Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

and not one shot on goal...

Uncle Urchin

from either side...least said about todays game the better other than to say that a draw was about the fairest result from two hardworking but frankly dour teams lacking that spark of inspiration on the day.....it can't get any worse on tuesday.......half decent crowd of 630 with about 200 very noisy good humoured and well behaved darts fan in attendance who seemed to be enjoying themselves...sincerely hope they did...nice people..

a busy day for the clubhouse and ground staff with our seasoned drinking campaigners...the thirsty darts and our kevs birthday lunch (happy birthday mate and thanx for all the hard work you do for us) applause..

well done everyone and onwards to tuesdays replay....I shall be there... excited

for anyone whos not been to dartford's new ground before it is fecking weird you walk into the ground and then have to walk down steps to get to pitch level,advice about the pies they are £2 each but 5 mintes from the end they walk around the ground selling them for a pound each,i decide to haggle and got one for 50p, also your not allowed to smoke anywhere in the new stadium.

yes smokings banned throughout the stadium and you will be dejected if your caught,they open the gates at half time for the smokers.inside the ground as well theres a strange wooden sculpture called the oak man which is 20 metres high,the whole place f'ucked my head up.

Originally Posted By: richard193
yes smokings banned throughout the stadium and you will be dejected if your caught,they open the gates at half time for the smokers.inside the ground as well theres a strange wooden sculpture called the oak man which is 20 metres high,the whole place f'ucked my head up.

ha ha...they aint been uncled yet... devil

I am used to being dejected.

yes smokings banned throughout the stadium and you will be dejected if your caught,

Dejected or ejected?

Some very complimentary remarks on the Dartford Forum about our Stadium and yesterday's hospitality.

.... A fair result and an enjoyable day out with a very good clubhouse and well layed out amenities on both sides of the ground from toilets to tea bars and burger/hot dog vending in plentiful supply, served quickly and politely with plenty of grub available.....

.... The circulation of team sheets in the bar was a very good P.R. idea and allowed us all to discuss the team selection in advance of the game.....

.... There's not much more to be said about the game that hasn't already been said here. What I will say is, that running track aside, that has got to be one of the best grounds we have been (will go to?) this season. The facilities i.e. the bar were excellent and food provisions ample, hot and tasty - better priced too than Bromley To actually find a wheelchair accessible toilet in the ground (not the bar) was the icing on the cake. From where we were standing by the directors box there were a few 'foul-mouthed' chants coming from the home fans, but the DFC choir was easily out-singing them. That said, we were made welcome and I look forward to the hospitality being reciprocated when the Urchins come to PP on tuesday nite.....

Well done Darts fans, and thank you.

most of our and their fans have been comlimentary sidders..there's always a couple from both sides that spoil it...and the darts have bitten a little at daggsy match report and also at ronnies remarks but its all tongue in cheek....

it was a good day out in a good atmosphere and in good sunshine and in spite of the poor game with our much deleted squad at the moment I suppose we should be pleased with the draw although I could never see them scoring and we had just the two shots from halle that their keeper had to save although one was going over anyway... hopefully a couple of our lads will be back for the replay and will make the difference....

don't really want to go to PP as I take exception to being force fed slices of pizza and being told not to smoke in the open air but I will go as nett is not available.....

should be a good game..

the dartford fans were a noisy bunch of nutters. always good to meet like minded people.

got to be one of the worst games i've seen this year. not sure if that's because we both cancelled each other out or because we kicked towards the clubhouse end in the first half, janney's injury or what. unc has described it as dour at best, and i'd definitely go along with that.

the thought of some jobsworth steward threatening to throw me out for smoking or swearing or having butter instead of margerine or whatever, and being egged on by the dartford fans is a bit much for me, so that, plus the fact i have a bit of work on atm means i'll not be making the trip on tuesday. shame as i love a new ground, but just not worth it imo.

you'll be there mate,i will drag you over there.

Must say that the smoking thing is a bit much but i suppose it depends on how enclosed the stadium is.If its like hendon away then its a stupid idea as the smoke just goes up but i can maybe understand it if its more like an enclosed stadia.

they do open the gates at half time for smokers when i went there some people were smoking in a clandestine manner and stewards were turning a blind eye,it depends if you've got a jobsworth steward near you or not,the funny thing was i snorted a line of coke off the bar in the clubhouse and no one cared,its madness isnt it?