Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TOWN V CHESTNUTS

Out_Of_Towner

Hi fellow Towners, Its been a very long time since I have posted on here but I am in the area this weekend  from my retirement reatreat in Suffolk . Looking forward to tomorrow and i shall be attending the game with my wife.

Can't see anyting other than a routine 3 points against a poor looking  Cheshunt side which looks well  out of its depth and surely going  back down, and we should rack up the goal difference a bit  as well .  I predict a 3 or 4 goal goal margin here.

So pleased for Andy Leese after the negativity from some people last season. I knew he would come good in the end . Also glad the Hornchurch defectors hasn't done the damage I thought it would . 

I have a feeling this is our year at last . COY Towners. ?

Of course you will be favourites to win this game based on form but we are not playing as bad as our league position states there has been 5 or 6 games where we should have picked up more points but our finishing let us down. I won't be hiding behind any keyboard i will no doubt be having a beer with Keith Knight (Taco) who comes to watch the Ambers sometimes so feel free to come and chat. By the was O_O_T our name is Cheshunt so please have a bit more respect for a club that helped you out with a ground share some years ago, lets hope for a good game.

1 hour ago, Sweetnicker said:

Of course you will be favourites to win this game based on form but we are not playing as bad as our league position states there has been 5 or 6 games where we should have picked up more points but our finishing let us down. I won't be hiding behind any keyboard i will no doubt be having a beer with Keith Knight (Taco) who comes to watch the Ambers sometimes so feel free to come and chat. By the was O_O_T our name is Cheshunt so please have a bit more respect for a club that helped you out with a ground share some years ago, lets hope for a good game.

I was merely stating the obvious fact that I don't believe your club is  up to the standards of this level . No need to take it so personally.   BTW we have always referred to you as Chestnuts just like you and others call us Townies get over it .!!

Local derby matches are always close, feisty affairs, banana-skins waiting for slip-ups by the favourites, but today it didn't happen, so very well done to our guys on winning this one against our friends/rivals from Theobalds Lane. With two of the top four teams losing this afternoon, our win moves us up the Table to 3rd, just three points behind the leaders with two games in hand, and 4th placed Hornchurch our visitors on Tuesday evening. Definitely one not to miss!

How pleasing to note that Town are top of the IPL form Table with six straight league wins from our last six matches. Can't be bad!  Let's hear some praise and encouragement for Andy and the boys!

Finally, congratulations to our friends at Chichester City who went to Bowers & Pitsea in the FA Cup today and won 1-2 to reach the First Round Proper. What a fine achievement by a lower division side!

Edited by littlehampton
spelling error

Albeit Cheshunt will never be a derby for us ( it is for them obviously ), they brought a good support and a team that was definitely up for it but Edwards always does, doesn't he ? It was a tight game with their keeper keeping them in it in my opinion but our superior finishing won the game. Well done Andy Leese and team, you are giving us something to believe in at last. Long may it continue !

Fair dues . It was a fair result no complants from me . Pleased for Andy but dissapointed for losing the A10 derby. ?

I shall Ignore the above comment . A derby for us Indeed ??????

1 hour ago, Wildlife rescue said:

Albury-Walker.

Football aside as a Towner i will always be grateful for your club helping us out when we needed it the most.?

That was a business decision by the senior directors . You can't turn down cash this day and age. But thanks for the appreciation.

18 hours ago, Out_Of_Towner said:

I was merely stating the obvious fact that I don't believe your club is  up to the standards of this level . No need to take it so personally.   BTW we have always referred to you as Chestnuts just like you and others call us Townies get over it .!!

When we have a fully fit squad to pick from we will be fine in this league and as a club we are definately good enough for this level, i look forward to the return match at Theobalds Lane and lets hope for another good game and atmosphere.