Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Steve Morison

Wow interesting signing as new manager but a player with pedigree and new to management 

I'm optimistic for the new season that he can inspire the players and also add some extra quality 

Welcolme to the club Steve Morison

Up the Urchins

Edited by PONY TAILED URCHIN

Hope you don't mind me commenting.

Interesting seems to be the key word in the comments around social media. I think it may work out well for both Hornchurch and SM. Do I see SM remaining manager for many years to come? No, I'd've thought he'll be using this as a springboard. I guess that would also suit you guys too. You need a manager who can come in and do that little bit better than Stimson - that would be no mean feat for any manager previously in the non-league game. Add in the fact that 2023-24 is likely to see the toughest Isthmian Prem for some time, and (regardless of budget) any club is going to need a manager who might be able to produce a little bit of magic in order to win the league. A character with connections like SM has got to be as good as anyone when it comes to getting you into the National League and offers a completely fresh approach.

1 hour ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Interesting seems to be the key word in the comments around social media. I think it may work out well for both Hornchurch and SM. Do I see SM remaining manager for many years to come? No, I'd've thought he'll be using this as a springboard. I guess that would also suit you guys too. You need a manager who can come in and do that little bit better than Stimson - that would be no mean feat for any manager previously in the non-league game. Add in the fact that 2023-24 is likely to see the toughest Isthmian Prem for some time, and (regardless of budget) any club is going to need a manager who might be able to produce a little bit of magic in order to win the league. A character with connections like SM has got to be as good as anyone when it comes to getting you into the National League and offers a completely fresh approach.

Well said, a sensible perspective indeed.

I totally agree this season will be a tough one, like many i have thanked Stimmo for his time with us and what he achieved. 

However now just felt the right time for a change and fresh approach, if it doesn't work out sure we will be ridiculed for it across socials and on here most probably by the previous regime but we have to get behind the club and push again.  SM connections and pedigree within the game will hopefully be a great asset for the club, if he is only here for a couple of years whilst he builds his reputation up that's fine because that will mean we have been a success.

Oh and good luck next season but not too much of course and look after Mickey!

Edited by CraigDavid

6 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Discussion is always welcome TBH. I have found it to be an amazing appointment. Looking at SM's previous style, we only need a few more youngsters in and bobs your uncle we should have an excellent squad. My only observation is, how long can keep hold of him. (if only Mickey had stayed)

So saying its an interesting signing and going to be an interesting season and then saying I'm optimistic is some how NEGATIVE!

None of us have said anything to put the new Manager down or the club!

Fact is it is an interesting signing and gives us an optimistic outlook for the season ahead as the new gaffer in his own words may look to bring a few players in to add to our squad and try to find those extra 6 points if that's not a reason to be optimistic then please explain!

26 minutes ago, PONY TAILED URCHIN said:

So saying its an interesting signing and going to be an interesting season and then saying I'm optimistic is some how NEGATIVE!

None of us have said anything to put the new Manager down or the club!

Fact is it is an interesting signing and gives us an optimistic outlook for the season ahead as the new gaffer in his own words may look to bring a few players in to add to our squad and try to find those extra 6 points if that's not a reason to be optimistic then please explain!

Think you need to re-read my posts. None were directed at you. I've got no reason to explain anything to you.

I’m going to take the appointment at face value which is a really exciting appointment by the board showing their ambition and get behind the club. Yeah it might not work out, nothing is guaranteed in life and I think it’s going to be a tough season but I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen. Good luck to Mark Stimpson, hope he does well at Grays.

Think it’s time to ignore the negative posters on here (although I reserve the right to have a little moan if we have a bad game 😂)

1 hour ago, cup of tea said:

I’m going to take the appointment at face value which is a really exciting appointment by the board showing their ambition and get behind the club. Yeah it might not work out, nothing is guaranteed in life and I think it’s going to be a tough season but I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen. Good luck to Mark Stimpson, hope he does well at Grays.

Think it’s time to ignore the negative posters on here (although I reserve the right to have a little moan if we have a bad game 😂)

I agree, lets see how the season pans out

On 10/06/2023 at 21:26, Jumpers4Goalposts said:

Is he fairly new to management or am I missing something?

Yes i believe so.

I did read something about him managing Cardiff under 21's (feel free to correct me here, if ive read wrong) so first time managing at non league level.

4 minutes ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

Yes i believe so.

I did read something about him managing Cardiff under 21's (feel free to correct me here, if ive read wrong) so first time managing at non league level.

I believe he managed the 1st team

On 10/06/2023 at 21:26, Jumpers4Goalposts said:

Is he fairly new to management or am I missing something?

Steve Morison announced his retirement from playing in October 2019. Having already gained his coaching badges, he was appointed Northampton Town's under-18 coach, before later joining Cardiff City as the lead coach of the club's under-23 team. Morison was appointed as first-team manager of Cardiff City in November 2021 before signing an 18 month contract after guiding the Bluebirds to safety in . Morrison was sacked in September 2022 .

FYI

21 minutes ago, Digger. The. Cat! said:

Steve Morison announced his retirement from playing in October 2019. Having already gained his coaching badges, he was appointed Northampton Town's under-18 coach, before later joining Cardiff City as the lead coach of the club's under-23 team. Morison was appointed as first-team manager of Cardiff City in November 2021 before signing an 18 month contract after guiding the Bluebirds to safety in . Morrison was sacked in September 2022 .

FYI

So nothing since Sept 22?