Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Of course, My Lord, I was referring to 'local' fans, as anyone able to make some or all home games, such as your goodself, York fox etc, not just those living within an easy commute, such as myself.

If we are going to dig our way out of any MYFC induced financial mess, it really will be people through turnstiles who will be the biggest factor in helping the recovery.

Originally Posted By: PatMan

I think the fact that less than 7,500 voted shows exactly how serious the majority of the MyFC members are about the whole thing.

Pat 7,500 voting in 48 hours is a huge number of people. Most votes occur over 7 days or longer. Many members do not log in every day or even every other day for that matter. MyFC is being criticised when only 1,000 vote on PTT etc. - and now 7,500 have voted over a short timeframe and it's still criticised. I am actually surprised that so many voted and it gives me hope that more people will renew in February than I expected (providing we continue to be allowed to make real decisions).

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
It is still too early to give accurate figures, but the early signs are that attendances are well up.
2 home games, gates of 1800+ and 1400+.
Hopefully 2000 today and a similar gate on Tuesday will give a 4 game average of 1800 - an increase of 80% on last year's overall average.
The local fans ARE doing their bit.

I think we need to be a little cautious with the attendance figures for the next few games. 316 people came to the Mansfield game on the '2 for 1' scheme and 216 for the Stevenage game (indeed if you take the 216 off the gate for Stevenage you get the same number as attended last season). It will take some time for the numbers to settle down and give an accurate trend.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz

If we are going to dig our way out of any MYFC induced financial mess, it really will be people through turnstiles who will be the biggest factor in helping the recovery.

EUFC was in a financial mess long before MyFC came along. MyFc have/are paying off debts of

Just over 1800 today, not sure how many Oxford - but less than I would have expected.

And Dom, 25% of your members voting is not huge - its crap. Using the excuse that members might not log on everyday is pure horsesh!t. It indicates a complete lack of interest/trust/faith in MyFC.

And Dom, 25% of your members voting is not huge - its crap. Using the excuse that members might not log on everyday is pure horsesh!t. It indicates a complete lack of interest/trust/faith in MyFC.

25% voting of the members of an internet based members society over a 48 hours period is significantly better than the vast majority of internet based groups who might be carrying out votes. For feck sake it's bigger than many local council turnouts. MyFc was never going to have 705-80% turnouts for every vote. What this vote indicates is that there is certainly more optimism to suggest that more than 10,000 will renew in February (which is not something I would have said three weeks ago). This will not make the financial problems go away but it certainly does create a bit of breathing space to try and come up with a solution.

Just over 1800 today, not sure how many Oxford - but less than I would have expected.

Yes, an excellent attendance again today -

I would suggest a little caution in looking at the numbers

V Mansfield 1,872 (of which 316 didn't pay making 1,556 paying punters)
The only comparable fixture last season was V Exeter = 1,617

V Stevenage 1,420 (216 '2 for 1's' making 1,204 paying)
Last Season = 1,201

V Oxford 1,842 (don't know the number of freebies)
Last Season = 1,853 (admittedly there were over 600 away fans at this game).

Tuesday nights game against will be a good indicator. Last season attendance was 1,388 (Easter Monday - Satanta game if I remember right). A similar figure on Tuesday, to me, would be positive.

Think we need to get 8 or 10 home games in to get a true trend of attendances this season.

EDIT: Just noticed that we had the second highest attendance of the day after Mansfield.

389 away fans.

411 of the 800 that Jeff was told by a Oxford fan in the Plough before the game are currently missing and are thought to be in the same place as the 1,500 Shots fans that got lost in the league match last season.

If anyone sees these 1,900 people wondering around the area can they please call the police.

Will bow to all the superior knowledge on CUFC. Just my feeling that a midweek game the week the kids go back to school, after not entirely successful recent outings would affect attendances.

Plus CUFC were away this weekend at Weymouth.

If you had to choose between a weekend in sunny Weymouth, or a midweek game in glorious Ebbsfleet, were would you go?