Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

7 day approach rule breach.

24 minutes ago, Wildlife rescue said:

So Cheshunt play a centre half last night that signed  league forms for Town last Thursday and indeed played for us Sat.

Hope the FA throw the book at them.

Assuming there is actually something amiss (i.e. ETFC did actually register Frempah) then it looks like a real possibility of Misconduct under Rule E1(b). A complaint would need to be made within 14 days. Presumably it would then be for The National League to consider whether it would be appropriate for them to take any action against Cheshunt. Penalties might include the player's registration being cancelled and/or Cheshunt possibly being punished separately.

First things first: has there actually been a rule breach?

According to our Board members he signed league forms with our club Thursday night after training.

The club must act and more importantly keep us fans/Members informed as to what is happening.

There is a big push from Town fans to boycott Saturday's friendly tournament.

I definitely won't be attending.3

Without having all the info, I can't comment on what's happened (although it does seem a little bit off on the face of it), but I doubt there's any restriction on a player playing non-competitive matches for another club having signed league forms with us (every chance I'm wrong to be fair).

I see that Cheshunt have put a rather different spin on things: https://cheshuntfc.com/2022/07/21/kings-lynn-town-fc-join-us-for-our-community-cup-tournament/

Over to the FA now, and whatever happens, by the time they take into account legal fees, I suspect Cheshunt will decide it probably wasn't a signing worth making.

I see that Mr Frempah has played (and scored) for Cheshunt tonight. If he is properly registered for another club then he is not permitted to train with Cheshunt and certainly not represent them in any kind of fixture. Its not simply a case of Cheshunt trusting the player's assurance that he is unregistered. They would have to check for themselves.

There's no way that he could come back and play for Town now. The concern must be that Frempah will eventually find himself banned for a lengthy period with Cheshunt receiving a fine/costs and a 'sporting penalty'.

I'm not overly impressed with the way in which Cheshunt seem to have conducted themselves. Had a genuine mistake been made then I would've expected a more conciliatory response from the Ambers. Afterall, we're going to be neighbours far longer than Ben Frempah will be playing for either side. There's nothing to stop them approaching players - particularly pre-season - but the arrogance of their response on social media has been disappointing.

Still, I'm sure it will all come out in the wash!

The whole affair reflects poorly on the player (and on Cheshunt).

Frempah is (was) an experienced professional and must be familiar with registration formalities. He knew that he had signed registration forms with ETFC only a few days ago. Incredibly naive if he thought he could play a trial/friendly for another club mere days later and NOT cause a stink. I agree with LS. No way Frempah can be allowed back into the ETFC dressing room now. Andy signed him because he thought he would fit well with the team and set a good example. Sadly, the player’s actions speak for themselves. 

Cheshunt’s conduct is equally unbecoming. Somebody at Cheshunt FC approached Frempah to play. The question is whether that “somebody” knew that Frempah was registered with ETFC. I await with interest the result of the FA’s investigation. But to some extent that investigation is irrelevant. The player’s conduct demonstrates an utter lack of commitment or loyalty and Craig Edwards has already made his feelings on that plain:

https://cheshuntfc.com/2022/07/05/news-from-manager-craig-edwards/

I’d be pretty disappointed if I was a Cheshunt fan, to see Frempah in their team going forward. He’s done it to us, who’s to say he won’t do it to them?

I quite enjoy Albury Walker’s banter on this forum, it’s exactly what a local club rivalry should be. But this isn’t oneupmanship, this is conduct unbecoming. I hope Cheshunt do the right thing, send Frempah packing and clear the air with our manager and board. Their post about ETFC’s non-participation in this weekend’s Community Cup tournament was pretty ill-considered too.

I think this incident also higlights the bigger issue of player loyalty and the bond between supporters and the playing squad at this level.

The current league/FA rules on registartions and contracts allows and encourages a lack of loyalty from players to their clubs.This results in a revolving door policy for most clubs at this level.With high levels of players constantly coming in and going out of the door.As such the bond between supporters and the playing squad is hard to maintain and this results in an apathy amounst fans that effects revenue and attendances in the long term.

I still maintain that we should encourage players to commit for a whole season (or at least half a season).This need not cost the club much more money as a token/peppercorn weekly  payment can be arranged in the contact (with expenses being payed as usual on top of that)..I know we would probably lose out on some players as a result as some would not want to commit to the club for any lenghth of time .Maybe we would miss out on players such as MO who were looking to move on at short notice is any offers came in,but having this new poilcy would ensure only players with some sense of loyalty or commitment would want to sign for the club.A settled squad for the whole season would encourage the bond the fans used to have with players in the old days.

As a supporter who now can only make about one in three games,i find it very hard to keep track of which players we have .Who they are and what positions they play in.As soon as i get a sense of our squad it changes quickly and i am back to square one.

I suppose the main point for me is more about Cheshunt than ETFC. Cheshunt have some money, they've secured promotion and seem to have some exciting plans for the future. Their stated desire is to become a big non-league club. All very laudable for a club in a town with a population of only 45,000 people. At the same time, they've handled this situation with a rather 'small club' mentality. Its even reached the point where Cheshunt's manager (- who I know has something of a reputation,) is poking fun online. Perhaps the Cheshunt board and management have decided that they want to be seen as the new Billericay? We all know how that ended.

It was Cheshunt’s responsibility to verify that whatever the player told them was correct. A 30-second internet search for “Ben Frempah” would have found ETFC’s post announcing his signing. The Cheshunt secretary is in an awkward position.

Interesting that CC says there is evidence the Cheshunt manager has been poking fun on-line. I can’t be bothered to look but if this is so, he’s a fool. Can’t respect a manager who posts just a couple of weeks ago that he has released 2 of Cheshunt’s squad from last year because they weren’t committed to the club, only to have no problem poaching a player registered with a different club and completely ignoring the rules. Our (ex) PM has found to his cost that people who say one thing but do another, eventually get caught out. 

Edited by Benjrider10

2 hours ago, Benjrider10 said:

It was Cheshunt’s responsibility to verify that whatever the player told them was correct. A 30-second internet search for “Ben Frempah” would have found ETFC’s post announcing his signing. The Cheshunt secretary is in an awkward position.

Interesting that CC says there is evidence the Cheshunt manager has been poking fun on-line. I can’t be bothered to look but if this is so, he’s a fool. Can’t respect a manager who posts just a couple of weeks ago that he has released 2 of Cheshunt’s squad from last year because they weren’t committed to the club, only to have no problem poaching a player registered with a different club and completely ignoring the rules. Our (ex) PM has found to his cost that people who say one thing but do another, eventually get caught out. 

Quite humorous, but I'm not sure the Cheshunt Manager should really be getting involved in the banter given the circumstances. Still, its a matter for Cheshunt how they wish to present themselves.

320449030_CraigEdwardsTwitter.thumb.png.381a8cbb5c29290ccd5bef0433a0d126.png

4 hours ago, Benjrider10 said:

Maybe they had the wrong spelling of his name! Who knows? 

Not too sure what's going on with all this as I tend to switch off from football during the summer .. I'll find out later .

But it looks like a festering case of sour grapes to me .  

Who would have thought that little Cheshunt are a league above the mighty Enfield Town. ?

6 hours ago, RoseDale Ron said:

Not too sure what's going on with all this as I tend to switch off from football during the summer .. I'll find out later .

But it looks like a festering case of sour grapes to me .  

Who would have thought that little Cheshunt are a league above the mighty Enfield Town. ?

Form (and big spending owners) are temporary..Class is permanent.