Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

7 day approach rule breach.

As far as i have heard no rules have been broken, and please don't compare us to Billericay there is no comparison, in fact i would say the Enfield Town budget was way ahead of ours last season and will probably be more next season. I'm sure Mo Faal played for peanuts last season.

I too "S nicker" am not sure what rules have been broken. Basically the FA's Laws and Rules have only fallen into my legal province once when I was involved in the winding up of a certain well known Football League Club several years ago. Prior to them  going into administration. The legal thinking of the FA left me a bit bewildered.

But using someone, for what ever reason, contracted to another person must be wrong in common law.

In this simple example, if the person in question is seriously injured, whose insurance would he expect to use for cover during his inability to perform the actions of his contract? Also who would be held responsible for his welfare. One could think of many more examples. 

One can laugh but a claim for compensation would soon take the smile of their face!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

9 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

I too "S nicker" am not sure what rules have been broken. Basically the FA's Laws and Rules have only fallen into my legal province once when I was involved in the winding up of a certain well known Football League Club several years ago. Prior to them  going into administration. The legal thinking of the FA left me a bit bewildered.

But using someone, for what ever reason, contracted to another person must be wrong in common law.

In this simple example, if the person in question is seriously injured, whose insurance would he expect to use for cover during his inability to perform the actions of his contract? Also who would be held responsible for his welfare. One could think of many more examples. 

One can laugh but a claim for compensation would soon take the smile of their face!!!!

Claim for compensation? Wouldn’t really think the club would want to go through the courts. Leave the matter with the authorities and move on, just like the player did.

2 hours ago, Sweetnicker said:

As far as i have heard no rules have been broken, and please don't compare us to Billericay there is no comparison, in fact i would say the Enfield Town budget was way ahead of ours last season and will probably be more next season. I'm sure Mo Faal played for peanuts last season.

The fact that Enfield Town hold league registration forms signed by the player constitutes a rule break in my eyes.

Maybe your guys think rules don't matter but let's see what the FA have to say.

16 hours ago, Sweetnicker said:

Henceforth the little village club up the A10 will be known as Chesericay.

If you think Mo was on big bucks then you really have no idea about ETFC.

In the circumstances, assuming Frempah was registered correctly by ETFC, then I would expect Cheshunt to be reprimanded by the FA. Had this happened mid-season, then it would've been a fine and points deduction. I would much rather find out in July that a player has no loyalty to the club than later on, so thats all well and good. The damage to the relationship between the two clubs is a much more unfortunate side-effect with the blame for that certainly being laid at Chesericay's door.

1 hour ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

In the circumstances, assuming Frempah was registered correctly by ETFC, then I would expect Cheshunt to be reprimanded by the FA. Had this happened mid-season, then it would've been a fine and points deduction. I would much rather find out in July that a player has no loyalty to the club than later on, so thats all well and good. The damage to the relationship between the two clubs is a much more unfortunate side-effect with the blame for that certainly being laid at Chesericay's door.

Chesericay has a nice sound to it.    Chesericay FC from now on. :)

Just throwing my hat in the ring Andy. Don't really know enough about what happened, other what I have read, so will have to wait and see what comes out. 

By the way it is the loser who usually pays the costs. 

However, it would seem we have added to our defence so perhaps the problems solved for on the field.

Just throwing my hat in the ring Andy. Don't really know enough about what happened, other than what I have read, so will have to wait and see what comes out. 

By the way it is the loser who usually pays the costs so if we have a case that should be accounted for.

However, it would seem we have added to our defence so perhaps the problems solved for now.

4 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Just throwing my hat in the ring Andy. Don't really know enough about what happened, other than what I have read, so will have to wait and see what comes out. 

By the way it is the loser who usually pays the costs so if we have a case that should be accounted for.

However, it would seem we have added to our defence so perhaps the problems solved for now.

Does anybody know exactly what happened or do we just rely on what people think happened?

11 minutes ago, andyetfc said:

Does anybody know exactly what happened or do we just rely on what people think happened?

The club has recently discovered an issue concerning the registration of a player.

This has been raised with the Football Association who will rule over the matter in due course. The other club involved is Cheshunt.

Given the dispute the club has decided not to partake in the tournament at Theobalds Lane this Saturday.

The club apologise for any inconvenience caused and will make donations to the charities connected to Saturday’s event.

I doubt ETFC would be taking this to the FA if there were no issue.

Let s see what the FA decide once theyve got all the evidence together.

4 Wembley Finals Posted "But using someone, for what ever reason, contracted to another person must be wrong in common law."

The law can only offer compensation. Since Frempah had not played in a senior game for the club and I doubt if he received any wages or signing on fee then, in theory, I dont see how Enfield Town can make a case under common law. They are in the same position now that they were in before they signed the player and so have made no loss.

As for breach of rules. We must look to the FA to decide the situation there. IMV we are told that he had signed forms for Enield Town and Cheshunt did not, as they are obliged to do under FA rules, make a 7 day approach; therefore Cheshunt are clearly in breach of the rules and, as has happened in recent Enfield history, they should suffer a punishment. Town had points deducted which cost us a play off spot. If Cheshunt struggle next year a 3 point deduction may be the difference between relegation and survival.

1 hour ago, Steph said:

4 Wembley Finals Posted "But using someone, for what ever reason, contracted to another person must be wrong in common law."

The law can only offer compensation. Since Frempah had not played in a senior game for the club and I doubt if he received any wages or signing on fee then, in theory, I dont see how Enfield Town can make a case under common law. They are in the same position now that they were in before they signed the player and so have made no loss.

As for breach of rules. We must look to the FA to decide the situation there. IMV we are told that he had signed forms for Enield Town and Cheshunt did not, as they are obliged to do under FA rules, make a 7 day approach; therefore Cheshunt are clearly in breach of the rules and, as has happened in recent Enfield history, they should suffer a punishment. Town had points deducted which cost us a play off spot. If Cheshunt struggle next year a 3 point deduction may be the difference between relegation and survival.

I'd've thought it'll be automatic relegation for Chesericay.

I acknowledge and accept your observations Steph.

My comments regarding compensation were made purely on my assumption of the contents of the contract, or written undertaking, entered into. Especially regarding as to what benefits were included, ie.  health and injury insurance, financial rewards etc. 

But as I said before as we seem now to have reasonable cover in defence we will have to await the findings of the FA . Especially as the club have put the matter in their hands.

For me, like many others, the most important thing at this moment is that we start the season on a winning run!!!!! 

On 25/07/2022 at 22:02, dwhe said:

Haha I love it.

Now that Chesericay are massive, who knows, they might even get their own forum so we can troll them ? ??

You are more than welcome to troll us here, in fact some of your ultras are already doing so https://www.facebook.com/groups/290277116619845

On 24/07/2022 at 12:43, The Crowing Cockerel said:

This little village club are doing ok and not spending big bucks either, who knows if you are lucky we may draw you in a cup match and give you chance to see what the NLS is all about.

On 25/07/2022 at 22:02, dwhe said:

Haha I love it.

Now that Chesericay are massive, who knows, they might even get their own forum so we can troll them ? ??

How Sad that you feel the need for petty name calling . Just the sort of behavior I'd expect from those so  green with envy.????? .

35 minutes ago, Albury_Walker said:

How Sad that you feel the need for petty name calling . Just the sort of behavior I'd expect from those so  green with envy.????? .

We were all getting along just fine - there was even going to be a Community Cup game between us - and then you Chesericians decided that the rules didn't apply to you! And then your little weirdy-beardy manager decided that was quite amusing! So don't come round these parts claiming the moral high ground, Albs!

Your a strange lot over here. 

Big fines ?

A ban for Frempah ?

A  3 -12 points deduction ?

Automatic Relegation ?

Compensation ?

A hint of a court case ?

And on your FB site someone wants to hang one on Frempah. Not that they'll have the bottle  ? 

Just to say thanks to the few who showed up on Saturday .Not all of you are so easily lead .

And don't forget to pay your £10 membership like good little club shareholders. God help you all if the ship sinks ?

Edited by Albury_Walker

Your You're a strange lot over here. 

Big fines ? - A few £k is definitely small fry for you big time Charlies at Chesericay.

A ban for Frempah ? - The cancellation of his registration at Chesericay seems to be the least the FA would do, looking at previous cases.

A  3 -12 points deduction* ? * See below

Automatic Relegation ? * - I'm not sure the Spartan South Midlands League deserve you, but it seems about the right level.

Compensation ? - Automatic relegation will be sufficient compensation.

A hint of a court case ? - Perhaps they can televise it?

And on your FB site someone wants to hang one on Frempah. Not that they'll have the bottle  ? - Mr Frempah clearly knows how to make friends, bless him. 

Just to say thanks to the few who showed up on Saturday .Not all of you are so easily lead. - Not overly surprised that there were only a few fans in total.

And don't forget to pay your £10 membership like good little club shareholders. God help you all if the ship sinks ? - Unlike Chesericay, the ETFC ship is not reliant on a benefactor of any kind. I'm willing to bet it floats the long of the two. ?