Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough v Enfield Town

seemgee

3 hours ago, andyetfc said:

Everybody wants their team to do well and progress as far as they can up the non league ladder. However, I think ETFC has missed a golden opportunity to gain promotion from what is a a rather poorer league than last season. Still games to go, and anything can happen, but there hasn't been any consistency to our form. Had there been, then we could have been knocking on the automatic promotion position.

Just about every team in the top ten can say that. It's as if nobody really wants to get into the playoffs.

TS, it seems you have missed Andy point. Which I believe was that with more consistency we could have been challenging for an automatic promotion place. A play-off position being  only a second option.

If AL had planned his campaign better in order to attain his goal of a 2pt average then we would be in the position that Andy advocates ie. 72pts. After all the 2pt average was AL preseason declared aim. Perhaps with hindsight he may now feel that it was a bit of an overstatement. Like so many others.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Strange one really.   I thought we set out with good intentions and was looking forward to the formation we started with....Ryan and Matt seemed to start well with focus on keeping the ball on the deck.

First time I'd seen Joe P play.....have to say I was expecting a little bit more.   Will say that thought Aaron was great when he came on and gave Haringey much more more to think about.

Seems as though the argument between Marc and Ryan has gone unnoticed..........whilst I love the competitive spirit it looked terrible lasting as long as it did and obviously when things started to go wrong second half then this was magnified......says alot when our Capt and probably the most vocal player at the back end up having a shouting match lasting a minute or two. 

Pity that billy couldn't convert his kick......may have been a different game had he scored however.

Our transition defence is pretty woeful.   Seems that every time we seem to lose the ball in an attacking third/position we are then backs against the wall and end up running away from their attacks.   With 5 in midfield the other day this makes it even more confusing as pretty sure their 3rd could easily sum our how solid/easy we look to break down.

I'll finish with saying this.     We should be higher up the league.   We're not.   2 years this team has been in the making and we are now worse off........I like our squad of players as I've said on here numerous times.

I don't like how many of our performances have been turgid(with a few exceptions) and also think Mulley would be crying out to protect our back 4 as we ALWAYS seem to be lacking that midfield protection.

Doh!

I want Andy to succeed. The problem is that I don't hear the fans saying 'keep the faith - he'll come good'. How long should we accept inconsistency and 'turgid' performances? Am I expecting too much?

I think we need some fresh ideas. We've lost momentum on the playing side.

Also thought his actions......Andy's at the end of the game spoke volumes.....

Yes on another day Billy scores....Mickey's shot towards back post isn't cleared etc.

However, the head in the hands......we were unlucky.....isn't the case.   We made a terrible error on the penalty.....no matter what happens someone deal with it.......can't be I'll leave it for you.

The 3rd goal.   No luck at all.......if I remember rightly we lost the ball in the final 3rd/half way line.....we had possession.   If I remember rightly Ryan falls over during the challenge.....Matty left trailing and then it's away at the races.  You can almost see it happening in advance.    I'd love to see this team succeed as much as the next fan but right now it feels a long long way off.

If it is a case of coming good.......then perhaps it's a 5 year plan................gulp.?

9 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

No CC you are not expecting too much only what you, like others, were led to believe. It is easy to talk the talk but much harder to put it in to reality what is being said. Consequently I total agree with your final sentiment. But as we have learnt in our every day lives it's very hard to be heard. 

I suspect that declining revenue from fans through the turnstiles will probably do our talking for us. Lose on Saturday and it really is 5 dead rubbers left. To be fair, I fancy the play-off ship has already sailed.

As long as only watching our games that's ok.

At this moment in time we have an outside chance of getting into the playoffs and winning the League cup. With Andy Leese in charge we will achieve neither, with Quinton, we'd stand a chance of doing both. I've been totally against Brad coming back after he took the whole team with him to Braintree but after suffering two seasons of Andy Leese's dull, negative football, I'd have him back in a heartbeat and learn how to bite my tongue !

Plenty of other options than someone who did that once and will do it again. Wondered why no other club has taken the chance?

Perhaps, like me, his contract was conditional. Or after being sacked he just wanted a break.  Remember his reason to leave was to move up, as did the players. I was disappointed in him leaving but then reflected on how I progressed my own career. It was like many others a complete case of back and forwards the norm in my chosen profession.

I don't know whether he even wants to return but given the possibility I know how I would vote. If the team were successful then it is also possible he may be offered better employment. But at least we would share in the success. Of course it could go the other way and many would soon want him to leave.That's the real world. Why is football expected to be different????

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Despite the pros and cons of Brad maybe returning one thing I’m sure we can all agree on is that with this squad at his disposal and an addition of a couple of central defenders (budget permitting) who can actually defend and not imitate cardboard cutouts this team would undoubtedly be much higher up this league

Personally I put the defensive problems down to the teams set up and tactics...  McLean and  Tafiq both had good reputations at higher level but were made to look very average playing for us.... I like Weatherstone but even an experienced defender like himself seems to look around wondering where everyone should be.... even when we had Purse we still seemed all over the place.... I’m not sure Mario has any influence over the defensive tactics so I’d like to see a complete coaching clear out ..... Brad did seem to get the best out of his players and I would certainly go into next season very hopeful if he was manager but that is just speculation....