Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Potters Bar Town

seemgee

As usual I respect your views LS and B. But having given my views on the initial appointment of AL  two years ago, for which I was severely castigated by all and sundry, I still retain my original conviction. Especially as much of what I said then has become  apparent to many of my then critics.Many of whom, seem now, to feel even more stronger than me on the subject.

However, due to my recent experiences on reflection I feel that there are more important things than worrying about who managers the club.   That is not to say I will still comment on what I see on the pitch.     

any decision to give AL more time can only come through loyalty rather than a logical footballing decision and in my opinion that is absolutely wrong... Players come and go and so do managers... people are quick to up and go when they have a better offer so where’s the loyalty then...

2 years.

In a weaker lague we are witnessing worse football.

Attendances are down

The overreactions on the sideline...Haringey away another example are far from ideal.

Im sure wages are increasing

However Im struggling to see the positives.

There seems to be a lot of commenting on here about rumours,I tend not to concern myself with them as usually they are not accurate.

Here are some facts.

Last season 17/18  (games played 46)

Points  56  position 16th ppg 1.22 goal difference  -8

This season 18/19 (41 games)1 to play

Points 61 position ,10th ppg 1.49 goal difference +21

Last season had 4 more games so by multiplying both ppg x42 will show parity.both rounded to 1 decimal place.

17/18   1.22 x42   51 points

18/19.  1.49 x42. 63 points 

That makes a 24.5% points increase on last season

29 more goals scored.

Yes I do concede this year's league is weaker.

And not forgetting the Velocity trophy we won.

We are in a much better place this year I feel especially with the re introduction of the u,23s team,(,which was down to Andy) 

Looking forward to next season

COYT

Edited by 72wembleyfinal

Can I mention another fact:

The quality of some football and performances has been terrible....people leaving early numerous times.    Our home form......oh dear.

We have NOT improved.....I take on board winning the smallest trophy too 

Quite a fair analysis 72W based on the factors you have used. But one factor which I know is hard to include is the cost ratio factor. What has it cost the club financially to attain the improvement you suggest. This is hard to define without seeing a simple Statement of Income and Expenditure relating to running of the Ist Team squad for this season.  

As we all know the problem with statistics is that they are only as good as the data used. In this case have you, in comparing  46 games against 41, considered the element of probability regarding the out come of the missing 5 games? 

To paraphrase Disraeli " Statistics and Damn Lies" is a trap we have all fallen into.

??

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

3 hours ago, 72wembleyfinal said:

There seems to be a lot of commenting on here about rumours,I tend not to concern myself with them as usually they are not accurate.

Here are some facts.

Last season 17/18  (games played 46)

Points  56  position 16th ppg 1.22 goal difference  -8

This season 18/19 (41 games)1 to play

Points 61 position ,10th ppg 1.49 goal difference +21

Last season had 4 more games so by multiplying both ppg x42 will show parity.both rounded to 1 decimal place.

17/18   1.22 x42   51 points

18/19.  1.49 x42. 63 points 

That makes a 24.5% points increase on last season

29 more goals scored.

Yes I do concede this year's league is weaker.

And not forgetting the Velocity trophy we won.

We are in a much better place this year I feel especially with the re introduction of the u,23s team,(,which was down to Andy) 

Looking forward to next season

COYT

A very good post. We have to give the manager more time. He has been unlucky with injuries and he has failed against the top  clubs but we are improving and with that in mind we should not change the manager unless results don't improve by late autumn

Look at it again in October after the cups.

We have been unlucky with injuries and failed aginst the top sides, but we were 9 points away from a play off place. Three defeats against sides we should have beaten were Home to Casuals, and away to Hornchurch and the, in my opinion worst result was losing at Kingstonian (who won one of their last 18 matches), and we might have been looking forward to an exciting end to the season.

Also too many goals against. We must tighten up in defence for next season.

The cost factor/budget keeps getting mentioned,and I think the actual facts will suprise,Andy's first team budget is no larger than last season,I know this because I asked the question(,if you don't believe me please ask yourself)..Andy manages his budget incredibly well,he is not afraid of making difficult decisions especially when letting players go to get in other players.I do not always agree with the decisions but that is football.Yes injuries have been terrible this season,and I think if MFaal had stayed uninjured we may have made the play offs.

Yes I witnessed some poor performances this season,we get them every season.

I have seen more younger players given game time this year,I would like to see even more used from the u23s next season,when we get an injury Instead of having to bring in cover say to the u23s now's your chance to step up.This won't happen over night but I am sure it's the way forward.

Under our previous manager we had no u23s

I think we need a bit of stability at the club,and I will be fully behind whatever decisions the board makes.But I really do hope Andy is with us next season.

COYT.

@seemgee

I agree to many home performances we should have won but ended up drawing,one example Haringey.B.

29 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

It is quite unbelievable that any supporter that had suffered the type of football that our manager plays would be happy to put up with more of it.... the least enjoyable two years of football I’ve had in my 50 years of watching... 

so why don't you point it out at the agm voice your opinions we got one coming up in the next few months

We’ve had this one before OT... and my reply is the same... if the board really do not understand the feelings of the supporters then they are out of touch... anyone that was satisfied with the football played this season do not share my view of being entertained..... I read the Facebook page with many supporters not going today even going shopping because their fed up with it... I can’t believe the club really wants to alienate the supporters....

Very interesting debate OT and you obviously have more insight than most into the inner running of the club. But you have a very naive solution to the situation. To the best of my knowledge there is no dissatisfaction by club members regarding the general management of the club by members or any movement a foot to change the Board. So why a vote. However, there is a single issue which appears to be dividing the supporters and that we all know is the question of Team management. 

Surely the Board are aware that many supporters are  currently concerned about this single issue. In order to seek a resolution I would suggest it cannot be beyond them to ask for guidance from all registered members, by ballot, what their individual views are on the subject are.

(I know the government have tried itwithout success. But that is only because to many MPs follow their own personal agend)

12 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Surely the Board are aware that many supporters are  currently concerned about this single issue. In order to seek a resolution I would suggest it cannot be beyond them to ask for guidance from all registered members, by ballot, what their individual views are on the subject are.

which as I said to do at the agm  or can we call for a meeting ?