Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ONE NIL DOWN - THREE ONE UP - THE BOOK

Dagger03

Hi Tony.  Two more please:

• Russell Clinton
  • Martin Clinton

Also - please drop "Baby Jago" from Eddie Wheeler.

Many thanks

John

Thanks John - and please pass on my thanks to Joe The Geordie, the leader of the Newcastle branch of our supporters club. 

Edited by Dagger03

To clarify, 2 for me, 1 in my real (classified on forum) name and 2) mark wootton.

title suggestion from me should be something like “all the way to Wembley - the journey of the pub team from hornchurch” or something like that. Wembley at the start and no spoilers in the title even though we knew we would etc.

I took this pic of the one tackle wonder as we left the stadium, welcome to use it for book if you like. 

Thanks - it's a great photo - can you send me a copy please - AFCHTM@HOTMAIL.CO.UK 9C5560CB-D694-4557-8A6A-EB407436B856.thumb.jpeg.abdfb3c9446fe4fb3f6170a8e9aabd9c.jpeg

9C5560CB-D694-4557-8A6A-EB407436B856.jpeg

Edited by Dagger03

Thanks to everyone who has subscribed so far - there is plenty of room for more so keep them coning.

Treeboy - It's a great photo - can you send me a copy please to AFCHTM@HOTMAIL.CO.UK  (I have downloaded it but might be able to get a better quality if you can send it to me)

PeteBeatz - Ozz - Obis - Bridge Fan - Digits - Can you remind me please of the name you want house in the book?

I am hoping to get comments on the Big Day from all of the players and the management team, which will make the book even better.

This is a book both for the supporters and for the players and everyone concerned with Hornchurch FC.

At one time we were just 'A Pub Team From Hornchurch'

We are now the best team outside the Football League - we have come of age. And we have the Trophy to prove it.

I am still trying to come up with a decent title - Treeboy has suggested "All The Way to Wembley - The Jurney Of A Pub Team From Hornchurch" - email me off list if you can come up with a better title please.

Tony

Pete Parish, Mark Jones, Keith Andres all amended and added to list, thanks.

There is still room for more subscribers - let's have as many as possible, we have won the Trophy, and we will be the 'team to beat' next season.

Edited by Dagger03

10 hours ago, LukeXIX said:

Stick me on the list - Luke Dyerson

Seeing as I’m writing a piece in it too I’ll happily sign copies for people ? the price will go up by 1p!

Did you ever speak to the lads you did that podcast with at Notts county after the semi final or final, wondered what they made of it all 

1 hour ago, Urchin Nutter said:

Did you ever speak to the lads you did that podcast with at Notts county after the semi final or final, wondered what they made of it all 

They messaged after the semi final wishing us luck in the final and said we deserved the win. One of them messaged me before the final sending their best wishes and hoped that we won!

UPDATE (31-MAY)

The book will include -

Contributions from Alex Sharp, Mark Stimson, Colin McBride, Norman Posner, our two commentators Jago and Luke, and ALL OF THE PLAYERS.

The first part is a review of 2019-20 as this was when Mark began to build the team.

Then a review of the current season. This is in two parts. Part 1 covers the Isthmian League and the FA Cup. Part 2  is the largest section and it covers all of our Trophy matches, both from our own viewpoint and also from our opponents.

There is a separate section devoted to the players, and another for our supporters.

PHOTOS - All the Trophy games, plus a special section on the Wembley final - at least 100 photos. 

Anyone who subscribes will have their name in the book - I would prefer to use your real name, rather than your pen-name, but it is your choice.

Very minor point Dagger but I have mis-spelt no 23.  He should be Elliot Coster (not Costa).  

Clearly a proper London costermonger heritage rather than a coffee making dilettante - which would surely have ruined our pub-team image once and for all.

Amended - just as well, as the Costa coffee at Wembley meant you needed a mortgage to get it 

Edited by Dagger03

• Dagger03 changed the title to ONE NIL DOWN - THREE ONE UP - THE BOOK
  • blackballed unpinned this topic