Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Brightingsea Regent

seemgee

Surely the way to change things and get your point across if you're not happy with the situation is to speak with the board, and attend the AGM? I'm not arguing one way or another regarding the management etc. (that's been done to death), but if that's your opinion, then it would be much more constructive to try to do something to change things, rather than posting on an Internet forum. You could email questions / concerns to the board in advance of the AGM if you aren't able to attend, or don't want to ask questions in person. If you're correct in that the majority of members want change, then I would expect the board to at least take this groundswell of opinion into consideration when making decisions about management.

Barney, its 2020. Fans Forums are far from a recent invention. I would hope - in fact expect - that the Board would keep their ear to the ground. Other than the terraces and the bar, THIS is where fans discuss the club. It may not be an official avenue of communication, but in this day and age the Board need to keep abreast of the mood. Sure, there's the odd the trouble-maker from Cheshunt loitering around, but most of the other opinions are entirely valid and worth consideration.

If the Board are reliant upon people standing up at the AGM and asking questions in order to understand the mood of the fanbase then they are about 20 years behind the times. Ignore social media at your peril. Lets not forget that we have a President of the US who communicates policy (and his every thought!) via Twitter!

Yes and no, ultimately we are all (mainly) anonymous on here - I suspect that some of the board probably do read this, however I would take every comment with at least a pinch of salt as there no way of telling who is behind the comment, whether they have an ulterior motive, whether they are a member or not, whether they have any kind of agenda etc.

At least if you're asking a question at the AGM (anonymously or otherwise), it's pretty clear that you're a member.

Why do they need an AGM question and answer session to sack the manager??!! They have everything they need to know on the pitch on a saturday. Poor performances week in week out. No improvement from last year. Its as obvious as the nose on your face that needs to go.

But because he doesnt take a wage, thats more pennies we can save and we are putting that above the ambition and potential of the club

Funny how no board member  comments on my post on the  goals against ... the WORST of any of the top eleven ...NINE more goals conceded than Bowers and only one less than cheshunt....if we have such a good squad then why on earth can’t the manager organise them on the pitch.... I think your right on the on your last point ETFC17 there is no way a club with a promotion ambition would be satisfied with those stats....

8 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

Funny how no board member  comments on my post on the  goals against ... the WORST of any of the top eleven ...NINE more goals conceded than Bowers and only one less than cheshunt....if we have such a good squad then why on earth can’t the manager organise them on the pitch.... I think your right on the on your last point ETFC17 there is no way a club with a promotion ambition would be satisfied with those stats....

Perhaps it's because officially directors are not allowed on an unofficial forum but don't let that stop you.

14 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

Assuming you're a member, Theo, you'll have received an AGM email notification today. Perhaps email your observation in response to that email and then we'll see what AL says?

17 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Assuming you're a member, Theo, you'll have received an AGM email notification today. Perhaps email your observation in response to that email and then we'll see what AL says?

I'm affraid Andy talks the talk but cant walk the walk.

We are coming to the end of his 3yr plan and apart from a few exciting times and a reasonable cup run as a club are we any further forward.

Imo no we are not so I will be attending the meeting but wont waste my breath asking Andy any questions.

6 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

I really hope CC that our manager does not need telling of our appalling defensive record also remember that these figures are on the back of only eight goals conceded in the first ten games.... I wouldn’t mind if you could see any changes to the tactics to address this ...

I agree Theo. The suggestions being made that one should ask AL questions. For what purpose.??

What is the point? In common with many of us he is unlikely to admit that he is doing things wrong. Of course not. Probably you will may get a watered down version of his same old mantra , which has been reported on this forum.  He will assure you that he is trying ideas to reorganise the team but the players just don't listen. But even then this is again unlikely if there are players present. Therefore the whole exercise would be futile.

Football is about winning games. It is also judged by spectators on how you go about achieving this. I believe that the club has reach crossroads. The next few games will show us whether AL can work out which is the right road to take!!!  I sincerely hope so for all of us sake.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I think the comment ‘the club has achieved what we set out to ‘ on another thread speaks volumes for our mindset...the club has done fantastic to create what it has but has the ambition ended... do we really believe we can progress and most importantly do we really want to or will that cause us too many problems...

2 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

I agree Theo. The suggestions being made that one should ask AL questions. For what purpose.??

What is the point? In common with many of us he is unlikely to admit that he is doing things wrong. Of course not. Probably you will may get a watered down version of his same old mantra , which has been reported on this forum.  He will assure you that he is trying ideas to reorganise the team but the players just don't listen. But even then this is again unlikely if there are players present. Therefore the whole exercise would be futile.

Football is about winning games. It is also judged by spectators on how you go about achieving this. I believe that the club has reach crossroads. The next few games will show us whether AL can work out which is the right road to take!!!  I sincerely hope so for all of us sake.

Surely it doesn't take nearly three years to find out which road you should be taking!

49 minutes ago, andyetfc said:

Surely it doesn't take nearly three years to find out which road you should be taking!

In Andy's case it clearly has.

3 one year plans not a 3 year plan.

We have been going down the same dead end road for the last 3 seasons.

Maybe Andy's remit is to keep us mid table which is something he has done all his career,I may be wrong but I dont think he has ever led a team to promotion.

That has always been my view Andy and WR. But I was trying to suggest to our critics it is up to AL to show leadership, not us. What I was inferring is that the time for talking is nearing it's end. They have all to be judged on what happens in the next few weeks. When I say they, that includes the other senior playing staff.  It is their responsibility with AL to show they have the ability to motivate the players to get back on track to move forward and achieve at least a play-off place.

If they do I will happy to be the first to apologise for doubting them. If they don't then no doubt our critics will be saying it's our fault for being disloyal. I await the outcome.  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Listening to the Chairman on the non-league show he was certainly touting the club's ambition to be a strong Conference South side. I was pleased to hear that given concerns that the hierarchy were content with Isthmian Premier football. I'm hopeful that the next manager can match the Club's stated ambition.