no point going on. However did enjoy watching the planes take off throughout the game

No problem with teams lumping it into the mixer with five minutes to go.

Camberley do it with 90 minutes to go.

effective with their personnel but terrible for their fans watch. Unless of course they all still think it's 1978

We fans thoroughly enjoyed it when we deservedly beat you at Krooner fatboy

Hey Johnno, you seemed to have forgotten Camberley's 1St goal. Pretty sure they passed it to each other then with a good move down the right hand side, over lap from the right back who went passed your left back provided a lovely cross that the striker headed in at the back post. Just saying!