Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough v Enfield Town

seemgee

Great result Haringey . Very pleased for Tom Loizou . ☺☺☺☺

Back to the drawing board for you Townies ??

We will get promoted when we are ready which we are clearly not.... played ok better team for long spells ... the missed pen was a kick in the cods... plenty of width which was good and some good football at times probably best we have played in a lot of games but again defensively too fragile .... no organisation when the oppo break quickly.... 

It was not to day that we lost our way but the numerous games which have resulted in draws. Practically all season the playing management appear invariable to have accepted  a draw as their first resort This has been seen too often especially at home where attacking players have been left on the side lines and only sent on in the last 10 or so minutes. But at this time of the season you have to be a little more adventurous and to me AL, in particular, does not seem to accept this concept. 

Possession of the ball is one thing but you need more players who know what to do with such possession. To me both Rumens and Blackman starting the game showed an unwillingness to take a chance. To day cried out for one extra attacker but even then it would have been hard. 

To even get into the play- offs I believe we have to win at least 5 of the last 6 games including wins over Carlshalton and Leatherhead. It's not impossible but it will need some courage and ingenuity by the management.   

Unfortunately I have to agree once again with Theo that we are still not prepared for promotion but we should still go for it. Having got this far I would rather go down with a fight than like a damp squib.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Personally I would have started with jay porter I think he’s been excellent box to box.... I thought the Greene substitution showed a good attacking intent in fairness to the management I thought the performance was pretty good obviously the penalty’s made a massive difference the only thing that cost us today was the same as Bognor last week...lack of organisation when the opponents break... we are scattered willy nilly across the pitch ... someone on the coaching staff need to tell the players where they have to be in all circumstances....

Can't agree more Theo. But have they the authority to do so and will certain players take notice.

I believe that next week will be the cruncher.  If we don't go all out from the start to take the game away from Leatherhead I will feel very frustrated. But even more disappointment for all the effort put in by so many people, mostly voluntarily, to try and and bring success to the club. 

It is now down to the playing staff and management to show whether the are up to the challenge. Remember AL's  goal for the season was to get an average of 2 points per match. This cannot be achieved but I would settle with 70 points as second best. Anything less must be seen as failure.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

We may well finish the season with the league's top scorer, but won't even make the play-offs.

Something needs to be changed at the beginning of the summer.

Contrast our season with that of Haringey. This is their first season in the Ryman Prem, and may conceivably be their only season here!

Edited by The Crowing Cockerel

Only two wins out of eleven games against the teams above us and no home wins at all against them shows where we are....  some fair players and a very good attitude has kept the season interesting but tactically poor... we need a coach that can connect the defence with the midfield it would be nice if the players were able to do it themselves but clearly that isn’t the case .... over 800 at the boro today and s noisy support... they definitely are doing something very well

CC your quite right but I have never believed that one player can make a team.

Also I have have been told many times by others, in no uncertain terms, that we cannot be compared with other clubs because of our finances. Not having seen any accounts I have been unable to argue the point. But I am sure a lot more has been expended this year than that of previous ones.

If my assumption is anything near to being right then, unless we are proved wrong by the end of the season, changes must come. Consequently I concur with you for action to be taken before the summer recess.

Again our friend on the Official Twitter made an amusing statement in finding it hard to sum up the today's game. He then went on to give a a perfect summary as to why we lost. He must be contemplating becoming an MP!!!!  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Everybody wants their team to do well and progress as far as they can up the non league ladder. However, I think ETFC has missed a golden opportunity to gain promotion from what is a a rather poorer league than last season. Still games to go, and anything can happen, but there hasn't been any consistency to our form. Had there been, then we could have been knocking on the automatic promotion position.