Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonbridge Angels v Enfield Town - match fred

Tally Ho

Interesting observations fellas. We were playing away against one of the better organized sides in the league on a rainy Tuesday night. I thought we shaded the first half but sadly failed to create enough chances in the final 3rd to expose the GK who not only had a criminal ' top knot' but seemed nervous and clearly unwilling to catch high balls. Game turned on a swift and effective counter attack , when with more purpose and commitment to make the 6 yard box ( something Bobby does well at times - but sadly not last night) we could have led 2-1 but as mentioned above we found ourselves 2-1 down 10 seconds later. Here's the problem as I see it; we simply fail to manage situations and maintain focus at crucial times. Ask a young player when are we 'vulnerable'? and you get different responses; usually " when the opposition has the ball in our half". The answer is in fact when we are not organized and focused on our roles; whether in or out of possession. Put simply Stan ball watches and drifts out of position at CH when we go forward, the higher we get the more of drifts. Last night we got caught square in a 2v2 which they punished effectively for the for the first goal and then incredibly they got a 2v1 for the second. These issues are easy to rectify; it comes down to maintaining shape, getting organized quickly on transition and 'managing the game'. No blame on anyone but this is the result of having a CM at CH against a team that can counter attack. As the ball was delivered from our left the 2 CH's should actually have dropped in anticipation of the transition if we did not finish - which we didn't. It's about 'at the ball', 'around the ball' , away from the ball.

Reading the graphic observations of "Townendleftside" it tends to take me back to my

comments on S Magou last December. As "OT" says "same as, same as!".

Fortunately, I believe I have mellowed a bit since then and have come to

recognised, that due to financial restraints BQ has to work with what he has got,

and can only improve the team within his budget. Even so he has continued to make the

team punch above their weight.

That said, it does not alter my previous view that he still has better players than SM in the pecking order. I can only assume that HJ was unavailable last night.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

If this is the case then you are right in your remarks.

However One would have to know the level of transfer and signing on fees

payable by other clubs to ascertain whether our budget is adequate.

If we miss out again this year then serious thought may have to made by

all members as how much should be set aside for the 2016/17 team.

It would be interesting to see league table's on the amount of money spent on first team budgets.And also with regard to average crowds..Would we be in the top 5 of either? Maybe with regard to average crowd,but i would guess we are probably only about halfway up the league for player budget/wages So would we be punching above out weight/finances if we make the top 5?.

Edited by lovely stuff

I'm just glad we're not in a relegation dogfight as we were a couple of years back!

Sounds as if we're a couple of players away from challenging for the title/play-offs.

It would be nice to win promotion with a strong side which can hold its own at the next level rather than bouncing straight back down as some sides have done recently.

We are of course on 15 years old, so talk of Confirm South may be premature.

However, some of the constant mistakes would not be acceptable at any level.

As for a table of budgets, do you really think zclubs are going to give out this info. It would kill many transfers dead to lots of Clubs.

Attendances are on many web sites, but even that you need to look at entry costs and splits with ages etc..

We need to sort plenty of other things out before promotion is even feasible so we should be doing that while we can.

And how to raise the extra playing budget costs.

Hopefully gates will go up by at least 50-100 a game in the higher league.Plus admission prices with increase by a couple of quid.Also hopefully a bit more will come in through sponsership..I'm sure the two teams being promoted from our league this season will relish the challange of trying to compete at the next level.

LS- I think we'd get 450 regularly with 500 mark breached a good few times too if we went up. Long shot at the mo but still possible.

Andy- it was non league day v's Hitchin and pro clubs highlighted the day and games on their websites. We'll get close to that attendance v's Dulwich if we can close the points gap between us by then.

Additionally I'd imagine we lose 20-30 supporters with Spurs and Arsenal doing so well together this season