Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

urchins 2 - 1 dulwich hamlet

Ian_W

Good result. A tight game and the Dulwich keeper made some excellent saves.

Fine goal from Cross who I was very impressed with.

Exactly what the Dulwich fans where saying UM. Bit of a liability by all accounts.

Who gives a [****!!****] though, we are through. Nice easy game next up please.

Fair play to 'wich, looked good on the break, but final shot let them down.

Job done!

Decent game last night which i thought you lot made hard work of

Elms and Bostock look very good players and thought the 10 (parker i think) didnt really do much

Dulwich looked decent up until they got anywhere near goal and then did nothing with the ball

I liked when dulwich scored and the reaction of their fans that were standing next to the eastside

Simon Parker looked a little lacking in confidence for me, but his work in the second half was excellent.

I thought their keeper for this level was very good. He wasn't the biggest of blokes but he made some superb saves. Fair game to Dulwich. I overheard a couple of them moaning at the end that they should not have conceded that penalty, but it was a poorly timed challenge.

One thing I will say is that Dale may have been lucky not to have received worse punishment after the horrendous error in defence put that Hamlet striker through.

i thought yellow was fair. red was always going to be harsh. it seemed to me as if dale hardly touched the bloke. the bloke new something would happen if he went down. even dale said so himself in the car. said he didnt get much on the bloke.

like you say lucky he knocked it towards the corner otherwise it could have been a much different outcome!

Originally Posted By: dagger04
It was never a yellow card - it was a simple collision caused by a mix up between Dale and the other defender (sorry, forgotten who it was).

But it does illustrate that it is not advisable to have no second keeper on the bench in cup games.

you are still in need of new glasses daggsy if you thought that it was a simple collision.... grin

and the manager knows full well that goalkeeper cover is required in ALL games which is why he has it....

stick to the reports mate and let others do what they do best...