Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

league preditions

2 hours ago, the hare said:

The target was achieved and part 2 is to try and do it again so don't write us of just yet .......Thou i take your point it should be harder this season. But look who got promoted this season from the premier after only 1 season Biggleswade FC

More than equipped to do well in Prem. I think yourselves and Broadfields will both do very well. 

3 hours ago, the hare said:

The target was achieved and part 2 is to try and do it again so don't write us of just yet .......Thou i take your point it should be harder this season. But look who got promoted this season from the premier after only 1 season Biggleswade FC

If Harefield United finish in the top half this season that will be job done in my opinion. They had a very special season last season so for me they could finish in the top 3 they have plenty of very decent players. Will see......

25 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

More than equipped to do well in Prem. I think yourselves and Broadfields will both do very well. 

Have two teams that groundshare ever got promoted from the same league before?

22 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Good to see Bicks back in the dugout :thumbsup(2):

Yes, indeed, I assume that Craig's brush with the law a few years back is behind him now and he has been fully exonerated following the false accusations against him at the time

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:38, Winslow Boy said:

I didn’t know that Craig Bicknell was back in business and at Crawley. Expect him to assemble a very strong side and I see they dismantled Barton 8-2, I’d say they’ve just put the premier division on notice. 

Didn't Craig Bicknell used to post on this forum?

On 26/07/2019 at 22:48, Savagebee said:

Didn't Craig Bicknell used to post on this forum?

Pretty sure he did.

19 hours ago, Big J R said:

Pretty sure he did.

Thought so.

2 hours ago, Dailydose said:

You need a good 10 games to gauge it.

Agree.

A bit early but will have a go.

Prem

Tring - virtually whole new squad but players who have done it before and higher.

Crawley Green - if Watson and Lawless click will score loads. Billy Lobjoit is a fantastic player be interesting if he plays most of the season though.

Colney Heath - looks like the band is back together.

Div One

If they click, fancy Winslow got a good and tight squad. Deacon a very good signing at this level and Kedzierski always impresses. Most of these players won Div 2 with either Hale Leys, Thame and Clinton as well. Interested how manager does with step up to Saturdays.

Buckingham Athletic picked up the King brothers and Cruse from Winslow and think they’ll be up there.

Think New Salamis and Enfield Borough (despite them admirably progressing players) could be up there along with Harpenden.

Div Two

Obviously have a vested interest with my club Old Bradwell in this division.

Been a lot of changes over the summer with Clinton losing 5 players. Berkhamsted  have also lost a couple to Dunstable Town, but with their link up with Kings Langley expect them to be strong.

Bovingdon a bit of unknown as few gone to Harpenden and other clubs. Although think they have linked in with Hemel Town Academy.

Hopefully we will be up there again having kept all players from last season.

lots of other unknowns with loads of new managers, although I think this might be the first season in last 3 that a new club won’t win it.

9 hours ago, Munchkin said:

Prem

Tring - virtually whole new squad but players who have done it before and higher.

Yeah I had a look at there players on the Full - Time site and they do look to have a strong group of players.

11 hours ago, Munchkin said:

A bit early but will have a go.

Div One

If they click, fancy Winslow got a good and tight squad. Deacon a very good signing at this level and Kedzierski always impresses. Most of these players won Div 2 with either Hale Leys, Thame and Clinton as well. Interested how manager does with step up to Saturdays.

Buckingham Athletic picked up the King brothers and Cruse from Winslow and think they’ll be up there.

Think New Salamis and Enfield Borough (despite them admirably progressing players) could be up there along with Harpenden.

If Harpenden Town win Division One this season I'll eat Rhodes hat

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:55, Savagebee said:

Biggleswade United or Aylesbury Vale Dynamos for the league title for me.

Harefield United might be the surprise team in my opinion.

A great start for my three teams yesterday ?  but there's a long way to go and its very early days.

19 minutes ago, Dailydose said:

I guess there is a budget at New Salamis. I presume they had the ‘Leon McKenzie’ playing for them yesterday

Had heard Jay Simpson too, but think he playing for the Cypriot league side. Salamis and Panteleimon will both be up there, think there could be 6-7 sides all there or thereabouts and a few not far behind that. 

1 hour ago, Dailydose said:

I guess there is a budget at New Salamis. I presume they had the ‘Leon McKenzie’ playing for them yesterday

Leon Mckenzie scored two goals for them yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder why nobody has mentioned Stotfold for Division 1, the Roker Park Club moved heaven and earth to persuade Luke Gregson not to hang up his boots just yet after he walked away from Baldock Town and everything in the garden is already looking rosy with an opening day win at Buckingham Athletic and an impressive FA Cup victory over Premier Division Harpenden Town:

https://www.thecomet.net/sport/football/stotfold-ambition-tempted-gregson-out-of-three-week-retirement-1-6193683

• 7 months later...

It's interesting to go back and read this thread of predictions for the forthcoming campaign, we would never have guessed in a million years how it would prematurely end however Savagebee mentioned Biggleswade United, Aylesbury Vale Dynamos or Harefield United for the Premier Division which I couldn't see at the time but Biggleswade United was a good shout. Winslow Boy gave both St Panteleimon and New Salamis  in Division One but a couple of people laughably predicted Harpenden Town for the Premier Division although Munchkin later changed his mind, Winslow United were also touted but I couldn't see that as they always tend to shoot themselves in the foot sooner or later.