Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mr David Bryant

A number of postings today have reported the sad passing of our first Chairman and wonderful supporter.

i spent some years on the Board with Dave and he was always totally involved in every debate.

Dave always placed the Club top of his list to ensure full support.

There is no doubt that without Dave , there would be no E T F C.

R I P Dave

Found out early this morning and asked not to share until made 'official'.

Tragic loss to ETFC.

Watched EFC at Southbury in the 70s with him, and Paul Millington. Had some mad away days 🤭, and the reason I returned to ETFC in 2017.

Always a passionate, loyal and friendly man.

Hope after the temporary renaming of the ground we can name an end after him.

Thank you Dave, may you rest in peace.

Edited by WXEn8

Very saddened by this news.

Started supporting the old EFC in the early seventies and travelled by the supporters club coach to as many away games as I could with him and others of our age at the time. 

Very fond memories of those good old days.

Dave R.I.P. and condolencies to his family and friends

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad news indeed. I met Dave only once. It was very in the club’s history in September 2001. My wife and I had flown to London from where we were to take a coach tour around Europe. Problem was we flew in on 9/11 and when we arrived we found that all tours were cancelled because of the twin towers atrocity. We were told that they would put together some tours in a few days,so we stayed on.

First thing I did was look for a football match to watch and I saw that ETFC were playing at Barkingside so I hopped on the Central Line and found Barkinside’s ground right next to the station. The first person I met inside the ground was Dave. I cannot remember who introduced themself first but Dave immediately got the club’s photographer to take a picture of me with the manager Jim Chandler. The photo was in the next home game programme. I think I was wearing my Knox City FC shirt (I am a life member of this club in Melbourne). 

Dave then told me to go with him at half time to the Barkingside directors room for a cup of tea and refreshments. To round off a good day we won 4-1 in what would have been only the fourth of fifth official game. That was the only time I met Dave in person but it was a pleasure. I have been receiving his emails about upcoming games and other issues right until he passed away. The Club has lost an important member RIP.

PS you might wonder why somebody in Australia follows ETFC. Easy answer - born and raised in Carterhatch Road, Eastfield Road Primary, Enfield Grammar School. Met an Australian girl who was working in London and moved to Melbourne. Followed Enfield FC since the mid 1950s. I remember the halcyon days of league and cup success including wagging work to watch the cup final v Skelmersdale and other successes.

Best wishes for the future.

Wonderful page of tributes to Dave in today's programme (v Cheshunt). Hope the board continue to print them ALL not that small selection?

Also, difficult bullet to bite...but somebody's going to have to remove poor Dave's name and update our directors' list 😕

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear this.I have just arranged to sponsor the game against Chatham Town in memory of my dad who passed recently,he was at the first game at Brimsdown and was a regular visitor to Donkey lane up to a few years ago.And now to hear this news is very sad,Dave and I met in our early teens through our love of fishing,and had remained friends ever since.

Rest in peace my friend.