Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Braintree watch

Over half the ex town players will probably drift away from Braintree when they can't secure a first team place.Would not want anyone back that had chosen to move along to another club.and then only comes back when they realise the grass isn't greener.We took Harold Joseph back and then he moved on quickly again.Need to find and reward players that remain loyal to the club.

Edited by lovely stuff

Shouldn't be so unforgiving to players who want to play in a higher division. It is disappointing to lose so many players but the non-league environment ls such that most players are not shown or give loyalty to a club anymore. I don't blame anyone for trying to improve their career and as we don't have the resources to place them all on contract we have to expect significant turnover, particularly when there is a change of management etc...

From my point of view if one or two want to return ( and Andy thinks they would add to the squad ) we should welcome them back!

The only club we need to concern ourselves with is our club.

Ok. So how are Daniel Clarke, Danny Alleyne, Bradley Brotherton, Stuart Snowden, Bradley Poole, et al, getting on? Forget those who have gone. Do I care! No! The same faces will be outside the perimeter fence.

I'm fairly confident Daniel Clarke will be about 5yds offside wherever he is and whatever he may be doing!

Those not interested should look away now!

Brad fielded 10 former Towners yesterday in a 2-1 defeat to a very strong Southend Utd side. Scott Shulton apparently made a very late challenge which resulted in a brawl involving most of the players and benches, a sending off for a Southend player and a booking for Scott, with Brad taking him off presumably to calm things down. Some things do remain constant after all!

Karl scored Braintree's goal.

Those not interested should look away now!

Brad fielded 10 former Towners yesterday in a 2-1 defeat to a very strong Southend Utd side. Scott Shulton apparently made a very late challenge which resulted in a brawl involving most of the players and benches, a sending off for a Southend player and a booking for Scott, with Brad taking him off presumably to calm things down. Some things do remain constant after all!

Karl scored Braintree's goal.

No one should care. Look inwards at your own club who gives a toss about others. Forget past players they are gone support the ones you have got now.

Totally agree who cares about braintree.

There manager has ripped the heart out of our club,but you know what Andy has done a remarkable job assembling a strong looking squad,in a very short space of time.

The Towners will be stronger as a result of what happened during our close season.

COYT.

As i said before its valid to compare last seasons squad (Most of whom now play at Braintree).with our current squad.To judge our progress from last season.And to see if losing Quinton and gaining Leese is going to prove a good or unfortunate turn of events.

I agree. I will keep an eye on Braintree's results with interest. It just goes to show that most players were more interested in showing loyalty to Brad rather than ETFC. They were also more interested in earning a few extra £££ despite the extra travel involved.

Gradually we'll see a good few of those players dropping back down into the Ryman Prem when they grow unhappy at playing reserve team football for Braintree. Some will thrive, but the Braintree grass really won't be any greener for others.

I agree. I will keep an eye on Braintree's results with interest. It just goes to show that most players were more interested in showing loyalty to Brad rather than ETFC. They were also more interested in earning a few extra £££ despite the extra travel involved.

Gradually we'll see a good few of those players dropping back down into the Ryman Prem when they grow unhappy at playing reserve team football for Braintree. Some will thrive, but the Braintree grass really won't be any greener for others.

maybe then you should go watch them play and you can report back every detail about the former players and what they do. Why do you care? do you follow the careers of everyone who has left your work place ? Of course the players were loyal to the ex manager they see him as a mate , no players are loyal to any club these days in any league. money talks and if and when any of them try to come back lets hope they are told where to go

maybe then you should go watch them play and you can report back every detail about the former players and what they do. Why do you care? do you follow the careers of everyone who has left your work place ? Of course the players were loyal to the ex manager they see him as a mate , no players are loyal to any club these days in any league. money talks and if and when any of them try to come back lets hope they are told where to go

(1) Yes, I try to stalk each and every person who has left my workplace - my night vision goggles are invaluable.

(2) I don't think Andy should automatically tell any former players to take a hike should they want to return. People make mistakes.

I will watch out for Braintree this season with a great deal of interest .. it will show how good last seasons squad were, given they have largely moved together, and how we would have fared in a higher level.

I really enjoyed run in at end of season, and am thankful to them all for that.

With regards to players returning, I would personally welcome back most if the circumstances were right .. Harold leaving at the 1st opportunity for a second time possibly being the exception.

I will always wonder how the 94/5 winning team would have fared in the Conference had we been allowed up, but we will never know. in this instance we will get a view of how good we were.

People can always choose to ignore a thread they are not interested in.