Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Do we actually know our break even gate figure nowadays?

Used to be circa 1400 - we could look at an attendace and have a good idea whether it was a good or bad day for the club.

2 games in, we are going along at 1600+, with 2000 gate expected against Oxford and Cambridge this is likely to rise to 1800, a figure we all peviously agreed was the baseline self-sustaining figure for the BSP.

If we are still running huge debts after this start, then MYFC need to look inwards and question whether they have broken their own rules for allowing an increase in debt.

Based on their own agreed budget of

Originally Posted By: behindthegoal
...remeber that MYFC money is still paying off old debt...that was created under the old (non-sustainable)set-up.

I fail to see how anyone thinks that how we were structured before was beter. We would have been bust BY NOW!

I never said the old setup was better! If the Clubs debts are growing, in reality the Club is Bust!
Try going to Tesco's and tell them you will pay your grocery bill when and if you get a lot of overtime, the same way some people are hanging their hopes on increased MyFC membership and hopeful Cup runs!

The fleet were leaking money like water before MYFC came along, why?

The gates were never big enough to sustain a team in the BSP,the fleet were heading to go part time pro. Thats exactly what should have happened.

MYFC come in and wipe out the debts, but do the crowds improve? no of course they don't.

The club should have gone part time, cut their cloth accordingly and consolidated for a year and got the debt under control.

But on here the amount of posts blaming MYFC for everything is incredible.

The fleet fans forever slagging off MYFC members on the other site, with the self styled club saviour Harry reveling in the fact for mounths that he is driving them away.

Must surely go down as an own goal on your part.

You can't have it all your own way, you are responsible for your own downfall.

Harry you spent forever slagging off people on the other site, saying you wised they would leave. Well you will get your wish!

You were in so much debt you jumped at the chance of the money, and like you forever kept saying on the other site

"Thanks for the money, now f**k off"

..the point missed by all the doom-merchants is that we are better placed now than ever before to have a full-time team. If we had no ambition then part-time football in the lower leagues is all that we could have realistically aspired to, as we would have been effectively bust.

We now have a possibility of staying full-time and even becoming a Laegue club. Yes there is a risk of going bust, there always was and always will be, but it is lower now than before MYFC.

Originally Posted By: billy nick

That's not exactly new news, the fact that we've been accumulating debt over the years is pretty widespread these days. Sorry, I don't really see your point.

Originally Posted By: bsmith

That's not exactly new news, the fact that we've been accumulating debt over the years is pretty widespread these days. Sorry, I don't really see your point.

The point i'm trying to make is that you need everyone to renew, but my experience of MYFC is that people like Harry and others played a campaign to abuse everyone on that site that didn't agree with them.
Why the hell would they renew after that?

Originally Posted By: bsmith

The point i'm trying to make is that you need everyone to renew, but my experience of MYFC is that people like Harry and others played a campaign to abuse everyone on that site that didn't agree with them.

More to the point MyFC have reneged on most of their original promises, therefor the destruction of MyFC is more likely to come from within!

MyFC is one potential solution to the problem, it however isn't the only one. There seems to be some hostility coming from MyFC members on this issue, who would have us believe it's either PTT or bust.

Yes they didn't come up trumps with there promises. Which was mainly "own the club, ptt".

I was just listening to talk sport and they had someone on from MYFC saying the SHAREHOLDERS were voting on Akinde, we are not shareholders and there is no vote going on, its a bloody poll.

It like everything on there is a pointless excercise.

my experience of MYFC is that people like Harry and others played a campaign to abuse everyone on that site that didn't agree with them.

They - and you - must be pretty thin-skinned if they'd throw in the towel after a couple of adverse comments from a couple of people on internet forums.

The fact is EUFC fans as a whole have been pretty much welcoming - there'd have been plenty of other clubs' fans who would have fought tooth and nail to resist a new venture like this and almost without exception, MyFC members have been welcomed with open arms at Stonebridge Road regardless of people's feelings as to the rights and wrongs of it.

The vast majority of Fleet fans on the MyFC site have interacted well - sure, there's a degree of cynicism and criticism of sometimes silly ideas, but you're making out like Fleet fans have actively campaigned against MyFC which is so misinformed it's untrue.

If three or four Fleet fans bring down MyFC by occasionally letting rip about it, that says as much about you walking away from it for that reason as it does about anti-MyFCers.

bsmith, i have been a lurker on here, and i will say your a respectful bloke.

But i believe MYFC RENEWAL'S was the only solution, the hostility i found on the site came from Harry and his cronies, none of whom signed up for MYFC before they knew it was their club that was to be chosen.

But were very outspoken about PTT (which i understand) but forgot that the majority signed up for exactly that. Once they realized that wouldn't happen, they were off.

The ones that stayed to argue the case care about what happens.

[quote=billy nick]Yes they didn't come up trumps with there promises. Which was mainly "own the club, ptt".

I was just listening to talk sport and they had someone on from MYFC saying the SHAREHOLDERS were voting on Akinde, we are not shareholders and there is no vote going on, its a bloody poll.

It like everything on there is a pointless excercise.

Don't forget,,,,,, "They would buy a Club with potential to play (cough cough) in the Premiership!"