Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Website Changes

andydick

We're in the process of moving the AFC Hornchurch website to Pitchero.

Next season we'll be running 8 teams, the first team and U12 to U18 so we need a platform that can easily support multiple teams and is easier to maintain.  Currently updates to the site come through me which is fine for 1 team but simply won't work when we have 8 teams.  We've also spoken to a number of the managers and they want to do their own updates anyway so we need something with a proper content management system.

Whilst Pitchero isn't so good in some areas it does give us multi team, mult-admin and simpler maintenance.

This is what we have so far:  http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/afchornchurch/

We've added the first team + photos and set up all the youth sides.  We're also transferring some of the pages over from our current site.  Also added a couple of match reports - take a look at the Hayes & Yeading one (under Team News and Match Reports) .. looks pretty good + all player mentions link back to their profiles + it keeps a load of player stats (link down the left hand side on the match report page)

Above the "The Ring" logo is an option to join the club website.  It's worth joining as we'll start using some of Pitchero's promotional tools to publish stuff to members.  Joining also allows you to comment on posts and join events (we've added the Dartathon event).

For the time being we'll maintain both sites but at some point we'll do a domain re-direct (and a Pitchero re-configuration).  If all goes well afchornchurch.com will still be our website except it will re-direct to the pitchero site.

Happy to take feedback and/or any questions etc.

Andy.

Web site looks good, well done......

Glad to see the club will be running and promoting various youth teams, it has to be a move in the right direction. Shows that AFC Hornchurch is  evolving and involving local youth.

Another advantage of joining the club website is you can upload photos (something I remember Annie mentioning some time back).  You can also upload videos.  Videos will appear after a couple of days (Pichero review all videos for dodgy content) and photos are sent to the webmaster (currently me) for approval.

Yeah it was something i said. Thanks for adding it t the new website.

Looks great at the moment and hope its even better once its finished in time for the new season.

Please to see that the club has moved forward and is linking all the youth teams together. This is really good and encouraging news as to where the club wants to go.

:grin: :applause:

Nice to see we are adopting an holistic approach, something Mancini wasn't doing at city

Website look very slick and professional, well done Andy.

Which website membership do we go for?  Supporter or Club Member?

Thanks.

I have to admit there's a whole load of different memberships and I'm not yet up to speed on how they all differ in terms of access rights etc.

Club member seems about right though.

Anything other than "supporter" needs to be approved so you can either select "club member" and request it (I'll then approve it) or just select "supporter" and once your supporter membership comes through I'll add "Club" to it .. if you see what I mean !

Well Done Andy, Website Looks Professional, Love The idea With All The Picture and Video Sharing, Great Idea

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after a fair amount of fiddling (and a lot of help from Ian W) we've re-configured the old afchornchurch.com to route through to our pitchero site.

For those who care, and I doubt there are many, it's done via a DNS CNAME and then masked at the Pitchero end.

The upshot being that www.afchornchurch.com will still be our website yet will display the Pitchero site but without any reference to Pitchero in the address bar.

If you see the old site when you first launch it then you need to clear your cache and re-load the page.  Hold down Ctrl and press F5.

To the site itself, added a basic banner and background plus added a Sponsorship page under the Club Info heading.  Not planning on doing much else beyond adding the news items as and when they occur.  If there's anything anyone thinks would be useful to add then let me know.

Thanks,

Andy.

I was  going to suggest those options Andy.....oh yeah!

I mentioned in tonight's AFSHSA AGM that it would be good to start using some of the interactive features of the website .. e.g. joining the various events that we'll start to publicise (Dartathon for instance).

To do that you need to create a Pitchero account.  There's a link to "join the website" on the main page, top right.

I'd recommend everyone creates an account as it also allows you to post article comments, share articles via Facebook / Twitter, join events and upload photos / videos.

We have the Dartathon coming up and the event on the website currently shows only 2 attendees.  Whilst we know more are attending it would be good to reflect a much more realistiic number on there (in the event it's viewed by other parties).

Rob - we could also do the same for the Away Travel.  Create the "Away Match" event and let those that want a seat on the coach to join the event.  Just a thought.

Andy.

I mentioned in tonight's AFSHSA AGM that it would be good to start using some of the interactive features of the website .. e.g. joining the various events that we'll start to publicise (Dartathon for instance).

To do that you need to create a Pitchero account.  There's a link to "join the website" on the main page, top right.

I'd recommend everyone creates an account as it also allows you to post article comments, share articles via Facebook / Twitter, join events and upload photos / videos.

We have the Dartathon coming up and the event on the website currently shows only 2 attendees.  Whilst we know more are attending it would be good to reflect a much more realistiic number on there (in the event it's viewed by other parties).

Rob - we could also do the same for the Away Travel.  Create the "Away Match" event and let those that want a seat on the coach to join the event.  Just a thought.

Andy.

Further to my note above, could those that haven't yet joined the website do so please.  To join the club website, you'll need a Pitchero account ...

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/afchornchurch/signup/?source=sponsor_box

If you're going to the Dartathon, please join the event ..

http://www.afchornchurch.com/events/24-hour-dartathon-in-aid-of-te-121707.html

... and click the "Join event" button.

Thanks,

Andy.

Archived