Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

violence at the abbey

Uncle Urchin

as tilbury come to town....

violent scenes at Sewardstone Road left referee Lloyd Wood with no choice but to abandone the game after 75 minutes.

Tilbury had the perfect opportunity to take the lead when Luke Stanley's cross was handled in the area but the resultant penalty was saved by Abbey keeper John Hickman

Following that incident, the home side took the lead against the run of play when Dean Perry netted. However things took a turn for the worse in the second half when a scuffle involving Abbey's Marc Sontag and Tilbury's Lloyd Anthoney sparked a mass brawl.

Anthoney was red carded after striking Sontag who's brother Lee was also then red carded for joining in.

referee Wood attempted to get the game back underway but following a further violent alercation in the tunnel involving the red carded players and supporters, he abandoned the game. Abbey will keep the points.

fck me do we have to play these pub teams.... grin

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: VoiceFromTheClouds
unc how can abbey keep the points? plus how did the fan's get involved with the player's or wos theirn fighting each other?

74 minute rule I believe...

daggsy...?

and how the fck do I know I wasn't there... yay

I was going to say the same - from memory I thought this has to go to the FA or League to decide if the match will be replayed or points awarded.

Originally Posted By: urchinboy2
fighting involving fans .. that would be hard as neither side have any grin

For fans read players' families. We had alteracations with both last season.

>>>

74 minute rule I believe...

daggsy...?

They must wait for the referee's report - I thought it was 80 mins for a result to stand, but in the case where it was abandoned due to circumstances off the pitch (ie in the tunnel - did not know that they have one at Waltham Abbey) - then the league will have to decide on its merits.

That's one way of securing 3 points. Take the lead and in the 75th minute get of of your players to beat up one of their youngsters and get the game abandoned. Job done!!!!

Thurrock Gazette report....

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/sport/t...s_abandoned.php

abbey do have a few fans who stand behond the goal at one end and hurl abuse. they are just the players mates. seemingly sontag and a fan beat up the tilbury player in the dressing room!

Originally Posted By: smallsy
abbey do have a few fans who stand behond the goal at one end and hurl abuse. they are just the players mates. seemingly sontag and a fan beat up the tilbury player in the dressing room!

Sounds like the ones we had an altercation with about this time last year plus some of their family and a few of Abbey's reserves

They didn't like some of the Yellow Army giving banter to some of the Abbey players and got quite abusive about it.