Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Updates

Etfckev

3 hours ago, Etfckev said:

Jerry has announced on Twitter he is leaving the club. 
Harold has signed for Cray Wanderers .

Think Andy said he'd considered Harold to have been our best-performing centre back before his injury against Horsham.

Lets hope the rebuild is in hand.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently looking rather light on confirmed strikers for the coming season with the lad from Risborough (Wyllie) and Cunnington our only confirmed options so far. 

Any idea where Mo's off to? (Presuming he must've started training somewhere by now).

Any news on Cass?

How about Sayoud?

Della-Verde?

If Cass, Della-Verde and Sayoud do sign on the dotted line (and Andy Leese indicated at the ETFCSS meeting last night that all 3 would), I think the squad is shaping up nicely.

Tough start to the season though (Folkestone home, Hornchurch away) and drawing Kingstonian away in the FA Cup preliminary qualifying round will be a stern test. Roll on the season!!

Also sounds like there is an outside chance that Mo Faal will still be around. Surprising that nobody from the Conference (or Conference South) has come in for him (yet). Good luck to him, he will be a fantastic addition for whoever he decides to play for (selfishly, I hope it is us) …..

6 hours ago, Benjrider10 said:

Tough start to the season though (Folkestone home, Hornchurch away) and drawing Kingstonian away in the FA Cup preliminary qualifying round will be a stern test. Roll on the season!!

Could be wrong, but can't see our name in the FA Cup Preliminary Round draw - and from the Kingstonian forum it looks like that fixture is actually a league match.

I too was some what confused by League fixtures CC, but I think that we don't start until the FA CUP, 1st Qualifying Round, which is the 3 September, where we have not been delegated a league game. The draw for this round has not been made yet. 

The dates in the margin appear to be only notes to show when the earlier rounds are being played.  If my assumption is correct then we are not due to enter the FA Trophy until the 3rd Qual round on 8th Oct, for the same reason as above.

Perhaps someone will correct me if my assumption is wrong

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Updates......where are they now who knows where to write this.

Just seen on fb..our new Centre Back plays for Cheshunt up the road.

Something doesn't quite sit right here, even at the level we're playing at.

Anyone shed some light on whether he is our player ....or should we not have announced him last week?

Really do hope we have zero fans going to that tournament if he is with us or did I imagine him shaking hands with Andy??

Confused.

18 minutes ago, djwilf said:

Updates......where are they now who knows where to write this.

Just seen on fb..our new Centre Back plays for Cheshunt up the road.

Something doesn't quite sit right here, even at the level we're playing at.

Anyone shed some light on whether he is our player ....or should we not have announced him last week?

Really do hope we have zero fans going to that tournament if he is with us or did I imagine him shaking hands with Andy??

Confused.

We're normally very very careful about announcing signings, so this seems very strange. Can't imagine it'd be any kind of dual registration situation as we'd've made that clear from the outset.

Cheshunt must've known we'd announced the signing before playing him at the weekend. I'd suggest we politely withdraw from our place in this Saturday's tournament and leave Cheshunt and Haringey to have a friendly. Thereby avoiding any possible issues on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

If his form hadn't dropped off in the final part of last season he could have been playing for us in the Conference South rather than Havant & W.

Nevermind.I think we need to move on from Mo.In the short term he did well for us and we did well for him.Good whilst it lasted but just another player going through the ever spinning revolving door.

Edited by lovely stuff

5 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

If his form didn't drop off in the final part of last season he could have been playing for us in the Conference South rather than Havant & W.

Nevermind.I think we need to move on from Mo.In the short term he did well for us and we did well for him.Good whilst it lasted but just another player going through the ever spinning revolving door.

There’s more to a team than just one player.

I agree with LS and Andy's comments. At the moment the clubs destiny lies in the squad we have. We can only hope they start well and see what follows. Who knows what players we may attract.  Success breeds success. 

But again it is still going to be a long season.  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals