Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Top of the league again...

JRinBelfast

I really don’t like playing Brightlingsea, nothing against the club but we just can’t seem to play well against them. We’re unlikely to be playing them next season. Scrappy goal to go behind to and we just couldn’t seem to get going in the way we know we’re capable of. Equaliser came relatively quickly, I thought that Ade was going to blast the ball through the net, that was hit hard. 

second half better but still the frustration was there until the second goal went in, massive relief from the home fans! Once Liam got that goal , things were much more relaxed. 

deserved winners and Stortford losing very late means that we’re top of the pile. That was the easy part, the hard work starts now with a game on Tuesday (against a Wingate side running into form unfortunately) that can give us a bit of breathing space.

Some very tricky fixtures in the pipeline, Enfield, Carshalton , Horsham and Billericay won’t be doing us any favours but we critically got the 3 points today and it’s in our hands. Well done to the guys for not letting that early goal stop them and getting the win. COYU 

Firstly i think the first half we wasn't at the races but turned things around in the second half with a much more united performance. 

Agree its unlikely we wont be playing Brightlingsea next season  and quite frankly I hope we don't. Their attempt to tarnish our enjoyment at being top of the league by calling our own fans Ferrell and a bunch of to$$ers on twitter is quite frankly childish.

This however always seems to happen when we beat them either at their ground or at home in the last couple of seasons. One minute they complain we leave the changing room in mess and then as i said the above, obviously cant take losing to a better class of team. As the table shows we are top (currently) and they are in the bottom four!! Very sour grapes.

I'm really pleased with the number of young people we are getting through the gates. They choose to come and don't want to be treated like they would in school with strict rules - most behave very well. We have ball boys on the tracks but maybe we should have some security people on there too - they would see any bottles thrown at official's and anything that looks like it might escalate - we remember what some of the conference south games were like so would be best to prepare. 

13 hours ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

Firstly i think the first half we wasn't at the races but turned things around in the second half with a much more united performance. 

Agree its unlikely we wont be playing Brightlingsea next season  and quite frankly I hope we don't. Their attempt to tarnish our enjoyment at being top of the league by calling our own fans Ferrell and a bunch of to$$ers on twitter is quite frankly childish.

This however always seems to happen when we beat them either at their ground or at home in the last couple of seasons. One minute they complain we leave the changing room in mess and then as i said the above, obviously cant take losing to a better class of team. As the table shows we are top (currently) and they are in the bottom four!! Very sour grapes.

re the feral and bunch of to$$ers.

For a totally strange reason I was on the east side next to the Brightlingsea fans, who were being goaded by the youngsters, all the usual stuff. However something was said towards a supporters partner and it became personal. The Brightlingseas fans did really well in defusing their fan. However security were standing directly next to them and did not really do anything.

It is great to see our youngsters attending but it was sad to see that the younger generation do not understand they are a reflection of our club.

So maybe us adults need be more vocal and involved with our younger fans. 

"a game of two halves"

Not exactly my favourite match and one that will soon be forgotten thankfully. But three points in the bag and other results sent us back to the top of the league with games in hand.  So a good day in all!

I had hoped for a lot more support, considering Dag & Red, & West Ham were not playing,  if we are to progress we need to improve our attendances.

Roll on Tuesday!

The club have clearly taken quite a bit of action to curtail the activity of some of the younger fans but there's still a certain minority of younger fans causing problems and having been on the receiving end of this at Lewes, it's not pleasant. Think it would help if the stewards wore clothing that was more hi-vis so they are more prominent

Edited by cup of tea

Re the younger element we do need to crack down on the bad behaviour. I’ve been a supporter for 20 plus years and the behaviour I’ve witnessed this season is a disgrace. The good supporters are a a credit to our club, but these youngsters don’t add anything to our club. Watching them walking two abreast shouting’f***k Aveley’ at the end of that match was a disgrace. They don’t pay to enter the ground and they are bringing the club into disrepute. 

From Brightlingsea twitter. Our reputation is going down the pan:

Deserved your win 👏👏
Your club seriously need to address the issues of your feral youth support, it was the same last season. 
We all want youth at our clubs as that’s the future but trust me your future is bleak if you don’t get to grips with this problem within your club