Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Potters Bar Town

seemgee

Definitely end of season feel....and then some.

Matty worked hard as ever and was unlucky with effort off the bar...

You suspected that despite the score PB always looked dangerous on the break and Nolan pulled off a great save in the 2nd half.

Bilal lively when he came on and Mulley solid when replacing mickey.

Not sure what to make of this season really other than underachieving.

Yes   any trophy is welcome but we must be aiming higher.

I wonder how many of this squad we ll retain if Andy does indeed move on.   

So so frustrating.      Cant remember how many points Andy said we should get..... 

Humphhhhh

Great to be able to make it today,was a nice touch the club presenting the u15s, u18s and men's disability teams,all of whom either won a cup/cups the league or both.

The ultras were in great voice as usual.

For the first 25 mins we were exceptional,then we let PB back into the game.Josh was a well deserved MOM.

DWF I believe AL said that he was aiming for 2pts per match ie. a total of 84pts. This being the minimal yard stick required to stand a chance of actually winning a league.  To be fair I think he was being rather over optimistic. However with all the additional financial input I, with many others, felt that a place in the play-offs would be an acceptable improvement. 

Some weeks ago I said that 70pts would achieve this and that anything less would be a failure. 

If true Theo I am surprised that Budget discussions for next year are on going. Obviously the Board believe that there is enough satisfaction amongst supporters in what AL has achieved this year. Also that revenues are going to increase or at least stay the same.  I am glad that they are not my investment advisers. 

Very interesting we had 3rd lowest attendance in premier division today.  

Alot of teams having their last home game today......perhaps sign of things to come.....think if I remember last year was 7/800 at the same time but may stand corrected....

Edit.....that was probably last home gm before playoffs under BQ......

Edited by djwilf

It's been a very disappointing season considering the players that we've had at our disposal. Most of these players will move on over the close season without us seeing their true potential. Only one person to blame and I've said the same to all and sundry all season. If he stays, gates will be down to 300 ish at best. Interesting times for the board.

He has to go imo.

His body language after Potters Bar scored was totally embarrassing.

Head in hands,looking around to the stand throwing his arms in the air .

The board must act,the cup win was great for our club but it really doesn't make up for all the negative dross we as fans have had to endure this season.

On 22/04/2019 at 19:09, 4wembleyfinals said:

If true Theo I am surprised that Budget discussions for next year are on going. Obviously the Board believe that there is enough satisfaction amongst supporters in what AL has achieved this year. Also that revenues are going to increase or at least stay the same.  I am glad that they are not my investment advisers. 

If it turns out that the above is proven to be true then what we say on this Forum or at an AGM is obviously deemed irrelevant to the Board's thinking.  If it turns out to be so then it makes a mockery of our boast of being a members own club. However, there is little that we can do but await the outcome with the hope that it is just a rumour and that during the close season a new plan will be announced which addresses our concerns.

With out such a reassurance I cannot see myself renewing my membership or season ticket in advance of the new season. It is sad that |I should have to contemplate doing this but then I do not feel that I will be alone.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

14 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

If it turns out that the above is proven to be true then what we say on this Forum or at an AGM is obviously deemed irrelevant to the Board's thinking.  If it turns out to be so then it makes a mockery of our boast of being a members own club. However, there is little that we can do but await the outcome with the hope that it is just a rumour and that during the close season a new plan will be announced which addresses our concerns.

With out such a reassurance I cannot see myself renewing my membership or season ticket in advance of the new season. It is sad that |I should have to contemplate doing this but then I do not feel that I will be alone.

We vote members on to the board to run the club as it would be impossible to have every member vote on every decisions. If you're not happy with this stand for election and oust them. That's what makes us a fan owned club.

P.S. I don't agree with every decision they make.

I am glad to see that at least MB at last has arisen although he has again missed my point either by design or ineptitude . 

You will see that I was commenting on what was said to be a rumour that, if true, meant that the board were happy to retain AL by discussing with him next years budget. Again if the rumour were to be true all I was asking for, along with many others, is for the Board to be aware of the general dissatisfaction of the current playing management by supporters and the possible consequences which could arise next year.This to the uninitiated is called lobbying which usually only relates to one subject. 

In answer to your proposal, for myself, I feel I am far too old to stand or even sit for election. But I would willing support any like minded younger member to stand. But then he would have to appreciate that there is more to running a club like ours than just what happens on the pitch.

Other than that I have nothing nothing but admiration for those who give their time so generously for the welfare of the club. But obviously we do not agree on one aspect of the club. Ce la vie.

As someone who recommended AL for the job a good decade ago,i feel i can comment from a neutral viewpoint.He has not been a disaster and the trophy this season has been very welcolme.BUT i feel his two seasons in charge have been (at best) average and so has the playing style.I would say that over 75% of the fanbase would like to see a change of manager.I'm sure the board are fully aware of that.If they want to give AL one more season to prove himself then i will back the board in that decision.Even if i don't necessarily agree with it.