Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matches Tuesday 9th February

The one certain red that wasn't given should have been for the Knaphill keeper who was from my view last man. Ref must have either bottled it as it was very early in the match, or felt there was sufficient cover. I didn't think so!

The first one (Knaphill) was for verbal although not surprised as id have had choice words to say to the ref for the penalty decision given. Even the Ashford bench said it was 5 yds outside the box.

The next red (Knaphill) was for a tackle coming in from the angle but ref said it was dangerous and two footed. Look forward to seeing that one!

Last one was for Ashford for being the last man.

Exciting game! Two good teams going all out for the win. One poor referee! Possibly worst ever!

The match report from our draw at Camberley Town is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-36.html

I should also direct you to Camberley's Youtube channel where a very honest and forthright interview was provided my their Manager. Krooner can you put a link on please?

Although the game was not a very good advert for the Combined Counties League, it had its moments and was definitely contested throughout.

Always good to see Krooner and Andy. I have known Krooner since he had hair! Pity there was no VP but sure he will return soon.

Good luck at Hereford chaps, but that's another subject for a new forum shortly...

Fantastic footage, as ever, TRS. As an "Ash Tree in exile" I'm always grateful when highlights of our games are available.  

Having watched them, I'm surprised the goalkeeper stayed on, as from your angle that looked like "denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity". I also think the referee got both penalties wrong; the reaction of the players and the absence of any pitch markings in the camera shot suggests to me that the challenge that led to Ashford's penalty was outside the area, Similarly, the angle at which Samid Kazi's challenge on the Knaphill forward was filmed suggests he won the ball.

Credit goes to both teams and, to a degree, the referee, for serving up an entertaining match on the kind of pitch that many match officials would deem unplayable. Well done to Knaphill for being much more clinical in front of goal than my beloved Ashford Town (Middlesex), who I am sure will bounce back from this setback.

JR I do have a point of view which if I had told the Referee at the time would have got me into a lot of trouble .

Having refereed for 26 years myself I would like to think I have some idea of what it is about.

The Referee in this game was out of his depth and inept theno argument

This is honesty and not sour grapes on my part.

There cannot be an argument that that the goalkeeper should have seen red.

The penalty for Ashford was clearly outside of the penalty area so sympathy for the Knaphill player sen off though his reaction left the Referee with little option.

The next red card for Knaphill was a yellow without doubt but no more.

Now we come to what I strongly feel was the final injustice when Saad Kazi made what I consider a superb block only to have a penalty awarded against him and then a red card which not only cost Ashford dearly on the night but also a place in the Middlesex Senior Cup semi final against Enfield Town.

Now you have an honest response without anger whereas on the night it may (would )have been different.

A cracking video Trevor,and a cracking game for all to view.Reminds me of years gone by,when football was played whatever the condition of the pitch.The heavy pitch down the middle,made the game for me,sliding tackles,mistimed challenges,it had it all.However could you I wonder have bounced a ball on certain parts of it? The Ref was the highlight though as the villain in many peoples eyes,but he was the main reason,everyone who attended had a cracking nights entertainment,well done Ref,no stick from me.

The game should not have been played

The incident that resulted in the Ashford penalty and the sending off outside the area was all down th the ball stopping in the mud

We are forgetting one important factor safety

That tackle could have resulted in a broken leg then all the back slappers of great decision to play it, it was like real football back in the old days would be singing from a different hymn sheet

I used to play in those conditions years ago and we played because we knew no better but to be honest it is a defianate case of the older we get the better it was

Terrible decision to play it

All in my opinion of course

The incident that resulted in the Ashford penalty and the sending off outside the area was all down th the ball stopping in the mud

That tackle could have resulted in a broken leg then all the back slappers of great decision to play it, it was like real football back in the old days would be singing from a different hymn sheet

I used to play in those conditions years ago and we played because we knew no better but to be honest it is a defianate case of the older we get the better it was

Looked ok to play on in my opinion

Not sure that a sticky pitch is more likely to result in a serious injury than a firm pitch. Generally they are just very unfortunate incidents and we have to accept they will happen from time to time

Well done the ref (and the teams) for playing it

Agree Weeble. Just because we did it then, doesn't make it right.

Footy mad

I have played on all types of pitches and the boggy wet waterlogged and frozen (yes we played on those too) were the worst . Just being hard through lack of rain was never as bad and these days with more grass on the pitch and real groundsmen the "harder" pitches are not as bad as they used to be

What was your preference on the type of pitch ??