Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mon 11th-Wed 13th Match Thread

Chris Clapham

MON 11 JAN 16

Surrey Premier Cup – 3rd Round

Abbey Rangers

v

Old Wilsonians

OFF

Friendly

Sutton Common Rovers

v

Bedfont & Feltham

TUE 12 JAN 16

Surrey Senior Cup – 3rd Round

Badshot Lea

v

Merstham

Knaphill

v

Chipstead

OFF

Whyteleafe

v

Farnham Town

Cherry Red Records Premier Challenge Cup – 3rd Round

Camberley Town

v

Spelthorne Sports

Epsom & Ewell

v

Ashford Town (Middx)

Premier Division

Horley Town

v

Hartley Wintney

Surrey Premier Cup – 2nd Round

Westfield Res

v

Dorking

Surrey Premier Cup – 3rd Round

Dorkinians

(at Dorking Wanderers FC)

v

Frimley Green

WED 13 JAN 16

Grant-McLellan Youth Cup – 3rd Round (QF)

Ashfird Town (Mx) U18

v

Sandhurst Town U18

Am down the club tonight so will give an update about the state of Krooner Park.  It was in a right state Saturday morning and the problem was getting the groundsman on there to do anything with it !

Been at the ground this afternoon & the pitch must be very doubtful for tomorrow nights game there...still lying water & I've no chance of getting any machinery onto it to repair the damage from Saturday... But will keep you all informed if not In The Know will

We are not planning a pitch inspection this evening and the pitch is being marked as I write.

There is a little rain forecast today so the position may change but it's dry now and normally drains so well so I am certain we will be on.

We are not planning a pitch inspection this evening and the pitch is being marked as I write.

There is a little rain forecast today so the position may change but it's dry now and normally drains so well so I am certain we will be on.

Will wrap up warm then . brrrrr

Hoping Krooner Park will be ok however we are just trying to get someone down there to see if it needs to be looked at.  Most people involved are stuck at work bloody miles away, me included !

This is as far as I know as at 2.30 pm

The two definite postponements are:

Knaphill  v  Chipstead (SS Cup) (now next Tuesday)

Dorkinians  v  Frimley Green (SP Cup) (also now next Tuesday but may be switched to Frimley - decision to be made at weekend)

Everything else still on at present, with positive vibes having come from Epsom, Camberley and Horley.

These postponements will have an impact upon next Tuesday's currently scheduled matches.

Been at the ground this afternoon & the pitch must be very doubtful for tomorrow nights game there...still lying water & I've no chance of getting any machinery onto it to repair the damage from Saturday... But will keep you all informed if not In The Know will

Pitch inspection is around 3, but at the moment I'm marking the pitch out... When the inspection is done I'll report back

Pitch inspection is around 3, but at the moment I'm marking the pitch out... When the inspection is done I'll report back

Bloody weather.. Hammering down as the inspection done...puddles on soft are..grrrrr...so tonight's game is OFF

Westfield Res v DFC is definitely off as Alan says.  Now posted on DFC web-site.

AND more bad weather to come, allegedly !  :ph34r:

Horley 0-1 Hartley

Very useful 3 points for Hartley who finished with 9 men. Game started off very even and as you'd expect in a competitive fashion. Horley had the first real chance cleared off the line by a combination of defender and keeper. Argent then appeared to be clipped by the Horley keeper as he ran into the box, but stayed on his feet with the chance coming to nothing. Would a penalty have been given if he'd have gone down? Probably. Duff fired Hartley ahead on 28 minutes. Nadesan had a great chance to equalise but put it just wide, when it looked like it was going in.

Second half started off in a similar even way, but Hartley were reduced to ten midway through. Everyone seemed to hear Noakes directing some abuse in the direction of the ref except the ref himself, but the lino alerted him in and out came the second yellow. Things were getting fraught by now with tackles flying in. Horley huffed and puffed but didn't trouble Atkinson in the Hartley goal too much, Hartley having a chance to seal it near the end after Jannaway was fouled on the edge of the box. Still time for Hartley to be reduced to 9 in the 95th minute as Walsh received a second yellow, which was more or less it as the ref blew up shortly after.

Horley 0-1 Hartley

Very useful 3 points for Hartley who finished with 9 men. Game started off very even and as you'd expect in a competitive fashion. Horley had the first real chance cleared off the line by a combination of defender and keeper. Argent then appeared to be clipped by the Horley keeper as he ran into the box, but stayed on his feet with the chance coming to nothing. Would a penalty have been given if he'd have gone down? Probably. Duff fired Hartley ahead on 28 minutes. Nadesan had a great chance to equalise but put it just wide, when it looked like it was going in.

Second half started off in a similar even way, but Hartley were reduced to ten midway through. Everyone seemed to hear Noakes directing some abuse in the direction of the ref except the ref himself, but the lino alerted him in and out came the second yellow. Things were getting fraught by now with tackles flying in. Horley huffed and puffed but didn't trouble Atkinson in the Hartley goal too much, Hartley having a chance to seal it near the end after Jannaway was fouled on the edge of the box. Still time for Hartley to be reduced to 9 in the 95th minute as Walsh received a second yellow, which was more or less it as the ref blew up shortly after.

Quite a fair report.

Don't think there were many chances throughout the game. We had the better chances but didn't take them.

I think a draw would of been about right but that's football and why you are where you are.

Good luck Saturday.

Archived