Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Staines Lammas Eleven....

TRS

Originally Posted By: Guvnor No1
no teffs i come off after 10 mins the ref poked me in the eye.

Not 'premature ejaculation', then, Guv ??

bolt

Originally Posted By: Big J R

Another wrong decision he should have punched you in the moowie

Originally Posted By: Guvnor No1

Not 'premature ejaculation', then, Guv ??

bolt

.... which could also be described as one of your short-comings ??

chloe

........... and on that note, I can hear a pint of stella calling !

Nite-nite all you kents and others !

krooner you havent cleared up the bit about you having banter but the player getting red/yellow card for same said banter another thing that ive noticed we pay for 3 officials but the ref is making them all as the ball goes out for a throw how many people have seen the ref make little gestures pointing one way or other im not saying his wrong or right but let the man with the flag do what he is paid to do there is not alot of team work goes on between the 3 in the middle also the silly no standing that the ccl have adopted does it work im not sure but it has given some people a bit of a power trip

Originally Posted By: Teflon

Another wrong decision he should have punched you in the moowie

haha your so funny,

teffs do you wnak alot coz your a proper donut with a cherry on top.

Sorry Roland. I have banter with players. I do not call them kents, cheats, fecking w*nkers, fecking pricks well you get the idea. A player would of started it as I said earlier and if he happens to call me any of them then I will take action but then again that is not banter.

Earlier this season, I went to Horsham YMCA vs Molesey. The young lino on the dugout side had to run in front of the Molesey dugout, he made one or two questionable decisions (nothing major) and he was subjected to abuse every time he ran in front of them. Some of it was nasty, intimidation really. Surprised the ref didn't sort it out, but it's bad news that the Manager/bench behave like that. No wonder refs/linos are giving up.

yes im sure we would all say that is wrong but i still stick with my honest opinion that we have a crop of officials that are not of the highest standard that seem to have lost the ethos of the game if players reacted the same way petty feuds would be carried over to each game officials are becoming like my wife if i do somthing wrong she keeps remembering it yet cant remember to put petrol in the car i dont think players are of the standard of a few years ago but without a doubt the officials have lost the art of man managment maybe because its not taught

krooner you would be right to take action in your scenario but thats not the norm these days the refs this season have been very vocal and ofton rude i fear that they may say it to the wrong person and that will start the whole debate about not keeping officials

As I cannot convince you Roland help me out. Clearly there is a problem and we need to sort it out. For my part I believe that players should be more tolerant of officials decisions and not over react to the most minor of decisions. What can referees do Roland to help their image with players such as yourself ?

I think one of the major problems is very few officials in the CCL are willing to talk to players to explain their decisions at the time.

This has to go both ways though, so if a player lets rip with a tirade of abuse and then demands an explanation, then I can understand why an official wouldn't responde, but I've been in situations where I've asked officials to explain what they had given the offence for (without swearing) and have got nothing back.

I asked him not to be so ignorant as to ignore me and why wouldn't he answer my question, to which he replied "because I don't have to"!!

Now that just winds players/managers etc up.

I agree that the abuse towards officials needs to calm down, but they also need to be able to talk back and explain their decisions...as far too many of them don't!

I agree Jurg. From my point I will answer aplayers question if I am able to in the game circumstances. So if someone wants a foul and I havent given it I need to try and keep up with play rather than explain. If in the next minute or so the ball goes dead I will explain if the play goes on for four or five minutes I tend not too.

i,m starting to get a little bit worried to where we are actully going with this thread,are we starting to undermine the refs authority, why does he have to exsplain his desicions to anybody,kroons will tell you and most of the other refs in this league that i am probably the most difficult manager they have to deal with but they have a very difficult job to do and i will always respect them

krooner its not that you are not saying the way i think a game should run but put your kit on and a whistle in your hand and its a bit like they turn into differnt people in the bar they return to normal i know that this is not all of them but its far to many i hear the same complaints from to many benches yes the players and managers have to play there part and im sure that refs dont cheat but they do have it in there power to influence games because the bench or player is in his ear as ive said this is an easy level to ref because there is no violance towards officals its not the easiest thats most definatly academy

leval where kids are not allowed to talk to refs nor parents

but there are too many that dont start games with a clean sheet

havent seen you officate kroons but if you practice what you preach then you cant be bad